Starfield trailer

Starfield E3 2021 trailer was entirely in-game -
Depends what they call "in-game". I doubt those are "in-game" camera angles and movements. Since they should already have the map design tools, for all we know they could have decided to create a very detailed setup for the trailer, capturing each rendered frame and assembling them into a real-time reel.

It's still just a trailer, not gameplay footage. Remember how the AI was going to blow us away in Skyrim? With "in-game" gameplay showcasing NPC AI at work?

Sorry but until I see actual gameplay reviewed by other people after release, it's only marketing to me. Which means very low credibility. At best, it's the setting and the atmosphere they want to convey around the game.

The biggest thing I want from NPC's is memory. I want them to remember all your past interactions and speak/act based on the earlier interactions. If you meet AlienZ six months later on a different planet, I want it to mention and remember things from your original meeting and also things that were going on during that time and place.

I don't want somebody that is a political boot kisser to not be aware that I'm Thane of the city. I also don't want to hear the same 6 lines of dialog from each person. That's the challenge; at least in my mind.

The biggest thing I want from NPC's is memory. I want them to remember all your past interactions and speak/act based on the earlier interactions. If you meet AlienZ six months later on a different planet, I want it to mention and remember things from your original meeting and also things that were going on during that time and place.

I don't want somebody that is a political boot kisser to not be aware that I'm Thane of the city. I also don't want to hear the same 6 lines of dialog from each person. That's the challenge; at least in my mind.

Whoa...slow down. After all, we're talking about Bethesda here. ;)

If you meet AlienZ six months later on a different planet, I want it to mention and remember things from your original meeting and also things that were going on during that time and place.
AlienZ has better memory than I do. ;)

AlienZ is roughly elephant-based :)

Whoa…slow down. After all, we're talking about Bethesda here. ;)

You know it's funny but Todd Howard reminds me of a Piranha Bytes character rather than a Bethesda one. Remember Mud? Annoying dude you just can't get rid of and is ever present.

You know it's funny but Todd Howard reminds me of a Piranha Bytes character rather than a Bethesda one. Remember Mud? Annoying dude you just can't get rid of and is ever present.

https://gothic.fandom.com/wiki/Mud

"Very importunate and annoying. He feels lonely, so he tries to find a new friend. When he meets a new person in the camp, he follows him, and even when he hears "No", he takes it as "Yes". He hates people from the new camp, and wants to take his revenge on them for bullying him. He's also very ambitions; he wants to take over the Old Camp. He might be a zoophile(he likes animals way too much)."

Aha! Thanks for the verification, @SpoonFULL; :D Same exact dude!

Back
Top Bottom