Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup - Page 61 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

May 25th, 2021, 23:45
CD PROJEKT Lawsuit Submission Next Month - Gamasutra
The small torrent of lawsuits filed against CD Projekt following the messy launch of Cyberpunk 2077 merged into one single lawsuit last week and, according to CD Projekt, will officially be submitted to the court in less than one month's time.

CD Projekt CEO Piotr Nielubowicz noted as much during a general shareholders meeting today, telling shareholders that many details of the case are still unclear but CD Projekt should have a better idea of the legal stakes once the lawsuit is submitted to the court near the end of June.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)

May 26th, 2021, 00:12
This lawsuit business may be why we haven't gotten anything new 6 months post release.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

May 28th, 2021, 00:30
Cyberpunk 2077 Gets New Game Director - GamesIndustry.biz
Amatangelo joined CD Projekt in January 2020 as a creative director for Cyberpunk.

Prior to the role, he worked as design director on Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, as well as lead designer on various expansions for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

He will be tasked with leading the development of Cyberpunk's future expansions.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 4th, 2021, 05:07
Cyberpunk 2077's next patch will release in a couple of weeks.

Link - https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cyber…uple-of-weeks/
“I don’t want to preannounce things; we are prepared to say that the next patch – not a big one – is coming in the next couple of weeks. It’s almost ready. Of course, we’re working on further patches as well, and to add some color on it – the initial patches focused mostly on low-level technical aspects – though not just that, of course; we were also fixing glitches and bugs – but our focus was on stability, performance and so on. Those were the most important aspects, in our opinion. We subsequently shifted more and more towards improving things. I don’t want to promise anything, of course, but in the future the course of action will be more in the direction of improving things; enhancing the quality further.”ť
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 4th, 2021 at 07:57.

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 6th, 2021, 15:35
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform…ull-see-today/

This was hilarious. Apparently some bug montages made by the devs and leaked during the hack.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

June 6th, 2021, 19:34
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform…ull-see-today/

This was hilarious. Apparently some bug montages made by the devs and leaked during the hack.
Ouch…that's pretty embarrassing.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

June 6th, 2021, 20:08
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Ouch…that's pretty embarrassing.
I wonder if the videos, as they are, have been touched/edited by someone else. It seems interesting that the devs would be so brave/brazen as to make fun of their own product, that hard. I mean, I can see it happening, but the fact that it was stored on internal servers. It’s likely management didn’t know they were there. Of course, this is all if you believe no one from the outside just compiled leaked internal videos and made the compilation, while adding funny music and edits.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

June 6th, 2021, 20:52
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
I wonder if the videos, as they are, have been touched/edited by someone else. It seems interesting that the devs would be so brave/brazen as to make fun of their own product, that hard. I mean, I can see it happening, but the fact that it was stored on internal servers. It’s likely management didn’t know they were there. Of course, this is all if you believe no one from the outside just compiled leaked internal videos and made the compilation, while adding funny music and edits.
Yeah, I had the same thought. Plus a lot of the things in those videos are obviously not random bugs but rather the devs just trying to be funny. Calling it a bug montage is somewhat disingenuous imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 6th, 2021, 22:30
Surprised no one commented about the new game director. It at least shows we will get some type of expansion maybe by the end of next year at best. Crossing my fingers.

Oh and the free DLC which they haven't released yet.

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co…als_cyberpunk/
CDPR's 2021Q1 investor call reveals: Cyberpunk 2077's promised free DLCs will only be "small bonus content"
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 6th, 2021, 23:04
Small bonus content is what I always expected from the FLCs. That's what they were for The Witcher 3. What I didn't expect is not having them 7 months after release…but nothing about the release and the time since has been even close to what I hoped for or expected, so all par for the course.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

June 6th, 2021, 23:48
I expected them to be small but yeah seven months after release and they haven't released anything. I wonder if their waiting to get back on the Sony store?

Maybe they plan on re-releasing the game on consoles with the DLC's? Fun fact they sell more copies of every game on the PC according to the last earning report.

So yeah I agree nothing about this game was what I hoped for.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 7th, 2021 at 00:43.

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 7th, 2021, 00:23
I think their priorities are in the right place now. It wouldn't really make sense to be releasing DLC until the game is in better shape. I'd rather they continue to work on making it a better game anyways. There's already more than enough content there.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 10th, 2021, 09:05
It's cut content that was ready for release already. Just like Witcher III. If you check the link above they are working on expansions already as well. So it's not just patching.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 10th, 2021, 09:13
Investor Wants Heads to Roll After $6.2 Billion Cyberpunk Fiasco

Link - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic…berpunk-fiasco
An activist investor in CD Projekt SA wants to oust the top executives of Poland’s largest gaming studio for the botched release of the Cyberpunk 2077 title that wiped out more than half of the company’s value.

U.K.-based Abri Advisors, which didn’t specify how big a stake it holds in CD Projekt, wrote to the studio’s board expressing “utter dismay and disbelief with developments at the company over the last 12 months” on behalf of all shareholders.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 10th, 2021, 09:48
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Investor Wants Heads to Roll After $6.2 Billion Cyberpunk Fiasco

Link - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic…berpunk-fiasco
I'd be for that, but it's likely they'd be replaced with even greater piranhas that will have no emotional attachment to the company. Fuck capitalism!

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

June 10th, 2021, 09:50
Meh heads have rolled already. Just the wrong ones.

But hey every exec needs a scapegoat and it's never their fault.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 10th, 2021, 10:04
Anyone foolish enough to invest heavily in something as risky as a game developer has no business calling for heads to roll. It sounds like a massive case of butthurt to me.

CDPR's stock is only slightly higher than its 52 week low right now. I might actually buy a few shares.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

June 10th, 2021, 11:02
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
But hey every exec needs a scapegoat and it's never their fault.
And 5 execs, likely the very same people who made the decision to push it out early, split bonuses of around 25 million dollars, while the other 25 million (or around that number) in bonuses was split between 875 or so other employees. That sounds reasonable and fair, don't it? What's not to love about the way things are setup in this system. Good thing it's a meritocracy, where people that make bad decisions don't fail upwards.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

June 10th, 2021, 21:27
hmm, I should probably buy shares just to support them, Cyberpunk is such a great game, just as long as you don't play it on consoles… I can understand people are upset about that, they should never tried to release it to current-gen consoles……

Maybe a PC exclusive release and one year later to next-gen consoles with all the added goodies ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

June 10th, 2021, 21:34
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
hmm, I should probably buy shares just to support them, Cyberpunk is such a great game, just as long as you don't play it on consoles… I can understand people are upset about that, they should never tried to release it to current-gen consoles….
Buying shares now doesn't really support the company. They got their money when the shares were first issued. Now, you would just be buying them from another shareholder who's selling them.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup