Tokyo RPG Factory - Announce ONINAKI

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Action RPG ONINAKI has been announced for Switch, PS4 and PC.

Players assume the role of a Watcher named Kagachi, doing battle by "manifesting" the souls of Daemons, which act as the classes found in traditional roleplaying games.

Each Daemon has its own unique weapons and skills, and players can shift between them in real time to gain the upper hand in battle. Moving between the Living World and the realm of the dead known as the Beyond, Kagachi must save the souls of the Lost, as the story of life and reincarnation in this wondrous kingdom unfolds.

ONINAKI is coming to Nintendo Switch this summer.
More information.

Tokyo RPG Factory… set up to create tradition, turn based JRPGs. Two games in, and they're on to Action RPG drivel :(

Maybe it will be OK, with good mechanics, but it doesn't sound promising.

What were the two turn based games they put out for the computer, Lost Spear and Setsuna ? This new one doesn't look like something I'd be interested in at all, but I'll check out what friends think of it upon release.

Tokyo RPG Factory… set up to create tradition, turn based JRPGs. Two games in, and they're on to Action RPG drivel :(

Maybe it will be OK, with good mechanics, but it doesn't sound promising.
Well, Square has a tradition in great old school Action JRPGs like the Mana series too, if that's what this tries to convey in a more modern manner like their turn based games tried to do for their turn based legacy it could be good. It looks pretty decent in the video except for the dialogue windows which I don't like the presentation of in this engine.

Back
Top Bottom