M&B: Warband - Best Game of Thrones Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The best Game of Thrones game we are likely to get is a Mount & Blade: Warband mod according to Gamecrate.

The sheer size and scope of A World of Ice and Fire is impressive on its own, but for a fan-based mod what’s really impressive is how dedicated the mod author Produno is to doing justice not just to the subject matter but to the grim, cut-throat tone we all know so well. It’s an attention to detail and difficulty that pays off by making you feel like you’re actively struggling to survive not just in a game, but in Westeros itself.

If you’re interested in diving into the mod yourself, it’s available on its Moddb page and the Steam Workshop.
More information.

Another comparable mod is called A Clash of Kings.

Both have differences so it's hard to recommend which one is better.

Personally I think the best game is the one you imagine as you read the book.
Nah I rather watch the TV show as Martian will never finish the books. :biggrin:

HBO also has a few prequels and spinoffs in pre-production. Hopefully someone makes an open world RPG like Witcher III, but set in the Game of Thrones Universe.:drool:

Nah I rather watch the TV show as Martian will never finish the books. :biggrin:

HBO also has a few prequels and spinoffs in pre-production. Hopefully someone makes an open world RPG like Witcher III, but set in the Game of Thrones Universe.:drool:

I dunno, the setting is too low Fantasy and too depressing for my tastes. There are loads of Fantasy worlds I'd rather see more RPG's in... But for M&B I reckon GoT is a pretty good fit. Might be time to reinstall the game.

I have played the Lord of the Rings mod 3rd Age I think it's called. I may have to reinstall and try these GoT mods.

I dunno, the setting is too low Fantasy and too depressing for my tastes. There are loads of Fantasy worlds I'd rather see more RPG's in… But for M&B I reckon GoT is a pretty good fit. Might be time to reinstall the game.

The "low fantasy" part depends on the time period I'd say. From my understanding, magic was much more prevalent in the distant past of Westeros / Essos.

I would not mind a game game centered on a Valyrian dragon rider. :D

The "low fantasy" part depends on the time period I'd say. From my understanding, magic was much more prevalent in the distant past of Westeros / Essos.

I would not mind a game game centered on a Valyrian dragon rider. :D

True. But even if there was more magic Westeros is pretty lacking when it comes to monsters, creatures and different humanoid species. There are exceptions like the dragons and dire wolves, but they're few and far between as far as I'm aware of.

Last edited:
There are hints that creatures / monsters have also been more frequent in the past. At least they are more frequent north of the wall, including giants, and of course white walkers. There are even some pseudo-elves (children of the forest).

But I agree, the overall variety is not that large. Not comparable to the zoo that Fearun exhibits. ;)

There are hints that creatures / monsters have also been more frequent in the past. At least they are more frequent north of the wall, including giants, and of course white walkers. There are even some pseudo-elves (children of the forest).

But I agree, the overall variety is not that large. Not comparable to the zoo that Fearun exhibits. ;)

Exactly. And Forgotten Realms isn't the most interesting of D'n'D settings either, but to me it's the Benchmark of what a High Fantasy world should be.

Back
Top Bottom