King's Bounty II - Preview @RPGamer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RPGamer has a preview for King's Bounty II. GameWatcher also had a bit to say about the choices you make and how it effects the quests available.

Between combat, the game plays much like other third-person open-world RPGs, complete with plenty of sidequests, areas to explore, and loot and resources to collect. The game map looks fairly large, and players have access to a horse for quicker travel between areas as well as a number of fast-travel points. Choice will play a large part in many of the game's quests, with players often given multiple ways to proceed, which will result in different outcomes and different opportunities in future. Though the main quest and its conclusion is largely the same, the game encourages multiple playthroughs not only through the choices in sidequests but how the different protagonists play. Some quests even have different potential solutions based on which protagonist is being played.

The area of the game's world that was shown is vibrant, with plenty of areas of interest and a good mixture of thriving plant life, medieval buildings, impressive marble, and more, with lots of hills and vistas overlooking mountains and lakes. The voice acting has a few stilted deliveries, though as many of the story and quest events were skipped it's difficult to fully judge how it will hold up across the game at this stage.

[...]

In a new hands-off press demo, developer 1C Entertainment highlighted one of King's Bounty 2's early starts, which sees the protagonist entering a conspirator's house to investigate an assassination attempt. After dealing with a pack of nasty undead, the protagonist ends up uncovering some helpful evidence.

At this point, the player can choose between handing it over to either the Assassin's Guild or the Captain of the City Guard. This choice changes "a lot of events in the game dramatically," according to 1C Entertainment CEO Nikolay Baryshnikov, making certain quest lines available while stopping you from accessing others during that playthrough.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Is anybody interested in previewing this game for RPGWatch and write something up, so we can publish it as a preview article?
I can get my hands on some keys for those interested.

Oh, I'd love to read a preview from RPGWatch!

I think I would be capable of doing a preview and comparing it to previous 1C king bounty games.

Perhaps, but you are not Dart, so you are fairly new and there is no reasonable way for me to establish if you are.

It's not. Unless he moved away from Denmark and reduced his posting speed by a factor of 30 or so.

Back
Top Bottom