The Great Gaias - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Adventure RPG The Great Gaias is now available on Steam:

The Great Gaias

Having evolved from the Dungeons and Dragons table and refined for over a decade, The Great Gaias is a story-driven RPG that tells a compelling tale adapted from an original campaign setting and reimagined as the beloved classic genre.

Story:

A mysterious contract from the royal family sparks the interest of an organized band of sellswords. What seems like a normal job quickly spirals into a whirlwind of betrayal and tragedy, thrusting a young rogue and his unlikely companions into the middle of an ancient prophecy.

Rumors of long forgotten creatures, lost magic and a cult devoted to a dark god signify the coming of a new age. With petty feuds and corrupted politicians dividing the unity of the great nations, a blind eye is turned to the true evil about to descend upon the land.

Features:

• 60+ Hour Main Storyline
  • 17 Playable Characters
  • 200 abilities to learn
  • Hundreds of unique enemies
  • In Depth Crafting System
  • Build Your Own City
  • A Multitude of Hidden Bosses
  • Challenging Dungeons
  • Multiple Endings
More information.

At least there's RPGmaker tag now on steam to be used in "yea" or "nay" filters, depends on a person.

At least there's RPGmaker tag now on steam to be used in "yea" or "nay" filters, depends on a person.

I agree, though a lot of RPGmaker games on Steam don't have the tag.

Looks interesting, but it's still an RPG Maker game costing 60 bucks in my currency, a big "no" for now.

Yeah, I typically pass on RPGmaker games anyway, but one that pricey is definitely getting passed over.

It was better when it was just a freeware hobby for enthusiasts on select websites. All that changed when Enterbrain allowed every amateur to sell RPGMaker games.

To be fair, it looks better than your typical RPG Maker shovelware...

Yeah something I might grab on a sale at some point, and no need now since I've got quite a few new games to play. Still, might toss it on the ye olde wish list just for tracking purposes.

To be fair, it looks better than your typical RPG Maker shovelware…
Never said this game wasn't as I played a few gems bought off steam.
Looks interesting, but it's still an RPG Maker game costing 60 bucks in my currency, a big "no" for now.
At least most of them are $5 are less.

Anyway a little off-topic it's a shame you can't find some the older free games off the internet anymore. As most sites went off-line or erased the files on relaunching.

No, not at all, I've played a few rpg maker games that are worth playing, but the majority tend to be quite average. The price point for this one also seems a bit high, but maybe it has lots of content to warrant the extra price. If it's decent and like over thirty hours at least, I'll probably grab it eventually.

I've also played some good ones. Atonement, City of Chains, Last Wish, and Aura Fell range from good to quite good. Atonement, City of Chains, and Aura Fell especially shows what one can do with the engine. And though it doesn't have the complexity of coding or original art work, Last Wish is a huge game with well designed areas. All of these games are significantly cheaper than the Great Gaias though.

I'm one of the developers on The Great Gaias and if there are any questions feel free to ask me.
While I know it may seem our price point is a bit high, I can assure you that we offer more than enough content. We recently received enough reviews to get a positive rating on Steam and you can see from what people are saying that The Great Gaias isn't just your average rpg maker game.

I appreciate the news post about us!

I'm one of the developers on The Great Gaias and if there are any questions feel free to ask me.
While I know it may seem our price point is a bit high, I can assure you that we offer more than enough content. We recently received enough reviews to get a positive rating on Steam and you can see from what people are saying that The Great Gaias isn't just your average rpg maker game.

I appreciate the news post about us!

I'm in the last chapter of this epic RPG - 100 hours and counting - recommended!

There's a demo which you can try too if you want a feel for the game. It convinced me to give it a try, partially because I was just feeling deprived of classic turn based RPG action. Though I think it was the story that drew me in more than the mechanics (which are serviceable but nothing special).

And for that record, that game The Red Hand of Doom, aka later stolen and rebranded as the Caves of Sorrow scam, actually was an RPGMaker game that completely redid the engine. It had live, grid-based, turn-based combat and a slew of options that rivaled or even surpassed (yes, surpassed) the options in Temple of Elemental Evil or D&D Tactics. Yes, you read that right, surpassing those games in the turn-based options elements of D&D. It was glorious (at least, The Red Hand of Doom was. It was a free RPGMaker project that eventually just disappeared from existence. Showed great promise, though.)

Back
Top Bottom