Starfield - 3 New Locations Revealed

Redglyph

proud GASP member
TheGamer posted 3 new videos on the setting of Starfield, Bethesda's next RPG title. The short videos present three locations: New Atlantis, Akila and Neon.

Starfield Reveals Three New Locations And Fish That Get You High

Bethesda has revealed three locations that players will eventually be able to visit in Starfield. These 'Location Insights' are short videos showcasing diverse locations along with commentary by design director Emil Pagliarulo. They were a part of a reveal for Starfield's Constellation group, which receives early access to news, and updates about the game.

Since these videos were only for Constellation members, you can't find them without a YouTube link. But it turns out that these links have now been shared everywhere, so you can check them out below.

New Atlantis is the capital city of the United Colonies, which is the most powerful faction in the game in terms of political and military power. Like most metropolitan cities, New Atlantis is home to a number of races, creeds, and ethnicities. According to Pagliarulo, it is "a true reflection of the future of our world."

Akila city is the capital of the Freestar Collective which is a loose confederation of three star systems. While it's not as flashy as New Atlantis, it is a haven for those who believe in the sanctity of personal freedom and individuality. The city is walled thanks to dangerous predators known as Ashta, which Pagliarulo describes as "a cross between a wolf and a velociraptor."

And lastly, Neon is the place where the galaxy goes to party. It was originally built as a fishing platform on an aquatic world by a major corporation, but turned into an entertainment and pleasure hub after the discovery of a fish with psychotropic properties. The corporation eventually realised that the drug made from this fish, Aurora, could make them way more money than fishing. People from all over come to Neon to enjoy the drug, since it's illegal everywhere else.

More information.

So the game will be released November/2022, is that right?

So just concept art with voice-overs? How disappointing. Show more game footage.:(

Anyway thanks for sharing the videos Redglyph.:thumbsup:

Game looks good for the little I have seen about it. Really looking forward to this one.

Indeed a shame we only have artwork here. There were some gameplay screenshots leaks, and the official in-game trailer seemed to address some of the graphical problems I have with Bethesda games.

I'm very much looking forward to the game and I'm almost certain I'll enjoy it, but all of those three location descriptions are very trope-tastic. I wish for once we could get a higher bar for world building in a AAA game.

I'm very much looking forward to the game and I'm almost certain I'll enjoy it, but all of those three location descriptions are very trope-tastic. I wish for once we could get a higher bar for world building in a AAA game.

That is likely too dangerous for mainstream appeal. It is also why we will never again see something like Morrowind from Beth ;-(

IMO: Already announced / planned game release dates are going to be crippled, unfortunately, I predict. As "key personnel affected / lost" or something like that you'll see in heavily neutered press releases come this autumn / winter. Given the global situ / news coming in, starting a couple months from now, you'll know the cause. Because the developers - who recently got their '5G Reception Enhanced' strictly per personal choice - will get into the biggest trouble of their lives: then the least of their problems will be these announced AAA game projects.. But they'll worry about their medical insurances, if those will pay at all..

The presentation as animated concept art doesn't bother me at all, if nothing else it shows they care about the setting. And it wasn't meant to be public in the first place, to be honest.

But yes, I would like to see some real gameplay or concrete information on how the quests work, the character develops, and all that. I'm sure they'll tease us enough with that in the coming months.

Last edited:
15 months until release - this is gonna be a long, long marketing drip campaign. Followed by at least a year waiting for DLC and mods to get solid.
That is likely too dangerous for mainstream appeal.
Eh? Why?

For mainstream audiences, tropes aren't a big deal. They don't see them nearly as often as we do, so they aren't going to bother them nearly as much. I don't see that much call to stick with them, though. Especially if marketing is expecting to spend over a year educating us!

Even though we don't really know too much about it yet, Starfield is still a game I'm very much looking forward to. Even if it's just "Skyrim in space", that would certainly work very well for me.

Even though we don't really know too much about it yet, Starfield is still a game I'm very much looking forward to. Even if it's just "Skyrim in space", that would certainly work very well for me.

I'm hoping it's more than just Skyrim in space. We'll eventually have TES VI for more of that kind of experience. In the meantime, I think it's time Bethesda finally gave us something a little different.

I'm hoping it's more than just Skyrim in space. We'll eventually have TES VI for more of that kind of experience. In the meantime, I think it's time Bethesda finally gave us something a little different.

Interesting enough they were known for different back in the day. Terminator springs to mind as well as redfall....just off the top of my head.

Interesting enough they were known for different back in the day. Terminator springs to mind as well as redfall….just off the top of my head.

Not much has changed. Bethesda Softworks has always done different stuff as a publisher, and they still do. But their own in-house developer, Bethesda Game Studios, has only ever done the same kind of thing (Elder Scrolls & Fallout)

I remember talking about the idea of procedural placement, rather than procedural generation. Where you could create terrain procedurally, but then have hand-crafted content (special locations, NPCs, quests, etc) and automate their placement in the world. So, people can explore vast worlds, but will still encounter rich content that you could never fill the whole space with.

I remember talking about the idea of procedural placement, rather than procedural generation. Where you could create terrain procedurally, but then have hand-crafted content (special locations, NPCs, quests, etc) and automate their placement in the world. So, people can explore vast worlds, but will still encounter rich content that you could never fill the whole space with.
Actually your spot on as that was mentioned in a past interview.:nod:

It's supposedly some new tool or tech with the creation engine 2.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061622468&postcount=2
A focus on procedural generation during level design confirmed for Starfield and TES:VI

This is a tool for developers to create massive landmass and does not mean the land will be randomly generated in real time like No Man's Sky, meaning your game will look the exact same as everyone else. This is simply an engine tool to create larger worlds, so expect Starfield (planets?) to be much larger than Fallout 76's map (clarification: speculative), which is already four times bigger than Skyrim. YOUR ELDER SCROLLS/STARFIELD MAP WILL LOOK THE EXACT SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE MAP WILL BE RANDOMLY GENERATED.

Back
Top Bottom