WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Thanks Purple! Lol well guess I should not be surprised. If they ever released a game I would stay well clear of it.

What was the last thing you did before this?
You are supposed to be attacked by balor BEFORE you go to abyss city, not after you return from it.

???

I was attacked by balor twice - once before going into the threshold tower, then again while I was escaping the collapsing tower (this is when my B team i.e. companions I left behind) gets attacked - which is SUPER annoying because the encounter is brutal

I didn't have issue with Galfrey at all, maybe because I was an Angel mythic?

If you go for the ML with an animal companion does the animal level up to 40 with you? Would you have to pick a second class that also has an animal? or would the animal still be viable at 20?

I could do ranger/druid or ranger/sacred huntsman/rogue (4 levels or so) I was thinking.

One could say that maybe niche RPG sites are not any valuable authority to decide what are the standards of a good RPG, even if the RPG itself is niche. Imagine the shock.

Daeran Spoiler
Hahahhaha Has anyone tried talking to Daeran about the Other ?
The level 40 enemy is a bit overkill methinks :D

You monster!!! :(

That's the point - devs are basically encouraging you to NOT do that :p

Daeran Spoiler
No. I promised not to do it and kept the promise.
Besides… What you experienced there I experienced much later in the game. :)

I didn't have issue with Galfrey at all, maybe because I was an Angel mythic?
But you did.
She demotes you and sends you to hell. Actual hell. :)

You may only keep the title depending on how many good deeds you performed and how many crusade table choices you've listened to her advisors instead of your own companions, that includes Greybor who will be in your military council unless you killed it. Him. :p

This is not related to myth path, as Azata I kept the rank, I was refusing only Lady Konomi because I loved to see her pissed off, but suggestions from other queen's pawns I accepted.
But as trickster I refused to accept any suggestion from the queen's pawns in my council so couldn't keep the title.
Also, it doesn't matter if you keep Lexicon or give it to her. As Azata I kept Lexicon and kept the title, as Trickster I gave it to her and she didn't leave me the title.

Not much of a spoiler, rather correction of a rumor.
Irabeth can die in the game.
This does not depend anyhow on the queen being a bi… being unfair towards MC. :)

But you did.
She demotes you and sends you to hell. Actual hell. :)

You may only keep the title depending on how many good deeds you performed and how many crusade table choices you've listened to her advisors instead of your own companions, that includes Greybor who will be in your military council unless you killed it. Him. :p

This is not related to myth path, as Azata I kept the rank, I was refusing only Lady Konomi because I loved to see her pissed off, but suggestions from other queen's pawns I accepted.
But as trickster I refused to accept any suggestion from the queen's pawns in my council so couldn't keep the title.
Also, it doesn't matter if you keep Lexicon or give it to her. As Azata I kept Lexicon and kept the title, as Trickster I gave it to her and she didn't leave me the title.

Not much of a spoiler, rather correction of a rumor.
Irabeth can die in the game.
This does not depend anyhow on the queen being a bi… being unfair towards MC. :)

I kept my title ;) its def easier for angel.

Irabeth stays at Drezen if you keep your title too, so she is safe then.

Also, if you have Hulrun instead of Ramien, you can save Galfrey/Irabeth, Sword of Valor and key as well. Otherwise, you have to choose 2 of 3.

Well it is 2am and I just finished. I couldn't wait any longer and drove the battle home to the end. I am overall very happy with everything and how it turned out. I got no bad endings for anyone. Also, for which I am very thankful for, no bugged endings - they were all accurate and reflected all my choices. They only really failed quest that was messed up somewhat was Hilor and I consider that a side quest. I know I was lucky in this regard though. It might have helped that I didn't romance and I never did a respec.

Minor vague spoilers but they do touch on the end without too much specifics:

While not perfect (I didn't finish Nenio's quest .. I just couldn't. I am not a big puzzle fan and finally ran out of stamina, even with guides, to finish the last three) I was happy with the end. Even the Witch got a bit of mercy at the very end.

I rather like no romance as it seems the Commander, Daeren, and Wolijj decided to stick around and be best buds which fit me just fine. The three amigos it turns out as they were always with me in the end.

The Azata end was great and at a certain turning point I decided to stick around versus traveling.

Now for a much bigger spoiler which no one should be reading unless they finished the game:

The part about having part of the Witch's son's soul tied to my characters is … off putting. It is the only thing about the story and ending that made me feel pretty uncomfortable.

It also explains something. When I tried the Mythic Legend path, just far enough to see what would happen, I thought I was killing off a part of my own soul.

Yet from what I now know it seems like i was instead removing Arellu's son's soul from my own.

Consequently that, to me, makes the Mythic Legend the only ending I feel comfortable with. That is the only way to be truly yourself and your own soul. At the time I didn't understand, but now I do.

So much as I love Azata and making the world green again and did really like the ending … I will have to play Mythic Legend to see how it goes. I don't think I will be comfortable keeping that power now that I know it is tied to another's soul.

At least it gives me a good reason to play again :)

Superb game and have to say some of the best 144 hours of gaming I have had in a very long time … and I am already planning out my next play through :)

But first I need to get a little sleep :yawn:

Minor vague spoilers but they do touch on the end without too much specifics:

While not perfect (I didn't finish Nenio's quest .. I just couldn't. I am not a big puzzle fan and finally ran out of stamina, even with guides, to both) I was happy with the end. Even the Witch got a bit of mercy at the very end.

I rather like no romance as it seems the Commander, Daeren, and Wolijj decided to stick around and be best buds which fit me just fine. The three amigos it turns out as they were always with me in the end.

I forced myself to finish both puzzle quests just in case I'd miss something, and I have to say, I'm glad I finished them both even though I was pretty burnt out - one of the puzzle quest gives the best ending (imo) for Storyteller and the other also gives a bit more "identity" to Nenio (imo).

Your commander end up as a buddy with both Woljif and Daeran even if you romance Daeran.

I personally loved the romance with Daeran because it does change him significantly, even though there is no official alignment change.

It's actually more obvious if you sacrifice yourself & achieved true love with Daeran - this make Daeran withdraw from life for a while, then later he dedicates all his wealth and talent helping others - so heartbreaking cause he never marries or have family, just travels to help others. It shows how much Daeran grew due to his love for the commander.

Now for a much bigger spoiler which no one should be reading unless they finished the game:

The part about having part of the Witch's son's soul tied to my characters is … off putting. It is the only thing about the story and ending that made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

It also explains something. When I tried the Mythic Legend path, just far enough to see what would happen, I thought I was killing off a part of my own soul.

Yet from what I now know it seems like i was instead removing Arellu's son's soul from my own.

Consequently that, to me, makes the Mythic Legend the only ending I feel comfortable with. That is the only way to be truly yourself and your own soul. At the time I didn't understand, but now I do.

So much as I love Azata and making the world green again and did really like the ending … I will have to play Mythic Legend to see how it goes. I don't think I will be comfortable keeping that power now that I know it is tied to another's soul.

At least it gives me a good reason to play again :)

Not necessarily true, imo.

Mega spoiler ahead - don't read if you haven't finished the game:

Even if you choose to retain your path, Areelu believes you are not her son/daughter (their gender always matches yours) if you haven't performed enough actions to gain her approval. I ended up gaining enough approval, so she quotes that her experiment ended as a success to a certain goddess - if not, apparently the dialogue changes. So it really depends on your actions whether she decided her son/daughter's soul is still within you or not

@joxer; - yeah, I did all that stuff with Galfrey before hand - met her in front of Fane (waited for her to arrive, instead of going in Azata-style), fought everything, killed the Balor, then had her speechifying, went into Abyss with the big Angel. So all that was fine. But I saw that there was mention of some potential Galfrey romance (not at all interested) dialog not triggering, and that they had patched that. But in my case, that bit of dialog - when she arrives, but before you meet outside the Fane - seems to be triggering way too late. I assume it is because I was travelling overland and when I was notified she had arrived, when straight to the Drezen courtyard so we could enter Fane.

Yeah, the Balor I'm talking about is way worse - bloodrager Balor, seemed to have 6 or 7 attacks a round, which couldn't miss and did 50 to 70hp damage. Maybe it's some later boss that's in the wrong place :eek: hopefylly he stays dead

Last edited:
Daeran Spoiler

You monster!!! :(

That's the point - devs are basically encouraging you to NOT do that :p

From the story, it's clear that we should not try unless we have a death wish. Which makes it too tempting. I wouldn't do that to him though.

Galfrey's romance… there's a pic of her with/without potion in the art book. But to each their own. ;)
In the awsome/horrible companions thread, I've already stated that the queen is such a piece of work I doubt she could win the war without MC.
Classic selfcentered tyrant hiding behind carefully constructed sentences and words. I bet if a psychologist played this the diagnose would be paranoid schizophrenia, sadly there are no meds for treatment in the setting so she just can't get better.

At one moment in the game you will get an option to declare independance or not.
I didn't go independent - the reward to remain loyal to the queen seemed more beneficial as that way you get a trinket that at the time looks as the only possibility to pass all superhigh knowledge/lore checks needed to read the whole of Lexicon.
It's not the only way however, you'll discover that later.

This is a hint:
If you don't want to remain loyal, do not overthink it, feel free go independant if you don't want to suffer consequences of the lousy leader instead of your own choices. Do not worry, independancy doesn't lock you out of anything.

Queen romance you say? Depends on your MC's story and character, I wrote there why and when that romance is definetly the best choice.
Regardless of alignment and myth path you took.

----------------------

Without quoting a few previous spoilers.

On Nenio/Enigma/puzzles.
I did all of those properly in my first Azata playthorugh, but now I'm on Trickster.
In this replay there is no reason not to "abuse" dimension door wherever possible. I don't know if it is possible or is locked out like in treant dungeon puzzle, I'll definetly write it when reach the place.

On Azata path.
It wasn't an easy choice for me, with what I want in the first playthrough the appropriate picks were either azata or lich. Not any of others.
What I want to say by picking azata you just cannot fail. It's fun by itself looking on "we're all high" aesthetics, you get very handy powers against hard optional bosses, the pet dragon is something you didn't know you desperately need till you saw it and crusade archers azata unlocks are brilliant. Okay okay, all archers are brilliant, but still.

To cut things short, if you are not quite sure what to pick as your first myth path, go with Azata.

Definetly don't go trickster as your first. Awsome on paper and awsome jokes, but some things can make your life miserable if it's your first playthrough. The game will try prank the prankster, not just once. ;)

I forced myself to finish both puzzle quests just in case I'd miss something, and I have to say, I'm glad I finished them both even though I was pretty burnt out - one of the puzzle quest gives the best ending (imo) for Storyteller and the other also gives a bit more "identity" to Nenio (imo).

Your commander end up as a buddy with both Woljif and Daeran even if you romance Daeran.

I personally loved the romance with Daeran because it does change him significantly, even though there is no official alignment change.

It's actually more obvious if you sacrifice yourself & achieved true love with Daeran - this make Daeran withdraw from life for a while, then later he dedicates all his wealth and talent helping others - so heartbreaking cause he never marries or have family, just travels to help others. It shows how much Daeran grew due to his love for the commander.

Not necessarily true, imo.

Mega spoiler ahead - don't read if you haven't finished the game:

Even if you choose to retain your path, Areelu believes you are not her son/daughter (their gender always matches yours) if you haven't performed enough actions to gain her approval. I ended up gaining enough approval, so she quotes that her experiment ended as a success to a certain goddess - if not, apparently the dialogue changes. So it really depends on your actions whether she decided her son/daughter's soul is still within you or not

Thanks Purple and aye I understand, however … EVEN BIGGER END GAME SPOILERS AHEAD …

… regardless of of how she views you (and I had good enough approval for her to say her experiment was a success), good or bad, it doesn't change how your character was made, if I understood what I was reading correctly … which I may not be.

She wanted her child back including their memories. She had learned (from the notes at Noct's palace) that after a soul is judged only in ultra rare cases do memories come back … like for the divine. So she thought if she took her child's soul (touched by the abyss) with that of a pure mortal soul (your characters) and sewed them together, and then made your character mythic, that her child's memories would return.

Whether your character has good approval or bad, whether success or failure, the soul of your character is still that combination of her childs' soul and the characters soul. At least that is what I was thinking based on what I learned. Unless you remove it which seems to be what you do with the Mythic Legend approach.

Maybe she says it is a failure because the child's soul never awakens. That doesn't mean it is gone only that the memories failed to wake up. In the ML quest she wants to start over with you and that requires getting rid of your characters soul so she has her child's back … but I admit I am a bit unclear on what that was truly about.

Maybe she thinks it is a failure because her child's soul died or faded away, in which case it may no longer be part of your character. I was thinking it simply became completely absorbed into your characters soul over time, becoming one, much like the souls of supernatural creatures become one out of multiple human souls - since that ties into the lore. That still feels a little odd to me but then the whole idea of souls combining to make a new entity is strange.

So maybe she feels some of the memories have come back and are impacting you and so is a success .. or, if no memories came back, and/or the soul was absorbed, or faded, or died (not sure which), then she says it was a failure.

I guess in the "success" ending she feels her child now lives on through your character in some way so she is content.

I also read up on the secret ending, now that I know the basic story and finished once, and now know more about her secret lab and that if you carry out certain steps in the game you can gain full approval and work with her so you ascend … I guess becoming a god … and if you have enough crystals then Areelu and your companions can also ascend.

All pretty cool although what she did was very selfish and evil - killing millions to bring back the life of her child … and, of course, to remove herself and her child from ever having to worry about the gods and the "cycle" again. So not sure I would ever want to ascend (fully to godhood versus remaining mythic or becoming mortal again) knowing I would have to work with that evil … very doubtful.

That, however, is just me and I tend to RP more myself, or characters I am very close to, like Lobo, and hence rather focused on certain boundaries they don't cross.

All in all a very cool and deep ending though - I loved it even if I was a bit queasy about having her child's soul mixed in with my characters like that. Just feels a little strange.

Last edited:
From what I've read, the secret ending is not available to all myth paths.
Maybe it's a bug, but if is not, that's something I like as the most horrible path can't get that ending.
Not saying evil paths are not getting it, but the one you planned to take just because you like CW's show "DC Legends of Tomorrow" and such title sounds fancy.
Kidding. ;)

I did not get that ending in my first playthrough. I had everything set for MC, not for others though - but I missed the deadline.
It's timed. There is a time&date window, if you don't do it exactly then, you may forgeddit.
Well I didn't know that and that's what I don't like.
Timers from phonegames and mmos do not belong in singleplayer PC games.

----------------------------------

Forgot…
I won't be writing the complete crusade screenshots thing "hellknighs suck".
The bug where I couldn't get better units made all those pics strange and useless in postpatch playthroughs.
One could still draw a conclusion - if the starter units can beat so many demon armies, of course upgraded can do too.
But upgraded units efficiency was never a point nor my intention, I just wanted people to see that HK are avoidware trash. :)

Instead, I will rework it differently.
HK or not HK, there are generals related things we didn't talk about much.
I did mention the logic behind mage general and elf archer general, but didn't write some stuff in detail.
Well now I have some pics and besides I wrote down some notes so expect a crusade ch2/ch3 noHK :))) strategical thread later or tomorrow.

Not sure if I'll do ch5 crusade thread though, I'm not seeing anyone having problems with it there.

Last edited:
@joxer;: From what I know not all paths can get the secret ending but I don't think it has to do with alignment and has more to do with the nature of the path. It is also timed (ick) and has other special requirements but then I guess that is the point of secret endings in games as C2077 and PK also had similar things.

Also from what I understand getting the secret ending seems more evil to me, for reasons I put at the end of my spoiler tag. I would never be comfortable doing it with a good character.

EDIT: What I have spent over an hour searching on, but can't find, is just what exactly happens with the secret ending. Tons of places tell you how to get it but not what happens, exactly, when you do. That is what I want to know.

EDIT 2: Course after that I found an obscure reddit thread that mentioned at least two things ... well one sentence which only gave me a tiny bit more insight but better than nothing. Also suggested my feeling about its morality are accurate.

Last edited:
Well, I think I just like making builds. Once I actually started playing a while in Chapter 1, I just got bored. It's the "combat takes too long" problem with party-based games and my lack of focus. I need 90%+ of combats to last 30 seconds or less and you just can't do that with 6 people fighting battles.

Probably the only way I could ever finish a pathfinder game would be to create a level 20 sorcerer and gob-stomp the battles. I spent 4 hours clearing the marketplace map and I just haven't had the energy to load the game again. I have created a few more characters, but never even loaded the prologue up after that first real map.

All of that said, I sure love the character building in the beginning. I played nearly a 100 hours and all of that was creating characters and playing the prologue/tutorial dungeon.

from what I understand getting the secret ending seems more evil to me
It might seem evil to you, but I don't see it evil toward your companions, quite the opposite.
Besides, that way you make sure you don't see the queen ever again. If she survived the dragon, I got lucky in my first playthrough where she died.
I won't be hinting why that happened as her death is IMO a desirable outcome. ;)

What exactly happens in the secret ending I don't know either. Yet.
I'm trying to get it with trickster patch because I botched it with azata (overslept the date so it wasn't at the table any more :)).
Will write as a spoiler when I see the whole of it because this time I know it's not just one… bolt thing… I need.
If I don't bork it somehow again. :(
Well, I think I just like making builds.

Probably the only way I could ever finish a pathfinder game would be to create a level 20 sorcerer and gob-stomp the battles.
See this is where a NPC named Hilor comes to the rescue.
Talk to him and then you can respec.

Level 20 rogue who wants to be something else?
Respec to level 20 deadly mistress of doom.
All you need to do is to reach level 20. And you can't reach it by replaying market. :p

@joxer; - From this post the year may not matter:

You must enter the final location named Threshold on the map, not sooner or later then Third Week of Gozran. It is in between 16 and 21 dates of this month. According to Redditor Nalikill he achieved this ending on 4716, so it appears to be a month requirement not a year. Meaning as long as you do the ending between the dates of 16 of Gozran and 21st of Gozran you should achieve the ending.

Back
Top Bottom