Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup - Page 12 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

December 30th, 2018, 07:05
Darth, off-topic but I might be moving to Poland in the summer of next year. We'll have to meet up and have a beer or two if you're ever in the country. We plan on visiting The Netherlands at some point, but who knows when.
TheRealFluent is offline

TheRealFluent

TheRealFluent's Avatar
H.O.O. Inquisitor

#221

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

December 30th, 2018, 10:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
CDPR is underrated. They're getting slightly less praise than they deserve.

See, projection is easy.
True, not projecting is harder.

Darth Tagnan

Guest

#222

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

December 30th, 2018, 12:13
This unreleased game made me buy a new computer 3 years ago(thinking it will be eventually released), now i bought a ps4 pro having in mind that it will come out in 2019(that and red dead redemption 2) and i'm thinking now that it may come out as ps5 release.
akarthis is offline

akarthis

Sentinel

#223

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: athens
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

December 30th, 2018, 14:27
3 years ago, so was that at the time of the first announcement, or trailer? That really is an early buy.
Cacheperl is offline

Cacheperl

Cacheperl's Avatar
SasqWatch

#224

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,304
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default 

December 30th, 2018, 23:46
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
True, not projecting is harder.
You should try it sometime.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#225

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,787
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2018, 00:03
Originally Posted by akarthis View Post
This unreleased game made me buy a new computer 3 years ago(thinking it will be eventually released), now i bought a ps4 pro having in mind that it will come out in 2019(that and red dead redemption 2) and i'm thinking now that it may come out as ps5 release.
You could have just followed it a little more closely.

Cyberpunk didn't go into production until after CDP had finished the last expansion for TW3 in 2016. I'm not sure why you purchased a new system three years ago for it.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#226

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,787
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2018, 00:16
Yep the game was announced almost seven years ago, but it was just a concept at that time. Though they did spend a lot of money on that famous live action trailer.

Official production didn't begin till late 2013 or early 2014. As already said most staff at that time was finishing the Witcher III expansions, and doing bug testing still.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Last edited by Couchpotato; December 31st, 2018 at 01:06. Reason: Missing a 3
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#227

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,045
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2018, 18:38
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
You should try it sometime.
You say that like you know what you're talking about.

If you learned to let go of your ego and didn't worry so damned much about your image - then you might appreciate that life doesn't crumble because you're occasionally wrong or you're not cool all the time.

Just a suggestion, though.

Darth Tagnan

Guest

#228

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2018, 20:01
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
3 years ago, so was that at the time of the first announcement, or trailer? That really is an early buy.
It was announced 6.5 years ago - several months before Star Citizen

It was in pre-production during Witcher 3 development for a while - but CDPR realised they couldn't make it work because of the scale of W3, so they went back to focus fully on Witcher 3 and then returned to Cyberpunk after its release in 2015.

Darth Tagnan

Guest

#229

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2018, 21:57
Cyberpunk 2077 - HUGE INFO!

loading…

Basically someone talking for 17 minutes about Cyberpunk 2077.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#230

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,045
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2018, 23:29
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
You say that like you know what you're talking about.

If you learned to let go of your ego and didn't worry so damned much about your image - then you might appreciate that life doesn't crumble because you're occasionally wrong or you're not cool all the time.

Just a suggestion, though.
More projection. How cute.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#231

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 30,787
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)

Default 

January 14th, 2019, 15:22
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-…ural-elements/
Speaking with Jeux Act, Cyberpunk 2077 lead cinematic animator Maciej Pietras revealed that all of Cyberpunk 2077 will be created by hand, and none of its elements will be procedurally generated.

The game will allow you to enter many buildings, knowing that everything was done by hand, because we believe that quality comes first through manual creation, nothing is procedural in our world. It is in this that the city of Night City will be vast to go, thanks to this verticality.
I wish procedural generating in videogames dies already. On PC. Do destroy phones with that cheap garbage roguelikety please.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#232

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,344
Mentioned: 217 Post(s)

Default 

January 14th, 2019, 17:13
Procedurally generated content has been here for a long time, almost since forever. The majority of the trees in Oblivion are not hand placed, and they generated an initial land mass to start from. Just wanted to point out the obvious
ilm is offline

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#233

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,486
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

January 14th, 2019, 17:37
And since a few years we don't even have hand placed leaves on trees.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#234

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,069
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

January 15th, 2019, 18:53
Cyberpunk 2077: The release date and more on the studio's next big RPG
The Cyberpunk 2077 remains as frustratingly non-existent as ever, but even though news on the game has cooled down since the flurry of new info that emerged over the summer, there's still plenty of data to sift through. Just to name a few points, there are developers talking about how the people in Cyberpunk 2077 will feel even more real than those in The Witcher 3, not to mention ever more details to extract from that lengthy gameplay demo. And even if it isn't official, we still have some healthy speculation about the Cyberpunk 2077 release date to keep us going until we hear more from CD Projekt Red.
Cyberpunk 2077's Development Didn't Start Until After Hearts of Stone
A recent interview has revealed that CD Projekt Red didn’t begin developing Cyberpunk 2077 in earnest until after the release of The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone.

The interview, which was held between French outlet Jeuxactu and lead cinematic animator Maciej Pietras, went over the early development timeline of the game. Though Cyberpunk 2077 was formally announced in January 2013 through a brief teaser trailer (following a tease of the game in 2012), it wasn’t until after the release of the first Witcher 3 expansion, Hearts of Stone, that work on Cyberpunk 2077 began in earnest. In fact, until The Witcher 3 was finished, it appears full production on Cyberpunk 2077 was pending to an extent.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#235

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,045
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)

Default 

January 23rd, 2019, 22:25
Looks like high profile people are leaving the Cyberpunk 2077 boat.

Kyle Rowley, associate design director, went back to Remedy mid-December.
Sebastian Stepien, the creative/narrative director, moved to Blizzard and the US this January.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#236

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,313
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

January 23rd, 2019, 22:26
Ah, so it's finished. Good, good.

Cacheperl is offline

Cacheperl

Cacheperl's Avatar
SasqWatch

#237

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,304
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default 

January 23rd, 2019, 22:27
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
Ah, so it's finished. Good, good.

Yep nothing unusual here as this always happens in game development. Most of the narrative side usually leave as the writing is finished, seen this before at BioWare.

Update: It cold be something else also. Maybe they left for other various reasons.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Last edited by Couchpotato; January 23rd, 2019 at 22:45.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#238

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,045
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)

Default 

January 23rd, 2019, 22:55
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yep nothing unusual here as this always happens in game development. Most of the narrative side usually leave as the writing is finished, seen this before at BioWare.
The only BioWare creative director who left during development was Mike Laidlaw and DA(4) when straight into design reboot after he left. Casey left after ME3 was released and Anthem was in super early pre-production.

These two are the only ones who left BioWare while being creative directors.

From my experience with following games, creative director leaving equals game was/getting rebooted or cancelled.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#239

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,313
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

January 23rd, 2019, 23:02
Should of said other EA developers sorry not BioWare.

Still my reply stands as I've seen departures before at other studios. This could also have to do with that Twitter nonsense from few months back. Who knows really.

I also remember past articles scrutinizing management for Development & Working Conditions. Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/JimSterling…eak_out_about/
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Armchair Contrarian

#240

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Failed Nation States of America
Posts: 27,045
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:18.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch