Crytek - Employees Not Being Paid

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Crytek is facing financial problems again, with many employees claiming they haven't been paid in over a month.

Crytek is once again facing complaints that it isn't paying its workers, with some alleging they have not seen a paycheck in more than a month.

The complaints have appeared on social media and have spread through Reddit, all alleging delays and irregularities in meeting payroll over the past six months. In some cases, workers say they currently have not been paid in more than a month.

A person saying he is a current full-time employee contacted Polygon to say that Crytek employees have not been paid for two months, and in the preceding five, pay had been regularly delayed by two to four weeks.
More.

More information.

This is bad. I have little respect for a company that keeps it employees in the dark so badly. Management is likely trying to secure funds through any means necessary and their hearts are probably in the right place but they really are compounding the problem if true. Even if they paid me back wages, I'd probably have my CV shipped around already.

People cannot leave the country because they have been underpaid for so long? I'd say writing is on the wall and anyone there with the means should find new work now and leave. Easier said than done but probably for the best at this point.

Merry Christmas. Glad I'm still employed. *knocks wood*

It is not the first time either. Star Citizen already hired some of their best employees. Might be they'll take over the development of the engine if things keep going like this.

Well this is normal in my country (well not for software engineers but almost everyone else) and there is no new job to find as soon as your employer's stop paying you. People usually just keep working for no pay hoping things get better.

First time your pay is delayed, it's time to start looking for another job, although it is hard to find work everywhere right now, as far as I know.

Aubrielle, are you learning CryEngine still? How's that going?

Yeah, actually. :) I'm still patiently working at it with small steps to avoid discouragement. For a long time, the storage of assets was really making me crazy…but as usual, I was overcomplicating things, and the CryEngine devs told me that the next update will feature a streamlined asset pipeline, so that was really exciting to hear. :) It's asset creation that still really scares me…

Asset creation as in creating your own textures, artwork, etc.? I'm sure you can find others to help out with that. Good luck! If you need music maybe I can work a little magic. :p

Asset creation as in creating your own textures, artwork, etc.? I'm sure you can find others to help out with that. Good luck! If you need music maybe I can work a little magic. :p

Ohhhh, don't tease me like that. I will *definitely* need music…and even worse, I already have the music I want in mind. o.o;;

Was that a serious offer? Because if I can get my project off the ground for real, I will seriously need help with that.

(And yeah...textures and artwork but mostly meshes. My relationship with Blender is...turbulent.)

I just hope this whole Crytek financial difficulties thing won't mean the engine goes away. I'd rather not have to emigrate to Unreal. :-/

Crytek has always had financial problems since Crysis was released. Maybe if they stopped focusing on Realtic Graphics, and gimmicks it might change.

I also remember reading Crytek lost a few IP's because they had to sell them.

Ohhhh, don't tease me like that. I will *definitely* need music…and even worse, I already have the music I want in mind. o.o;;

Was that a serious offer? Because if I can get my project off the ground for real, I will seriously need help with that.

What type of music are you looking for and what type of game is it? Email me some details if you'd like. :)

What type of music are you looking for and what type of game is it? Email me some details if you'd like. :)

I'll hit you up shortly. I've got Ideas™ by the bucketload. :)

First time your pay is delayed, it's time to start looking for another job...
Well, unless it's happening because you screwed up some code in... <AHEM> because QA failed to discover an issue in the accounting software. ;)

Back
Top Bottom