Empire of Ember - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TheGG announce that Empire of Ember will be coming to Steam Early Access this March 31st.

The US-based indie games publisher developer Poleaxe Games, are today very proud and excited to announce that their first-person ARPG "Empire of Ember" is coming to PC via Steam Early Access on March 31st, 2021 (there will be a launch week discount for early adopters of the game!).

Empire of Ember is fully playable, with the opportunity to play through dungeons, overland combat, siege combat, and certain major campaign missions. Empire of Ember intends to stay in Steam early access until the summer, with developer Poleaxe Games utilizing community and player feedback to further hone the game before its full launch later in 2021."We can complete all current features in about three months with an additional three months of balancing and testing. However, it's important to us to hear from the community and incorporate that feedback into the game. We'd rather take extra time to make sure the whole experience is as fun as possible. Community feedback will help us determine what to prioritize." Said Kevin Jenkins, CEO of Poleaxe Games.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Hmm..sounds like a strategy game with RPG elements instead of a first-person ARPG.
Enter a world of steel, war, and magic to avenge the murder of your wizard master. Recruit and lead your army in hundred-unit clashes. Design, defend, and lay siege to fully destructible cities. Loot procedurally generated dungeons. Hold court and pronounce judgment on your subjects. The fate of an empire is in your hands.

"Procedural dungeons" = I'm out.

Weird it's another developer though. Thanks for the link. Anyway the first Ember was a classic RPG this looks like I said in my post above like a Hybrid of various genres.

Interesting game. Just watched the Steam video and it's clearly a hybrid. It's a very ambitious game but if they manage to do it right, it could give something pretty awesome and fairly unique.

As others have stated, the previous Ember was a decent game, with a classic looks and appeal. Sadly, I don't see much of those qualities in this one.

Interesting game. Just watched the Steam video and it's clearly a hybrid. It's a very ambitious game but if they manage to do it right, it could give something pretty awesome and fairly unique.
Not Unique actually. Examples being the Spellforce games and Legends of Ellaria.

Not Unique actually. Examples being the Spellforce games and Legends of Ellaria.

Pretty different from Spellforce but yes, more similar to Ellaria, which is still early access after 4 years and very average… but yes, Empire of Ember isn't totally unique, I agree. It got some similarities with Mount & Blades, but with magic, classic fantasy theme, destructible cities you can build, and likely not as much kingdom management.

Now if they can get Empire of Ember right, that would be something.

Oh there are more examples and I even remember an older D&D game. As for Spellforce there are some similarities as you build and recruit armies in this game as well.

Looks like it will also toggle between perspectives like Spellfoce as well.

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the RPG Ember. I think it just takes place in a world that happens to be called Ember.

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the RPG Ember. I think it just takes place in a world that happens to be called Ember.

They are set in the same universe, read my post above.

Also, from the "Empire of Ember" dev, when I questioned the games' relation:

SilentButDeadly [developer] 9 hours ago :
Yes, glad you noticed. When I started this game 4 years ago I reached out to nFusion, the developer of Ember, to license their assets and build upon the world they created. You may recognize the monsters, the music, some of the sound effects, and even a few of the models. We took certain elements from the lore as well, but it's an all new story from Patrick Kevin Day, one of the former lead writers from Telltale games.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/980640/discussions/4/3101264555070538234/#c3101264555073178947

They are set in the same universe, read my post above.

I did. There's nothing there that indicates it's the same world. Your second post clarifies things.

I'm skeptical though. I didn't think Ember was very good to begin with, and this new developer doesn't seem to have much experience.

I did. There's nothing there that indicates it's the same world. Your second post clarifies things.

Did you really? It's literally written in colossal words the game is set in the same world as Ember...

But anyways, don't know about you guys but watching the video I couldn't really notice any similarities even after setting aside the FP view, having played Ember start to finish and going for every achievement and all.

Did you really? It's literally written in colossal words the game is set in the same world as Ember…¦

But anyways, don't know about you guys but watching the video I couldn't really notice any similarities even after setting aside the FP view, having played Ember start to finish and going for every achievement and all.

Yes, really. It says "set in the world of Ember", but makes no mention of anything else. All that told me was that it was set in a world called Ember, so the first thing I did was look at the developer. The fact that it's a different developer had me thinking the name was a coincidence.

Poleaxe Games here

Hi guys, thanks for your interest in Empire of Ember. I started the company 4 years ago by myself, and self-funded. I licensed Ember to get access to their lore, monsters, music, story, and so on. The music from the original game is very good and remains in Empire of Ember, as well as some of the monster models. It is still retains the theme of Ember shards, but has a new story written by Patrick Kevin Day, a former lead writer for Telltale games.

Agreed it's an ambitious project, which is why it's taken 4 years. It does some things you would not get with a publisher funded project, such as fully destructible cities that you build yourself.

I'm entering early access March 31st https://store.steampowered.com/app/980640/Empire_of_Ember/

If you have question about the game, please feel free to drop by the discord channel https://discord.gg/Gau8YxYE . Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom