How do you think our world will end?

How do you think our world will end?

• 1. Something coming from out of space (aliens/asteroids, sun exploding)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 2. 3rd world war/nuclear war

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 3. Quakes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Pollution

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 5. Climate change

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 6. Disease (virus)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 7. Infertility

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 8. Intergalactic highway

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 9. God starts again

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 10. Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
As nostradamus predicted it will end in hellfire and war. My prediction a spark will ignite in Asia due to China or Europe once again due to Russia. It will not end on good terms.

My second pick is global warming will probably kill half of us in the next couple of hundred years. It will also lead to third pick mass starvation unless we colonize other planets.

Other:
Due to uncontrolled destruction of ecosystems in the chase after dollars, the number of all kinds of insects will grow exponentially as we kill habitats of their natural predators which will cause the evolutionary shift that happens superfast with insects - we, humans, will become insects' food.
Once they're done with us, without anything more to eat they'll starve to death never realizing none of it was their fault.

Other:
Due to uncontrolled destruction of ecosystems in the chase after dollars, aggressive insects will grow exponentially as we kill their natural predators which will cause the evolutionary shift which happens superfast with insects - we'll become their food.
Once they're done with us, without anything to eat they'll starve to death without ever knowing none of it was their fault.
Not that's some straight up Sc-Fi movie stuff.:cool:

To my knowledge a movie or a book about what I just wrote doesn't exist. I wish it did.

Last edited:
The great Meme War will kill off most women, feminists and leftists. Then everyone who's left alive will start fighting or die of boredom. Though we are seeing them taking precautions in various ways to prevent the great meme war, but i doubt anything can stop it.

The world probably won't end until the Sun runs out of gas and goes red giant. Human civilisation I think will go considerably sooner, through a combination of environmental and economic collapse, and then squabbling over the scraps with weapons of mass destruction.

The world probably won't end until the Sun runs out of gas and goes red giant. Human civilisation I think will go considerably sooner, through a combination of environmental and economic collapse, and then squabbling over the scraps with weapons of mass destruction.
Just like Fist of the North Star. Still a good anime 20 years later.:nod:

Japanese anime tends to involve an apocalypse caused by aggravating a very large tentacle monster. :p

Japanese anime tends to involve an apocalypse caused by aggravating a very large tentacle monster. :p
Not this one nuclear war followed by wars for the last resources.

Link -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_North_Star
In the 1990s, civilization was ruined as a result of a worldwide nuclear war and many creatures died out. However, mankind survived and entered an age where the strong ruled over the weak, as the few survivors fought over whatever supply of food and uncontaminated water remained in the wasteland of the world.
Anyway I smell an anime hater here folks.:biggrin:

Too many likely possibilities on the poll - war, pollution, climate change or God starts again. All caused by humans (if the God decides to starts the world again, it's because we've come so far away from his ways).

So yeah. Depressing D:

It won't. Even if the sun goes out, the earth will endure. We're only here as long as she tolerates us, and when she's fed up, that will be the end of people, but Earth will go on. And likely be better for the loss of one mostly nasty life form. I cannot even imagine the sigh of relief the planet will utter!

It won't. Even if the sun goes out, the earth will endure. We're only here as long as she tolerates us, and when she's fed up, that will be the end of people, but Earth will go on. And likely be better for the loss of one mostly nasty life form. I cannot even imagine the sigh of relief the planet will utter!

Sadly, when the Sun goes, the Earth most likely goes too. The Sun gradually gets hotter over time. When all of its hydrogen has fused to helium, the helium core will collapse, causing a massive rapid heating. The Sun will expand to hundred of times its current size, swallowing the Earth. Then it will quite quickly burn away, leaving only a dark cinder.

Changing climate without a doubt. Earth will become a desert wasteland in the not too distant future, maybe 150-200 years. The vast majority of humanity will be wiped out through starvation in a couple of years and the remnants will hang on for another 20-30 years until all the preserved food and water supplies run out.

I'd say anything but climate change, it's an ongoing scam. "we only have 10 years!" has been a meme for these activists since at least the 80's (can't say i followed it much during the 70's, might have been a thing back then too).

t0kd1.jpg

I don't really care, because most likely none of us will be there to find out. Also, its 2 very different questions. One is whether or not humanity will survive, the other is how long the Earth will survive. As noted, we already know in a billion years (or some vast distant future time) the Sun will swallow up the Earth when the Sun dies.

Humanity may not ever end, or we might have an unexpected gigantic unknown asteroid/comet hit us tomorrow, and effectively wipe out humanity just like that. Or, a deadly worldwide plague strikes, and with airplanes and travel, humanity has no chance to stop it from spreading. Or a hostile extraterrestrial advanced high technology race invade and either take us out and take the Earth for themselves (resources), or take over and use us as slave labor. There are all kinds of possibilities, all of which are remote, but still have a chance of happening.

Our current civilization is pretty vulnerable, humanity as such is not. Some would survive most of these desasters.

It takes a long nuclear winter, or some space crap falling down on us to really do Humanity in ...

In the end it depends on how you define "our world."

I'll also say overpopulation is a good choice also because this world can only hold so many people. Just look at the current stats to see how fast the world population is increasing.

We better start building apartment mega-complexes and find alternative food sources.

Back
Top Bottom