Necromunda: Underhive Wars - Releasing Summer 2020

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Necromunda: Underhive Wars will release Summer 2020 according to the Steam page. The game is currently available to preorder for 20% off.

Deep below the nightmarish, polluted hive cities of Necromunda, in the twisted, vertiginous, dark tunnels of the Underhive, rival gangs fight to the bitter end for personal power, wealth, survival and the honour of their Houses. Only the strongest survive.

Lead, customize, and grow your gangs of Escher, Goliath, and Orlock. Specialize each member and send them to battle in hazardous dystopian environments. Exploit the terrain in tactical gunfights: climb raised walkways to take advantage, set traps, and ambush foes to force them into bloody melee engagements.

Learn new skills, loot equipment and bring your evolved gang to 4-player online gang fights.

• Lead and evolve your gangs in this compelling tactical-RPG
  • Follow a rich narrative campaign in the Underhive
  • Engage in immersive and persistent game modes
  • First video game adaptation from mythical tabletop game Necromunda, the most famous Hive World of Warhammer 40,000
  • Play solo or join thrilling 4-way online gang fights
More information.

Anybody know what they mean by this:
Engage in immersive and persistent game modes

"Timers" killed the fun of Mordheim for me. Hope this lets you play however you want. If yes, it is an instabuy for me.

I want this game to succeed, but my expectations are low. I did like Mordheim, but without being a Warhammer fan, the game would have been average at best.

Fingers crossed hoping these guys can do it right.

Those W40K/Warhammer games keep disappointing over and over and I am still throwing money at them.
Not planning to start an exception for one which has 'Necromunda' in its name though.

I'm having a lot of fun with mediocre WH games like Deathwatch, Space Wolf, Warhammer Quest 1 & 2 and Man o´War.

I loved Mordheim at first, but the fixed amount of rounds destroyed any tactical advances or "completing" of a map. I know they did it to create urgency and force decisions, but I just hate that stuff no matter the game.
If there was a mod to remove the round limit, I would play the crap out of Mordheim.

Edit: Just checked. There are no mods at all for Mordheim. Apparently, GW shoots down all mods for their IP/games and only reluctantly made an exception for Total Warhammer.

Those W40K/Warhammer games keep disappointing over and over and I am still throwing money at them.
Not planning to start an exception for one which has 'Necromunda' in its name though.

I agree that most of these GW games are average at best, though there are some exceptions. The original Dawn of War was quite good, as was the action game Space Marine. I think the original Blood Bowl was an excellent adaptation of the tabletop game, and is probably the best game Cyanide has put out. Of course those are all older games. As far as the newer stuff goes, I think that WH40K Mechanicus is quite good. Its a small scale budget game, but it does what it does well and captures the atmosphere of Warhammer 40k quite well. I also think the base mechanics in Mordheim are very good. It captures the tabletop rules quite well. I do not like how the campaign works though, as it forces you to play a large number of random missions to advance from campaign mission to campaign mission. Also you can become so hampered from losing a few campaign battles, that advancing in the campaign requires rebuilding and grinding through random battles or giving up.

Sure :) I was having a soft poke at those games. I love the universe and I had some fun with many of them. It seems than for each Dawn of War they have to do a Dawn of War 3, a Blood Bowl 2, or any other cheap attempt at grabbing some money.

I will buy this game, and try really really hard to love it.

I love Dawn of War II. It was the closest we ever got to an WH40K RPG, so to say.

Naturally, my fav WH40K game is still Chaos Gate! Still listen to the soundtrack every now and then. Great stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jkpT9CSSg

Oh, yes, I remember that. For the games of that time it was more Horned rat and Final Liberation for me though :)

Anybody know what they mean by this:
Engage in immersive and persistent game modes

"Timers" killed the fun of Mordheim for me. Hope this lets you play however you want. If yes, it is an instabuy for me.

yep killed the game for me too :(

Bumping because some story vid appeared on DSO but I didn't watch it...
Play solo or join thrilling 4-way online gang fights
If there is an edition without mmo, I'm buying. Not gonna pay for mmo.

Bumping because some story vid appeared on DSO but I didn't watch it…

If there is an edition without mmo, I'm buying. Not gonna pay for mmo.

This is not a MMO. Do you mean if they have separate campaigns/maps for singleplayer and multiplayer?

Back
Top Bottom