Christmas

Thank you. Merry Christmas! :)

Merry Christmas! :)

Lies! Christmas is in two weeks! Burn the heretics! ;P

In all seriousness, Merry Christmas to all our Catholic forum visitors (likely everyone minus 2-3 people :p).

I am definitely NOT Catholic!!

Yes I'm a pagan agnostic worshipper of the gaming gods myself.

enodenroH--I was just teasing about "A Christmas Carol", even though watching the 1934 version is part of my holiday ritual each year. It's like a time machine, first going back to Christmas in Victorian England, then to that perception of Christmas in the 1930's. I even manage to choke down that treacly line of Tiny Tim's( "God bless us every one.")because the transmission of the message across the decades is what matters.

Hope everyone enjoyed their own holiday traditions. :)

And whom would these people be? :)

I think there's also another form of Christianity besides the Catholic and Protestant Churches (not counting any subforms) called the orthodox -> Their Patriarch lives in Turkey -> The pope recentely visited him over there.

Bartacus' words ring true.

Except the Constatinople Patriarch isn't actually my patriarch (though he is "first among equals"), but yeah. In any case, since the church uses the Julian calendar, our Christmas falls on January 7th. In a hundread years it will fall on January 8th. :)

EDIT: On this particular forum, well, myself. Also, hwfanatic is from Serbia, so I assume he is Orthodox too. And I gave a bit of leeway for another person, if there's one to step forward. :p

I think there's also another form of Christianity besides the Catholic and Protestant Churches (not counting any subforms) called the orthodox -> Their Patriarch lives in Turkey -> The pope recentely visited him over there.

The Russians got one of their own some time after the Turks took Constantinople. Not sure if there are any others.

Back
Top Bottom