What games are you playing now?

I don't recall him being too difficult, but I explored a lot and may have hit him at a higher level. Don't be stingy with items, they got me through many a tough battle.

Thanks.
Maybe I should level up a bit more.

Dungeon of Dragon Knight, which was released a couple of days back. Its basically a love letter to Legend of Grimrock, square dancing and all, so if you didn't like Grimrock there's nothing to see here. I'm about 90 minutes in and so far there haven't been any big surprises - there are lots of levers, teleporters, hidden stones to press and pressure plates to drop rocks on etc. But I love a bit of Grimrock, so that's ok! I'm having a good time with it, exploring the dungeons and slowly levelling up my four character party. I have a fighter, wizard, cleric and ranger - they're all pretty useful, although it took me a while to work out how to use the cleric's heal spell and his combat is weakest of the bunch. I'm particularly enjoying the use of sound in the game so far - sometimes you can hear an enemy from really far away, and its quite atmospheric. On the level I'm currently exploring there's a heavy footstep (sounds like something huge) followed by a clanking chain that's variously getting louder and quieter. At some point I imagine I'm going to have to face whatever creature is making that noise, and I'm getting quite tense about it! :) A worthwhile purchase from my perspective and I think I'll happily sink a load of hours into it.

If Dungeon of Dragon Knight compares favourable with Grimrock, then I'll likely be picking it up. Thanks for the thoughts on the game and I'll be watching to see your further thoughts as you delve deeper!

Kenshi always draws me into some adventure with my characters (and many new ones). And to think my quick character was a redneck people call Mullet and his dog Rebel from Idaho and a town called "Mulleton". :)

Finally, making progress in Dark souls remastered, Iv'e lost count the amount of times Iv'e loaded it up, hyped and determined to get further than my last try, only to fail miserably. Well I think they've done a great job on the remaster, it no longer feels like a port and at last no reference to console commands, kb and mouse works well now. The game looks gorgeous and oozes atmosphere, it,s also a lot deeper than I first thought with lots of weaponry and Armour sets, leveling up, skills, magic, so many different builds. One thing that hasn't changed though, it's still as hard as nails.

Attachments

• Dark souls prt scr.jpg
    Dark souls prt scr.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 127
Just finished Act 1 of Tyranny - and loving it

First real RPG that I've played in a while, been mostly doing tactical strategy stuff and lo-fi rpg, besides tabletop gaming (Saga Age of Magic, 40K: Kill Team)

Finally, making progress in Dark souls remastered, Iv'e lost count the amount of times Iv'e loaded it up, hyped and determined to get further than my last try, only to fail miserably. Well I think they've done a great job on the remaster, it no longer feels like a port and at last no reference to console commands, kb and mouse works well now. The game looks gorgeous and oozes atmosphere, it,s also a lot deeper than I first thought with lots of weaponry and Armour sets, leveling up, skills, magic, so many different builds. One thing that hasn't changed though, it's still as hard as nails.

One thing that I found useful is to move into another area if you are stuck with a boss or progression in one area. The areas are well connected and diverse to allow you to go elsewhere, get more souls to level up, find new weapons, and upgrade your weapons and armour.

total war 3 kingdoms. Looks great. People say that diplomacy works at this one but i'm still in the beginning, so it remains to be seen. I have a problem at keep tracking the names as they sound(read) almost identical.

Actually looks retarded to me.

"Found phone" with dating app inside and supposedly jumpscares "horror".
Without jumpscare atrocities could work as an experimental indie movie short*, but as a game on PC… Gimme a break.

I have no idea why are indies shifting to quick buck shovelware. Is it because Steam allowing any trash?

Back in the day we got DLC:The Game indie that dared to criticize AAA industry. We don't need dating app simulator (okay, we do, but...), today we need Lootboxes:The Game yet such product is nowhere to be found.

………………………

* The idea is just not enough for full feature similar to Searching

For the past week or so I kept trying to get an achievement in DOOM, and today I finally have it. I finally completed the first level on ultra-nightmare. The speedrunners made it look so easy, but it took me quite a bit of retries. The weird thing is, even though the description says that it should basically be Nightmare but with the added bonus of having your save deleted upon death (which means you have to finish the level with no deaths), it felt to me like the enemies were way more aggressive than on Nightmare. Anyways, I've done it so I don't have to bang my head on that wall anymore. Now I can bang it on trying to finish the game on Nightmare. :D

Just started Yakuza 0, so these are early thoughts:
- I expected it to be more of an rpg instead of a pure brawler.
- I don't like the static world. Mostly because I get stuck behind little objects, or if you go too close to a wall when turning a corner you get completely halted in your movement. It is a bit annoying.
- so many minigames, which I normally skip in games. The substories are ludicrous fun though (about the stolen game and brusara girl)

It hasn't gripped me yet, but the story seems intriguing (which is what I bought it for) and the brawling system is starting to make sense.

Ah, and Joxer: "Real yakuza use a gamepad". Haha

Yea, I did add that line in bs thread. I think… Or was it only the cover censorship on rerelease?
Anyway, it reads "although in gaming business since forever, we're still incapable of making proper keyboard controls".

If you want to 100% the game, use cheats to win karaoke and dance QTE mushrooms horrors. Not sure today, but other minigames are IIRC finishable with K+M.

Oh and I didn't buy Kiwami. I'm dying for another yakuza game, but… Maybe real yakuza uses cheats, I kinda have nothing against it but don't want to be forced into it by the poor port's publisher.

I'm sure the line was already mentioned on the watch. It almost seemed to be added specifically for you. Perhaps a bit off topic but I prefer controls to be mostly analog. Mouse is analog, but the keyboard is still digital to this day (requiring buttons for walking and running). Even the X,A,B,Y buttons are pressure sensitive on the controller. Actually, on some level analog controls make games less QTE, requiring more skill.

If you want to 100% the game, use cheats to win karaoke and dance QTE mushrooms horrors. Not sure today, but other minigames are IIRC finishable with K+M.
Karaoke seemed the easiest. I failed the first opponent of the avoid knocking down minigame twice, but I was still struggling with the controls and the camera to my defense. I'm sure next time I will be better.

I'm still going through Final Fantasy Four, Afteryears, and I've gotten to a point where I can finally pick a squad that I want to play. It took quite some time to get here, and I had to put up with playing some team members that I would never use given a choice, but now I'm really enjoying the game. Not sure if I'd ever replay this one simply based on how many characters you are forced to use that I don't care for, plus the sheer amount of video clips within the game itself.

@ilm; you have to try out karaoke songs like "24 hour cinderella", "judgement" and "rouge of love" - I almost cried cause I was laughing so hard watching/playing these.

I'm playing Stay Alive: Apocalypse. It's a zombie horde survival game in the vein of 7 Days to Die. This one is set in a modern world, so you have cars, skyscrapers, modern weapons, etc. This game has quite a few rpg elements and is single-player so it gets a long look from me. There are stats, skills, quests and NPC's that you can either help or even have join your small survival group. It is full of crafting, but you don't have to build a base from scratch. You can take over a huge apartment building and just convert some rooms for your current needs. Lots of traps that you can buy, grenades to throw, rocket launchers to find and very scarce ammo.

I've enjoyed the 30 hours I've sunk into it so far, but this game isn't for an rpg purist. It is at least 30% going around and finding food and water and seeking shelter from the cold and rain. You can also turn off the zombies completely if you just like exploration and survival without combat. I love that option but it does kill most suspense.

After finishing Final Fantasy Four: the After Years, I looked at my gaming library, and...picked Chrono Trigger! I've not played this one in five years or so, I'm even blanking out on some of the content, which means time for a replay!

I have played chrono trigger for the first time a couple of years ago. more than 20 years after release. I think chrono trigger is one of the few games that feels much more modern than it is (mechanics wise, and even the graphics). If you would say it was released in 2007 I would believe it. A real classic.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever let five years pass before without revisiting this classic. It's just such a great game, and it really just never gets old for me. I also believe that it's one of the few games that does a great job of blending fantasy with science fiction.

Back
Top Bottom