Arx Fatalis - Unreal Engine Fan Remake

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
OnlySP reports that Arx Fatalis gets an Unreal Engine Fan remake by BlackcatGameStudio:

Unreal Engine Fan Remake

A fan has recently undertaken the task of remaking Arx Fatalis in Unreal Engine 4, including a host of improvements such as DirectX 12 support, real-time ray tracing, and more.

The first-person RPG was originally released by Arkane Studios in 2002 to critical acclaim. Set in Arx, a world whose sun has failed, players must uncover the secrets of a large subterranean cave where creatures from the surface have been forced to take refuge.

[...]

Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

Awesome stuff. Looks darn sweet. I can't wait to play that remake. I just hope that they don't get a shutdown notice.

Can it be downloaded somewhere?

Any takedown notice will probably appear the moment the remake becomes available for download. But perhaps the author is undertaking this in the interest of self-promotion?

My thinking as well as most of these projects are unfinished or taken down.

Now, this is a project that is more easy to be properly finished due to the scope of the game, which I think is lesser than e.g. Morrowind Rebirth or Skyblivion.

Any takedown notice will probably appear the moment the remake becomes available for download. But perhaps the author is undertaking this in the interest of self-promotion?

Who nowadays owns the Arx Fatalis IP ?

hope it wont get shut down. certainly gonna play this one !

I would have thought Bethesda would own the IP, given they bought Arkane. With Raph Colantonio gone though I doubt we'll see a proper Arx sequel any time soon. The failure of Underworld Ascendant would not have done the genre any favours neither. That said, it is mods like this which will help give the game further longevity and keep the IP in the minds of fans and hopefully new players.

I did start a replay of Arx a couple of years ago with the Arx Litertatis mod but didn't complete it. Just hearing the ambient sounds at the end of that video gives me nostalgic shivers in recalling the ferocious danger of those Ylsides. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom