Enderal - Patch 1.1.3.3 EN is out

I play the 1.1.3.3 German version - it's pretty stable.

I play the english version, 59 hours in (I like exploring ^_^) had 1 crash and found one place of missing textures, and some minor things still in German.
So I wold say is more stable then other payed games :))

Attachments

• 20160906191747_1.jpg
    20160906191747_1.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 69
Thanks Strafe I am trying to wait for one or 2 more patches but it is getting hard to not download it. Exploring and character customization are my favorite features of crpg's.

I'll have to look at the latest patch notes, but even with the last patch the game was pretty stable and playable.
Although, there is an annoying bug atm. It is connected to the talent Ghostwalk. Once you get a multiclass (like Infiltrator + Blade Dancer = Assassin) and use this talent your Sneak skill goes up permanently with each use. Makes the game too easy... Hope they fixed it.
Otherwise, I love it so far!

It says you need a Geforce 9800 GTX or equivalent to play. I have a GeForce GTX 780. I guess I will have to update my video card. Kinda surprising since I could play Witcher 3 fine.

It says you need a Geforce 9800 GTX or equivalent to play. I have a GeForce GTX 780. I guess I will have to update my video card. Kinda surprising since I could play Witcher 3 fine.

A Geforce 9800 GTX is from 2008!

A GTX 780 is from 2013 and performs much better - good enough for Skyrim.

Cool thanks I thought something was fishy there. It also had a little minus by my video card when I tried to install it. Is running fine though.

Last edited:
I'll have to look at the latest patch notes, but even with the last patch the game was pretty stable and playable.

I am still at about 1 crash per 2 hours of gameplay average. Most of the time about 5 seconds after you entered a new zone like one of the city districts, but also happens completely randomly.

So what's the consensus here? Is it the best story/quest mod for Skyrim? Think Helgen Reborn was there, last I played.

Helgen Reborn is pretty good, though the voice acting is horrible outside of the two main quest givers. All of the rest tried to change their natural voice too much. That is the biggest problem with amateur voice actors.

Falskaar is probably the best I've played; at least of the ones that take you to new cells.

I have hope that Enderal will replace it.

Helgen Reborn looks like it sits within original Skyrim, no? I believe Enderal is more of a total conversion - same engine and assets, but totally different game world, story, characters, etc.

So far I am loving it and have not had any crashes in 6 hours of play. I am only lvl 3 and have not picked a class yet or been to a town. Just exploring around starting area. Not even sure how you pick a class yet. Just says I am an adventurer.

Haven't played any other Skyrim Total Conversions and didn't even know there were any. ^^

The voice acting in Enderal is top notch though. Just watched the English Introduction and I would say that the German one is even better though as it feels extremely "natural" in comparison to most other games.

@Hastar: it's actually a mechanic which is rather badly explained in the game.
But to keep it short and simplified: The first two trees you max out form a class IF there is a class for this combination (there are around 5 or 6). And which classes exist you can learn from books. A "class" then gives you a small additional bonus.
It's a nice to have, but no big deal.

@Kordanor-He didn't ask if it was the best total conversion though, did he? He asked if it was the best story/quest mod and I'd say the consensus is still out.

It isn't getting talked about nearly as much as Falskaar did. Germans seem to like it and the rest of the world isn't convinced; at least from what I'm reading. Buggy, unclear rules, poor art direction, lag, etc.

All that said, you and I often have similar tastes in games, so I plan on playing it after they stop updating it.

@Kordanor-He didn't ask if it was the best total conversion though, did he? He asked if it was the best story/quest mod and I'd say the consensus is still out.
Ah, your right. But in that case I'd say that you cannot really compare it. ^^

It isn't getting talked about nearly as much as Falskaar did. Germans seem to like it and the rest of the world isn't convinced; at least from what I'm reading. Buggy, unclear rules, lag, etc.

Maybe we Germans are just more bug-tolerant with our Gothic history. ;)

Well, I am not. :p
But I'd say that the stellar german voice acting just gives an incredible first impression.
First few minutes of the game (spoiler)
2 Minutes onward

Translation could be where it fails again. Nehrim was enjoyed much more by native German speakers than the translated English version. One hopes that they learned their lesson and got native English speakers to do the voice overs and writing. I have no idea whether that happened. I started to download Enderal and ended up in Skyrim for another couple hundred hours.

Back
Top Bottom