What to play next?

I'm having the same problems in LA Noire. Keep blowing cases, badly. Ah well. It's kinda fun until you get yelled at or fail. :)
And the bad thing is I tried really hard as I was into the idea of playing a real detective! Taking 10 minutes to gauge the situation, and trying to react appropriately. All my cases became a mess. LA Noire destroyed my confidence in my social skills.

I don't recall LA Noire being all that difficult, but you do have to pay attention to almost all that is going on, both in the past and what's before you. I do remember taking notes during the game.

Definitely have a huge backlog, but I'm thirsting for a heavy CRPG and I don't want to dive into something like Wizardry 8 or something while Kingmaker is right around the corner. That will be a glorious return to CRPG-ing. :)

That's why I'm playing the random stuff in my backlog. Well, trying to play, seems like you latested longer in LA Noire than I did in Aquaria.

I'm avoiding RPGs of all sort because I'm just off a ~85 hours Dragon Age Inquisition playthrough (+2 ~20 hours aborted playthroughs) and I fear being burn out before trying Kingmaker. I own a lots of indie adventure and action games I never played, so I got about a week and a half to go through some of them…or at least try them.

Azarhal, aquaria is fantastic! If you are having problems in the beginning look at a guide, once it opens up it is just beautiful.

That's why I'm playing the random stuff in my backlog. Well, trying to play, seems like you latested longer in LA Noire than I did in Aquaria.

I'm avoiding RPGs of all sort because I'm just off a ~85 hours Dragon Age Inquisition playthrough (+2 ~20 hours aborted playthroughs) and I fear being burn out before trying Kingmaker. I own a lots of indie adventure and action games I never played, so I got about a week and a half to go through some of them…or at least try them.

6 hours in LA Noire is not much. :D

I'm trying to avoid RPGs and burnout, too. So I'm just patiently waiting for my 1080ti Turbo to get here and then Kingmaker to release. Should be like Christmas twice then. :)

P.S. Don't listen to joxer when he tells you to get out of that first, big area ASAP. Do listen to him when he tells you to romance Bull. ;)
I never said to get out of Hinterlands, but opposite. It was gaming media that praised the game, showered it with 10/10 and later were spamming articles "leave Hinterlands" or "DA4 has serious filler problem".
No. You can't judge the game properly and fairly unless you thoroughly explore and clear Hinterlands before proceeding anywhere else.

About romances, pick anyone unless you live in India or other countries where this game was banned. If living in such country where censors are imbecilles, romancing Bull is a must.
Others said:
Rockstar&2K.
Trying to persuade fans to write to their governments and praise lootboxes in letters (or e-mails).
Ignore their games till they stop with bullshit.

Azarhal, aquaria is fantastic! If you are having problems in the beginning look at a guide, once it opens up it is just beautiful.

It's pretty and I like the singing, but sadly I haven't enjoyed a sidecroller since the Sega Genesis/Nintendo era (late 80s/early 90s) despite liking lots of stuff in those I tried in the last few years. Some even have awesome soundtrack I still listen to.

It's pretty and I like the singing, but sadly I haven't enjoyed a sidecroller since the Sega Genesis/Nintendo era (late 80s/early 90s) despite liking lots of stuff in those I tried in the last few years. Some even have awesome soundtrack I still listen to.

Same here, although Aztaka showed promise when I tried it some years back.

If you really want something that won't tax the brainpan then you could play the Just Cause games. Lots of boom, not a whole lot of brain. Or the Shadow of Mordor games if you want to slaughter orcs by the dozens. NieR:Automata is excellent for a change of pace. Or maybe Ghost of a Tale - though I haven't played that yet.

I never said to get out of Hinterlands, but opposite. It was gaming media that praised the game, showered it with 10/10 and later were spamming articles "leave Hinterlands" or "DA4 has serious filler problem".
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it was you that said that!

Im playing ghost of a tale now (actually nearly finished it) and you need to remember a shit ton of stuff. There is just one map, pretty small overall but it has tons of locked doors, shortcuts, pathways and so on which you unlock in time, its very similar to the level design of the first dark souls. i walked around the map quite a lot and in every subzone many times since most quests make you explore and find stuff and still have trouble remembering which shortcut goes where haha.

Back
Top Bottom