Geforce expdereience: login required

P

pibbur who

New version of NVidia's Geforce Experience is available. But. You have to login to "your NVidia account" to use it. :(

Until now I've found GE a practical tool for downloading drivers, optimized game settings and so on. Until now. Fortunately you don't have to use it. So I probably won't.

pibbur who hopes he'll find the old installation files. He knows he hasn't deleted them, which doesn't necessarily help.

PS. Could someone correct the typos in the subject line? DS.

Yeah, I was really annoyed by that too. Why make it mandatory instead of optional ??? Bad move.

I hate BS like this.

Its a terrible user expdereience!

User ex-derp-ience.

Nil points, Nvidia.

Fortunately I had the latest install file before this one, so I could roll back.

pibbur who didn't roll over.

What's wrong with me, I don't seem to care about this atrocity either.

I need to get older and grumpier quick.:biggrin:

we can still get the next level driver without using this I hope.

Thought I'm not sure how much expdereience I need to reach it.

What's wrong with me, I don't seem to care about this atrocity either.

I need to get older and grumpier quick.:biggrin:
I look forward to be even more grumpy next year, when I'll partially retire.

Bah. The youths of today!!! Yecchy short haired boys!!!! They don't even smoke. Ok, the last one is a good thing, and actually I didn't smoke back then either (never tried it). But that's of no importance when expressing grumpiness. (Grumpiness rule number 1: Don't let reality hinder you).

And something is definitely wrong with keyboars these days. All of them!! Keys don't respond as tjhey're supposed to!! Hrmphf!!!.
we can still get the next level driver without using this I hope.
Yepp.
Thought I'm not sure how much expdereience I need to reach it.

Ok, maybe "expdereience" is not an English word, not even an Ozzieenglish word. But it should be. Hah!!!

pibbur who did ask someone in power to correct the typo in the subject line. :)

Last edited:
I look forward to be even more grumpy next year, when I'll partially retire.

Bah. The youths of today!!! Yecchy short haired boys!!!! They don't even smoke. Ok, the last one is a good thing, and actually I didn't smoke back then either (never tried it). But that's of no importance when expressing grumpiness. (Grumpiness rule number 1: Don't let reality hinder you).

And something is definitely wrong with keyboars this day. All of them!! Keys don't respond as tjhey're supposed to!! Hrmphf!!!.

Yepp.

<snip>

LOL!

Embrace your grumpiness pibbur!

More news from Nvidia GFE hell.

I've uninstalled GFE 3, and reainstalled GFE2.x.

Problem: Whenever I select Open GFE from the traybar icon, it opens the Upgrade Window, with no option to disable upgrade and continue using GEFE 2.x.

Solution: Delete or rename the "Update" folder in C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience.

Problem: No recommended settings for your games, they're gone. It was the only feature I used (besides driver updates), as a starting point for tweaking.

Solution: Go to Preferences.Games and be sure that "Recommend optimal settings" is checked. It probably isn't, at least it was not for me. Then Click the "Check Now" button (it's greyed out, but works).

Problems solved.

I got this from https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/963302/geforce-experience/-how-to-fix-geforce-experience-3-0-shadow-play-led-visualizer-and-remove-the-need-to-log-in-/, which also has a more options to evade NVidia's gentle use of (ge)force.

pibbur who thinks that he's perhaps is too principal(correct English?)/cautious/anxious about features that may not be that problematic after all. And that he maybe accepts similar behaviour from other companies (looks at Windows 10)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom