Shroud of the Avatar - Final Wipe in July

Well I'll take back the stick & cauldron, and will continue speaking as it's the truth. I'm not being offensive or rude, but a few posters keep ruining threads with their behavior.

Like I said above this has been going on for the last few months.

I even reported the behavior multiple times, and nothing was ever done. So now you can have the stick & cauldron back as I'm done with it. As I said my two cents.:biggrin:

I guess I can speak on this. I have probably lashed out at a few posters in the last little while on here because they are literally coming into threads and either inferring stupidity, nasty sexual innuendos, rude names and questioning peoples character. It gets to be a dog eat dog world on the forums...I don't know why it got this way. I hope it can get back to the old ways, been posting here a long time as you all pretty much know.

Now, we all pick duds for games we like from time to time, we will have games we disagree on. We have hopes for ones that others do not. I think also in reading text by people sometimes it is easy to inflect a certain feeling with how they wrote it or what they meant to get across. Sometimes it is the exact opposite of what people mean to say or come across as...sometimes it is as easy as saying, hey man, why did you say it like that? Or, did you mean it to come across that way?

Now, for shroud for instance...when I was more for the game I was getting told so many things about it on the forums....those were the truths at the time from what they were telling me. Did things change, yes they did. I changed my opinion on that when they did. I think that is how most reasonable people would assess things is it not?

At the end of the day, we are supposed to be fans of a particular type of game... one that can't be easily defined. I think it's fair to say that we all have different tastes and likes, that crapping on those likes of another because you believe something else doesn't make a better day. It's fine to say hey I don't like it...multiple posts in multiple threads to let us know how wrong we are probably isn't making your argument stronger. Long detailed and carefully worded ways of telling people that the game they like is because they are stupid isn't any better.

Now, I'm probably as guilty as others for doing some of this in the past but the best I can say is we all need to do better.

I am very guilty of egging Rune on in post on this game in the past. I guess because I wanted this game to be great but fear the worst from the beginning. Maybe because I wanted to have the same faith he had that it would a game we could love from out past.

A shame one of the greats just want to live off his name alone and believe stole peoples hard earned money with this project.

I am very guilty of egging Rune on in post on this game in the past. I guess because I wanted this game to be great but fear the worst from the beginning. Maybe because I wanted to have the same faith he had that it would a game we could love from out past.

A shame one of the greats just want to live off his name alone and believe stole peoples hard earned money with this project.

You know, I can see glimmers....they need much more time and money....I can see a world they can build a story in. I like the mix of steam and magic.

Just so much to do...it's just so enormous a task that I no longer think it is a likely hood of making it.

thumbsupdick.jpg

….they need much more time and money….

Wow are you kidding me? Seems every single message from them about this game includes some kind of monetary extraction mechanism. I've never been part of a kickstarter that came back for 2,789 bites of the apple and ate the entire orchard.

I backed this game very early on and had great hopes that LB was on the level about making it a proper SP game. Right now, I have my doubts, but if he lets me down then it will be the last game of his I ever support. I'm an unabashed Ultima fanboy; heck I even worked on both the U5 and U6 remakes!!

I backed this game very early on and had great hopes that LB was on the level about making it a proper SP game. Right now, I have my doubts, but if he lets me down then it will be the last game of his I ever support. I'm an unabashed Ultima fanboy; heck I even worked on both the U5 and U6 remakes!!

With what group?

Wow are you kidding me? Seems every single message from them about this game includes some kind of monetary extraction mechanism. I've never been part of a kickstarter that came back for 2,789 bites of the apple and ate the entire orchard.

Yeah, sounds crazy, but comparative budgets to games that want to make a world this big they have a drop in the water....big games are in the 10's of millions....these guys didn't even have 10. Not on the backers mind you, but they shot for something way beyond their budget.

Yeah, sounds crazy, but comparative budgets to games that want to make a world this big they have a drop in the water….big games are in the 10's of millions….these guys didn't even have 10. Not on the backers mind you, but they shot for something way beyond their budget.

Then why not make the game they could afford?

I mean who here wouldn't want bigger house or a better computer etc. We all have to live what we can afford.

So did you know shadow of light dragon?

The million dollar question….

I feel he took from the ones that grew up with him with no plans of ever given us what we wanted. I know I have watched the kickstarter many times and it was clear it was always never going to be a single player game. Though I don't think any of us thought it was going to be his social experiment game.

I mean who here wouldn't want bigger house or a better computer etc. We all have to live what we can afford.
Thing is, Garriott himself has the personal cash to make whatever game he wants. He spent $30M several years ago to take a ride to the International Space Station. If he had faith in his vision and end product making back his investment, he could put in whatever amount he wanted from his own personal fortune without even resorting to endless pledge-a-thons and fake real estate hawking.

If people really believed this, we wouldn't have 20% credit card, excessive debt, permanent mortgages etc. :)

If people really believed this, we wouldn't have 20% credit card, excessive debt, permanent mortgages etc. :)

I have never owned a credit card, no car payment, the only bill I have is my mortgage plus monthly bills.

I have never owned a credit card, no car payment, the only bill I have is my mortgage plus monthly bills.
Same here as far as actual debt goes, but it's silly not to own a credit card. You don't want 2% (or more) cash back on every payment? ;) Adds up quickly given that you can route just about everything through a CC these days.

The million dollar question….

Rofl, no its not a *million dollar question* its VERY simple, you are just playing dumb

you attacked anyone who warned you about Garriot, and called them haters ROFL, so now you must invent BS like "this is a million dollar question" to justify your naivety

Rofl, no its not a *million dollar question* its VERY simple, you are just playing dumb

you attacked anyone who warned you about Garriot, and called them haters ROFL, so now you must invent BS like "this is a million dollar question" to justify your naivety

I was agreeing.

So much for trying harder, maybe this is the best we can expect.

EDIT: Maybe it's time to take a break from this site, this is the type of posters that seem to be the norm now. I'm not sure, I do like the majority of you but sometimes it's not even worth posting.

Back
Top Bottom