Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - is Capcom's fastest-selling PC game

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
MCV reports that Capcom is selling the PC version of Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen like hot cakes:

The PC version of RPG Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is Capcom’s fast-selling game for the platform thus far.

The title – which debuted on January 15th on Steam – is also one of the publisher’s Top Three best-selling PC releases.

Dark Arisen is an enhanced version of 2012’s Dragon’s Dogma, which launched for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 back in 2013.

Capcom does note that though Dark Arisen is its fast-selling PC title so far, the initial sales of the console versions were higher as they benefited from a full marketing push pre-launch.

“We are extremely pleased with the performance of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. It is our fastest-selling PC title to date, thanks to an audience eagerly waiting for it, and us delivering to the level of quality gamers were expecting,” marketing director Antoine Molant told MCV. [...]
Thanks Couch!

More information.

Goes to show what a decent PC version and good word of mouth can do. Give people quality games, and they will tend to pay you money.

C'mon DD2, c'mon!!!

+1.

Capcom did say that depending on the PC players response they might be willing to consider the possibility of DS2. So now's the time!

Got 29 hours so far and I really like it. It`s very western style game yet different in many aspects. Fighting is one of them. Especially with stronger enemies it needs not only quick thinking but quick reflexes too. There is quite alot to explore. Quests are rather simple and short (at least most of main quests I encountered so far).

Capcom did say that depending on the PC players response
When did PC players shove off a proper port if a game's not garbage?

As a fan of Capcom since the NES days, I'm always happy to hear about them doing well. They used to have a poor reputation when it came to PC ports. I'm glad to see they've put that behind them.

Got 29 hours so far and I really like it. It`s very western style game yet different in many aspects. Fighting is one of them. Especially with stronger enemies it needs not only quick thinking but quick reflexes too. There is quite alot to explore. Quests are rather simple and short (at least most of main quests I encountered so far).

I think it's pretty interesting how straightforward main quests are. You might think their simplicity, together with how simple the bounty board gather/kill quests are, would detract from the overall game experience, but they're just kind of framework to hold the game together and honestly not that important in the grand scheme. In fact, that whole concept ties into a major theme of the game. I'm still in awe years later how everything clicks together in this game.

C'mon DD2, c'mon!!!
It could be a whole series! Dragon's Dogma, Tiamat's Theology, Bahamut's Beliefs, Ankheg's Apologetics...

When did PC players shove off a proper port if a game's not garbage?

I see you haven't played it yet. Respawns galore. I don't think you'll like it, unless some one makes a mod to remove them.

I think it's pretty interesting how straightforward main quests are. You might think their simplicity, together with how simple the bounty board gather/kill quests are, would detract from the overall game experience, but they're just kind of framework to hold the game together and honestly not that important in the grand scheme. In fact, that whole concept ties into a major theme of the game. I'm still in awe years later how everything clicks together in this game.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think the game cast some kind of voodoo magic on me making me play it.

When I look at the individual parts. It's not really that impressive.

Story, ok ( so far, level 35 and no idea how far I am into it), quests are ok to kill x number of monsters, npc's not very memorable, exploration is less rewarding than I was hoping. Most weapons I find are worse than the ones I purchased. The coolest thing I found was a cave behind a waterfall which is hardly unique to this game, respawns galore, pawn AI has flashes of brilliance but is usually pretty poor and combat while good is still outshined by DS and bloodborne IMO.

I'm not sure how you mesh all that together and get a good game. Yet every time I sit down at my PC I start it up and enjoy it for hours. I have almost 100 hours in the short time it's been out. I really enjoy the game, tell people it's great and recommend it to all my friends but for all accounts everything above is true.

Voodoo magic I tell ya.:biggrin:

I see you haven't played it yet. Respawns galore. I don't think you'll like it, unless some one makes a mod to remove them.
I didn't because League of Legends.
It's installed since the release day on my PC but I've posted already a few times - I just can't play several games at the same time. Is it a darksoulslike grinder or not, can't know yet.

Congrats to Capcom! Like Ripper says below, when you give quality in a quality porting package with a reasonable price, customers reward you. Who would have thought...

Goes to show what a decent PC version and good word of mouth can do. Give people quality games, and they will tend to pay you money.

Totally! I've heard nothing but good things about this game...there's some nutjob constantly posting the most gushing praise about this game left and right. Oh...IT'S ME!!

I think the game cast some kind of voodoo magic on me making me play it.

When I look at the individual parts. It's not really that impressive....

I'm not sure how you mesh all that together and get a good game. Yet every time I sit down at my PC I start it up and enjoy it for hours. I have almost 100 hours in the short time it's been out. I really enjoy the game, tell people it's great and recommend it to all my friends but for all accounts everything above is true.

Voodoo magic I tell ya.:biggrin:
I'd submit it is because the game is truly unique and charming. There's just no other game out there that merges all the stuff you talk about, and merges successfully. And the pawns feel more alive and real to me than most "serious" companions in other games.

And it's a game that gets better the more you play. Combat and quests seem meh at first...then they both get crazy good...then it gets even better once you max out all vocations...then you get secret augments to skills...then you get uber weapons that can slaughter stuff in the most insane ways...then you fight in the semi-secret arenas, seeing how fast 5 Ogres can die (Grand Gicel, 5 seconds)...then you get addicted to Dragonforging...then you finally leave Bitterblack and remember there is that whole main game portion...then you replay it for old time's sake...then you've played 250 hours and realize this is THE.BEST.GAME.EVAR.

The above is a true story that has now happened twice, TWICE, to me! I'm currently at the addicted to Dragonforging stage on PC.

Seriously peeps, I have never felt so immersed, like Gransys and Bitterblack are real places with real history. I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING THIS GAME!!

Really looking forward to explore Bitterblack. Just too damn busy with work!

Good enough hack&slash experience, I'm about to finish the first round.
But seriously, I'm surprised by how many flaws people are overlooking, in particular when it comes to gameplay.

I definitely hope it will. Would be really interesting to see what they would do with a sequel.

Edit: Post no. 100 wow! Watch out for the watchdog! :p

Good enough hack&slash experience, I'm about to finish the first round.
But seriously, I'm surprised by how many flaws people are overlooking, in particular when it comes to gameplay.

Like what?

Back
Top Bottom