F:NV New Vegas...regular or ulimate edition?

Fallout: New Vegas

bizorker

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor
I've never played Fallout New Vegas, so going to try it out. In order to get the most out of the game and the various mods, do I need to buy the Ultimate Edition, or can I just go with the regular version which is $9. Thx.

That simply depends on whether or not you want the DLC. Read the reviews and decide for yourself. Mods won't be affected either way.

Some of the dlc are really great, so I would get ultimate. I did.

You know that final scene with
mr. House
is stuck in my mind. Rather disturbing. That and some other good scenes/writing really makes the game. Most games scenes are totally forgotten by me, a few from Vegas stick because they weren't the usual cliche tropes.

Last edited:
In a thread discussing someone buying the game for the first time I'd say spoiler tags are a-okay.

I'd go with the Ultimate. New Vegas has some of the better DLC experiences out there.

Go ultimate. New vegas dlcs are great fun and worth of every penny.

Except for Honest Hearts(subjective), each one is enjoyable in it's own way. Go with ultimate...lot of mods have dependencies on their assets anyway.

Just wait for the next sale and buy Ultimate.

You know that final scene with
mr. House
is stuck in my mind. Rather disturbing.

My gf was totally in the zone at that point. That and she enjoyed Dead Money immensly.

Personally I wouldn't miss the DLC that much - they're not essential in any way and New Vegas is a big enough game on its own. If you don't want to wait and don't want to spend an extra buck, you can go with vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom