Gothic 3 Silent hunter skill

lanux128

Sentinel
i was in the midst of upgrading my hunting skill when i noticed that there is this ability to sneak up on wild animals. is that a worthwhile skill to spend LPs on it? and how do you sneak up on animals, is it the same as sneaking into a NPC's house to steal?

maybe this skill was meant for the 'Shy Deer' quest..

It doesn't give you much of an advantage. I thnk you can get up a little closer, but I hardly would say that this is worthwhile. From the moment you hit an animal, they will either run off or attack you.

thanks Bartacus for clarifying, i was having the same thoughts too..

With silent hunter skill you can sneak past sleeping animals without them noticing...or sneak close to them and strike them while they are sleeping.

With silent hunter skill you can sneak past sleeping animals without them noticing...or sneak close to them and strike them while they are sleeping.

Dez, I always run up to sleeping scavenger. Before they can get up, I already whacked them down. I still don't see an advantage of this skill.

yeah it has mostly a novel value, but I found it usefull couple of times. First time when I had to find an artifact to the shamans from the large ruins near Silden. There were five shadowbeasts sleeping in those ruins.. I knew I had no chance to win them in open combat so I sneaked past them and grabbed the artifact without any of them noticing! Ten levels later I came back and then I wasn't sneaking anymore :)

Second time I found it usefull in nordmar. Its just easier to sneak past sleeping rhinos for a bowman than butcher the whole herd everytime. But like said..its not very usefull skill. :)

sounds interesting.. maybe later when i have a lot of LPs to spare then i'll invest some on this skill..

Back
Top Bottom