Gothic Is there a cheat to go straight to a new chapter?

locutus

Watcher
I want to start a new game and go immediately to chapter 2 for a minute to see something I missed. Is that possible?

Best bet is to get a save game from someone else.

I'm not aware of such a cheat. Of course you could spawn the Story Helper NPC and talk to him - in German -, but you would still need to know exactly what he want him to give you.

Missing something really important is impossible because the main quest is linear.
Most side quests aren't chapter specific. You might lose a handful though.

The easiest solution is probably comparing your quest log with a complete quest list from the internet.

I'm not aware of such a cheat. Of course you could spawn the Story Helper NPC and talk to him - in German -, but you would still need to know exactly what he want him to give you.

Missing something really important is impossible because the main quest is linear.
Most side quests aren't chapter specific. You might lose a handful though.

The easiest solution is probably comparing your quest log with a complete quest list from the internet.

I wasn't referring to a quest. I wanted to see Inextremo

I've got loads of saves, some of them should be from chapter 2, but I don't think that'll help, as they only appear in the German version. Not sure an English save is even compatible with the German version.

To make matters more complex, In Extremo is not in every German version either due to licensing issues. Most of the re-releases of Gothic 1 have had In Extremo cut from the game.

There's a mod that puts in the English version. I have the mod and put it in the folder and loaded a save from chapter 2 but it didn't work. I then saw instructions that said you had to start a new game after installing the mod. That's my reason for wanting a cheat code.

Back
Top Bottom