C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19

Cyberpunk 2077
Well damn, I already confirmed free weeks in Sept.
Luckily I have some more days to pick on later dates so… It's okay with me.

The only question that remains is if the content is or isn't bigger than a month of playthrough because goty vote. ;)

Winter is coming (and it could be a long and tedious one). This might see me through a lockdown Christmas...

In the meantime….
gotta read some William Gibson novels, gotta play CloudPunk and gotta replay Blade Runner…

… BY THEN, honey, I'll be in the mood to bang thru the Winter nights with you! ;)

This game is never fucking coming out. So frustrated. :(

On the (semi) bright side, I'm definitely getting Wasteland 3 at launch now. I'll have plenty of time to play it.

I do generally have more time in late November than I do in mid September, so I guess I'll cling to that. It's just... ugh. I'm so tired of waiting for this.

Not surprising, i could see it slipping in to 2021 if we have another corona flare up.

Fortunately I have plenty of games so no worries.

God dammit not again. What the hell is up with these delays.:(

Last time it was due to the new consoles. Whats the reason now? They say it's basically done. Just like leaks said it was finished for it's last delayed March date as well.

Not surprising, i could see it slipping in to 2021 if we have another corona flare up.

Seeing this now, I hardly doubt that. Wasteland 3, here I go :)

Personally I'm starting to think this game is gonna be a huge mess.:-/

Fingers crossed I'm wrong as it's been almost 8 years already.:fingerscrossed:

Personally I'm starting to think this game is gonna be a huge mess.:-/

I've seen this said several times, and while my frustration and even anger is significant, I don't see these delays in any way indicating that the game will be bad. It's not like a movie that has script rewrites and re-shoots. When that happens, it means the actual content of the movie isn't working, or that there are disagreements internally about what the movie should be. I believe them when they say that the content of Cyberpunk 2077 is finalized. I have to assume that the delays are to ensure that the game won't be a big mess, in the context of bugs, inconsistent frame rates, and the like.

During these dark days, it's useful to remind ourselves that Witcher 3 had very similar delays; first, a multiple month delay from 2014 to February 2015, and then another pushing it to May 2015. Then it came out and was awesome. It's painful to wait, but I still have complete faith that it will be worth waiting for.

From what I read they've had serious crunch during Witcher 3, but that didn't seem to affect the quality of the game. It was fenomenal. But I wonder how long they can keep that going. I'm sure they lost good people, which probably affected development. I'm sure that if we'd know what goes on inside those walls, it wouldn't be pretty. I just hope they can manage to get it properly out the door, without loosing too many people.

But I have a feeling that lighting won't strike twice, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be nowhere near as good as Witcher 3. Just a feeling. I'd be glad to be wrong.

When a game that's had over eight years of development can't get released without multiple delays there is a problem, and I'm understating it cause my writing sucks.

If it was a movie it would probably be a billion over budget by now, and cancelled, or re-shot. Anyway sorry to say all I see every-time is more excuses and apologists.

Last edited:
From what I read they've had serious crunch during Witcher 3, but that didn't seem to affect the quality of the game. It was fenomenal. But I wonder how long they can keep that going. I'm sure they lost good people, which probably affected development. I'm sure that if we'd know what goes on inside those walls, it wouldn't be pretty. I just hope they can manage to get it properly out the door, without loosing too many people.

But I have a feeling that lighting won't strike twice, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be nowhere near as good as Witcher 3. Just a feeling. I'd be glad to be wrong.
Yep there lies the problem errors in production and cant meet the deadline.

If it was was a movie it would probably be a billion over budget by now, and cancelled, or re-shot.
Luckily for us, this is not a Hollywood or chinese movie to suffer from such fate(s). :p
But I have a feeling that lighting won't strike twice, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be nowhere near as good as Witcher 3.
But of course it won't be as good.
It'll be better!

Luckily for us, this is not a Hollywood or chinese movie to suffer from such fate(s). :p
I'll give you a +1 just for the joke. That's all.;)
But of course it won't be as good.
It'll be better!
50/50 as the odds are never in favor of a success twice.:p

God dammit not again. What the hell is up with these delays.:(

Last time it was due to the new consoles. Whats the reason now? They say it's basically done. Just like leaks said it was finished for it's last delayed March date as well.

PS5 release date November 20th.

My guess is the delay is still the new consoles.

PS5 release date November 20th.

My guess is the delay is still the new consoles.
Yeah forgot about that thanks for reminding me.

Damn you consoles.:shakefist:

Anyway like others said I still have Wasteland III at least.

(It better not be delayed also.)

Back
Top Bottom