NWN - Premium Modules Mini-Review Article at GamerDad

txa1265

SasqWatch
GamerDad has posted and updated version of their Premium Module Review Article that includes all of the modules, describing and scoring each of them individually:

Note: this article has been updated to include the recently released Infinite Dungeons premium module. Aside from the module review, there are other comments to put the entire series into context since Atari announced they won't support any further official releases. Of course, since then the Wyvern Crown of Cormyr premium module has been released – and of course I have included a review of that. In between these modules a ‘cancelled' module – Darkness Over Daggerford – was released, and I have played through that as well. I had contemplated using that as a new ‘free module' reference, but the scope and design was for a ‘premium' module, so I have reviewed it as such and left the venerable ‘Eye of the Beholder' as the reference.

More information.

I have yet to try out any of the premium modules. Good review(s) -- I think I'll download Darkness Over Daggerford and give it a try now.

Great reviews. Right on the money for Shadowguard, Kingmaker, and Witch's Wake. I didn't get to play the other ones, but they sound really good. I wish, for the life of me, that they would finish Witch's Wake. It seems very popular. I don't see why they don't finish it and sell it for $15 or $20. Maybe it could be a NWN 2 mod.

I agree doctor_kaz, the review was spot on on the three first modules. I never played any after that as I got tired of NWN in general .

A review concise and to the point, yet informative as well as insightfull, very nicely written Mike!

The timing on this article was perfect for me; I had just decided to pick up a copy for my young nephew since he's expressing interest. Would you have any idea which modules are included in the Diamond pack vs the Platinum pack compilations? The only thing I've found regarding these compilation packs is that the Platinum has actual written manuals inside rather than pdfs.

Ubbax
"Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows." - David T. Wolf

I know that Diamond includes "Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, and the Neverwinter Nights Kingmaker expansion, which includes Kingmaker, ShadowGuard, and Witch's Wake Remastered." (from the NWN site), whereas Platinum is just NWN plus the two expansions. I would say that how you go depends on the price you can get.

Much appreciated Mike, info noted for my shopping excursion.

Since I'm buying for him I suppose the Diamond pack might be the better buy. He's a reader, loves books, but getting him to read a game manual is another story....

Ubbax

Good reviews. It is a shame for Ossian that Darkness over Daggerford didn't get released as a premium, but it benefits the rest of us as a top free module :)

I was involved in creating Wyvern, so can't really objectively comment, but I'd agree that it's perhaps more of a showcase of technologies than being primarily story-based. That said it will surpise you what can be done with the NWN engine :p

My advice would be buy Wyvern and download Daggerford at the same time, that way you can think of it as getting two excellent modules for the price ;)

Back
Top Bottom