Metal Gear Solid on GoG

Weren't MGS and MGS2 supposed to be remade and not just ported?

These are actually the original PC releases that were a pain to run on modern systems (still clunky unless you use a controller).

MGS 1&2 might be, but that's definitely the NES version of Metal Gear 1. *Edit* It might also be a port of the MSX version, but there's not much difference, and it would still be emulated.

Last edited:
Thread necro time. I just saw this on steam.

Looks like ports of Metal Gear Solid 1-3 plus some extras. The price seems kind of high though.

I never played any of the MGS games, and was always a bit intrigued. Though some of the footage does seem questionable. And knowing about the creator's propensity towards the weird and self-indulgent kind of intrigues me, but also worries me.

Anyway, the rumor apparently is that MGS4 could also be coming in a Vol. 2 of this collection. I'll be keeping an eye out for that tool.

Anyway, the rumor apparently is that MGS4 could also be coming in a Vol. 2 of this collection. I'll be keeping an eye out for that tool.
I saw that. They're saying MGS4, Peace Walker, and MGS5.

This Volume 1 collection looks like it's just straight ports though with no enhancements at all. If that's the case, I don't see the point. Those games are going to look pretty bad on a modern high-res monitor. Plus you can easily emulate them for free.

Thread necro time. I just saw this on steam.

Looks like ports of Metal Gear Solid 1-3 plus some extras. The price seems kind of high though.
Too expensive and don't support keyboard and mouse.

Yikes. Not sure if I'd enjoy these as much as I did back in the day, and I'd certainly not purchase anything that wouldn't support keyboards and mice.

That sucks similar to the Yakuza games and not surprising. Some publishers just don't want to spend money or time developing proper keyboard and mouse controls.

Oh well money saved.

Also I won't be the usual jackass who posts why don't you have a controller?:biggrin:

Last edited:
Are those very similar? I've never played a Splinter Cell game, but aren't you controlling a squad is those?
In the original Splinter Cell games, you only control a single person and they focus on stealth (similar if not more detailed than the metal gear games). Its the Rainbow Six series where you control a squad (and they are also excellent).

That sucks similar to the Yakuza games and not surprising.
Yakuza works OK with mouse/keyboard. Sometimes it's better (when navigating the world), sometimes the controller is better (when the fighting-game stuff starts).

Yakuza works OK with mouse/keyboard. Sometimes it's better (when navigating the world), sometimes the controller is better (when the fighting-game stuff starts).
Yes Sega at least added minimal mouse/keyboard support so kudos to them. Yet it publicly states on Steam a controller is preferred to play those games.

Joxer had a thread about how the keyboard was wonky with the dance mini game.

Console ports are almost always going to work better with a gamepad because that's what they were designed around.

Back
Top Bottom