Fallout: New Vegas - Next DLC Dates?

Already debunked by Bethesda. Aside from the simultaneous release on all platforms, that one has been officially announced a while ago.

I guess it'll be region locked again, "simultaneous release" my ass. Some parts of the EU (Poland, Hungary) didn't even get Dead Money yet.

I guess it'll be region locked again, "simultaneous release" my ass. Some parts of the EU (Poland, Hungary) didn't even get Dead Money yet.

Shoe on the other foot. Here one is unable to get all of the Mafia II DLC. But in Eastern Europe there was a Special Extended Edition of Mafia II that included all DLC and also the DLC that was a PS3 exclusive here.

So I tried to be smart and bought it from the Polish equivalant of Amazon.com. Turns out I can't install it because those things are region locked in Steam.

"Free movement of people, goods, services, and capital" my ass. The new barriers in Europe are those created by companies who based on licenses will not offer their service in this or that part of Europe.

"Free movement of people, goods, services, and capital" my ass. The new barriers in Europe are those created by companies who based on licenses will not offer their service in this or that part of Europe.

I wonder whether various regional restrictions could be taken to court. The union can be rather serious about this stuff after all.

There is a pending case on TV sports rights. Do any of our resident legalese interpreters know if a similar case could be argued for digital distribution of games? One of the EU advocate generals argues that "Territorial exclusivity agreements relating to transmission of football matches are contrary to European Union law" in the footy case…

It's a product. The publisher can choose when to sell it, if at all. From my common sense perspective, which is not always the legal perspective.

Back
Top Bottom