What games are you playing now?

You're playing solo? I was under the impression that The Division didn't have much of a single player campaign.

I might have to check it out.

The singleplayer campaign can be entirely solo'ed - though the game isn't what I would consider a pushover. It requires a measure of skill for most of what you're going to be doing. In the spirit of Tom Clancy - it's very much a tactical shooter and there's really no such thing as going Rambo when facing the appropriate challenge level.

Almost all content can be solo'ed - though you'd need to have exceptionally good gear for some of the hardest content, and something like Incursions (sort of like MMO raids) aren't really designed for solo play. That said, I hear some people are doing them alone.

But it's fully possible to experience the meat of the game alone.

Also played a few hours of Vaporum. It's really an exceptional dungeon crawler - and it has excellent progression.

Tons of gear, weapons, gadgets (sort of like magic) and so on. For a crawler, it also has a relatively elaborate skill system with some hard choices and great sensation of power growth.

I'm playing on Hard (the one before the hardest) - and it's NOT easy. Very appropriate.

It has audio logs and everything. It's better than Grimrock and about on par with Grimrock 2.

But you really have to enjoy the dark steampunk atmosphere. It's a little too oppressive for my tastes, but I have to admit it's expertly crafted.

I found Vaporum to be quite good, I need to get back to it at some time. I think I got to the eighth floor before I took a break. I've not touched a game in over a week, but when I do it will be to get back with Trails of Cold Steel.

I found Vaporum to be quite good, I need to get back to it at some time. I think I got to the eighth floor before I took a break. I've not touched a game in over a week, but when I do it will be to get back with Trails of Cold Steel.

It's refreshing in that your personal skill matters a LOT in combat - as does smart character upgrade choices.

Don't know if the game is balanced throughout - but I found it old-school in just the right way.

This week it's been Tomb Raider Anniversary and Gal Civ II. For old games both look pretty nice at 2K on a 32" monitor.

More like Eye of the Beholder then.

Well, EotB also had a party ;)

But, yes, it's a classic grid-based dungeon crawler with real-time combat.

It's just exceptionally well crafted for an indie game. It looks and feels great - and the mechanics are meaningful and relatively deep for the genre.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is that it seems a bit too combat oriented - and I think the setting is too dark and oppressive. It has a Bioshockian vibe - only darker and less compelling.

Lots of secrets and stuff to find, though.

I found the dark and scary atmosphere to be part of Vaporum's considerable charms. The lack of light had me rechecking corridors more than once to locate switches and other concealed things.

I was lucky enough to get The Walking Dead season one from the RPG watch Christmas "raffle", so I gave that a go. And wow, mighty impressed! I didn't expect the game to be as good as it is, at least in my brief playing time so far. Very cool story and voice acting and I actually like the comic book art-like graphics, which I wasn't sure I would, just from looking at screen shots. The dialogue choices are interesting, and the exploration aspect so far seems very fun to me. This game is a very pleasant surprise.

Playing Hard West…I love the setting and the narrative. But the actual tactical combat irritates me, with enemies regularly able to see you from 100 yards, through a sliver of window etc. The scenarios are all carefully staged (so no filler), but the are other annoyances like not being able to backstab someone to keep them from raising the alarm: the only way to kill someone is to shoot your *very* noisy weapon, which alerts everyone on the map. That is very contrived. The actual combat is mostly fun, but constraints like those listed above limit my enjoyment.

Currently playing
Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs
while traveling. Not sure I like it but it has a very annoying save system - one in which the game loves to crash after a few hours while not allowing you to save.

Getting ganked in the Dark Zone is a strange combination of masochistic pleasure and rage ;)

I should probably get properly geared before I go there again.

I adore the concept, though. Most compelling PvP/PvE combo of any game I've played, I think.

Currently playing:
Rust - Wipe was yesterday so the hype train started back up.
Company of Heroes 2 - Just got it on the steam sale and been playing it to death with friends, such a fun game.
League of legends - Im a support main :)

Currently playing:
Rust - Wipe was yesterday so the hype train started back up.
Company of Heroes 2 - Just got it on the steam sale and been playing it to death with friends, such a fun game.
League of legends - Im a support main :)
What rank are you in?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Still playing Trails of Cold Steel, or at least I will on Monday. I'm around thirty hours in and enjoying it, except for some of the scenes which seem to run a bit on the long side. The combat, however, makes it totally worth the wait, trying out new team members and such is keeping me busy.

Just started Dungeon Siege I. Took me a little while to get it working, but playing smoothly now.

Back
Top Bottom