Larian Divinity: Fallen Heroes Cancelled/On-Hold?

Larian Studios Games not fitting in one of the other prefixes

Old Grognard

Jaded Old-Timer
I remember there was talk about an XCOM style spin-off of the Divinty series developed by the studio that released Expeditions: Conquistador & Expeditions: Viking.

Sounded like a good idea. I lost interest for while and it looks to be on-hold/cancelled now.

Link - https://wccftech.com/divinity-fallen-heroes-on-hold/#:~:text=While%20Divinity%3A%20Fallen%20Heroes%20isn,an%20indefinite%20amount%20of%20time.&text=It%20is%20with%20a%20profound,the%20work%20done%20so%20far.
While Divinity: Fallen Heroes isn't outright cancelled, in a new forum post, Larian has announced the game in on hold for an indefinite amount of time. … It is with a profound sense of regret that today we announce Divinity: Fallen Heroes has been put on hold, as we fondly celebrate the work done so far.
Was anyone interested in this game like myself?

I remember there was talk about an XCOM style spin-off of the Divinty series developed by the studio that released Expeditions: Conquistador & Expeditions: Viking.

Sounded like a good idea. I lost interest for while and it looks to be on-hold/cancelled now.

Link - https://wccftech.com/divinity-fallen-heroes-on-hold/#:~:text=While%20Divinity%3A%20Fallen%20Heroes%20isn,an%20indefinite%20amount%20of%20time.&text=It%20is%20with%20a%20profound,the%20work%20done%20so%20far.
Was anyone interested in this game like myself?

I am! :) And I still hope this game may be released, someday.

Thanks for posting the link. Yeah it's a shame.

Logic Artists are keeping occupied with their Expeditions tactics games
Good to hear the Expeditions series isn't dead. Wonder what period they'll do next.

Logic Artists are keeping occupied with their Expeditions tactics games
Good to hear the Expeditions series isn't dead. Wonder what period they'll do next.

I remember reading there was talk about Rome being the next setting in the Expeditions series, but I haven't heard anything since that. I do remember THQ Nordic bought them.

I somehow feel they had already announced that the Fallen Heroes spin-off had been cancelled/halted because they didn't think it was up to the standards that Larian wanted to deliver. Sounded a bit like they didn't want to potentially throw dirt on the studio's name because of a spin-off that was being outsorced before BG3 fully releases.

I like tactics games, but I got the impression that this was going to be pretty barebones in terms of story or anything like that. Just a series of battles. I have no interest in such a thing.

I'm fine with them devoting all their resources to BG3, if that's what they're doing.

I like tactics games, but I got the impression that this was going to be pretty barebones in terms of story or anything like that. Just a series of battles. I have no interest in such a thing.

I'm fine with them devoting all their resources to BG3, if that's what they're doing.
The premise sounded good, but it was probably a good idea to halt development. One is working on BG III and the other was bought by a publisher. Just sad this happened.

So I agree somewhat but it wasn't Larian developing the game but another studio called Logic Artists, but like already said they both had other projects going on at the same time.

It also looked like Larain couldn't devote more time and money on the project either.
Originally scheduled for a November 2019 release, it has become clear to everyone involved that the game will need far greater development time and resources than are available now to bring it to fruition, in a fun and sustainable way. We’re sorry for the players excited for Fallen Heroes, who will have to wait an unspecified period of time, but we strongly believe that bringing Fallen Heroes to fans should be done in a timeline that allows it to be developed soundly. We value the work that everyone has put in to Fallen Heroes, and though we lament its status as of now, we all agree that there’s a great game in there that will sometime reach the players who await it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom