We are launching new RPG in 2021, try our DEMO now!

eva_brytenwalda

Watcher
Hello everybody ^^

We are Brytenwalda Studios and we are launching a new RPG next year and would like you try our DEMO in Steam.

Beyond Mankind is a first-person single-player game set in both the future and prehistory. One day, you wake up, but your world has changed. You are a soldier of H.O.P.E., a brotherhood of warriors whose only mission is to recover Earth, an Earth that is now in the last stages of a nuclear winter.

As a soldier of H.O.P.E, you must travel 39,000 yeas ago, when a random genetic mutation created a new branch of humanity and they are trying to annihilate us. You are the one making choices and taking difficult decisions to face the enemy and save our world (if there is something similar to real life is just a coincidence, we promise)

You can also find us in Gamescom this year until 30th August and we will be online in Discord from 6pm to 8pm (CEST) if you want to join an chat with us.

-> https://now.gamescom.global/partner/brytenwalda/

We are not sure if we can share links here about Discord and Steam but if they must be removed, let me know:

-> https://discord.gg/fC4jkye

-> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1301590/Beyond_Mankind

Thank you guys and let's save the world together!

Racism the game, yipee.

Any romances in the demo? :)

FFS, guys... What a welcome!

Sounds quite interesting to me.

Racism because a select enhanced ethnic group want to annihilate all others? Hmm I can see why some might think that, but it's the plot of a fictional game-world so who cares.

Back on topic it looks good and I'll probably give the demo a try. Though right now I'm focused on Wastelands 3, and ho boy I'm loving that game right now.
@eva_brytenwalda welcome to the forums as well.:party:

Last edited:
"(if there is something similar to real life is just a coincidence, we promise)"

Philistine is not wrong.

Well, it could be taken that way, but I think we might be jumping the gun to call it racist. The concept of a genetic mutation creating a new group that turns against us is no more racist than the X-Men, and if there was a new branch of humanity that came along later in reality, that was white people.

That's not to say they couldn't be winking at that idea, but I think they should get a bit more benefit of the doubt before pouncing on them.

Well, it could be taken that way, but I think we might be jumping the gun to call it racist. The concept of a genetic mutation creating a new group that turns against us is no more racist than the X-Men, and if there was a new branch of humanity that came along later in reality, that was white people.

That's not to say they couldn't be winking at that idea, but I think they should get a bit more benefit of the doubt before pouncing on them.

Perhaps. I don't get a good vibe, personally, but you're right in that I don't 100% know their angle.

On another subject, is no one else wondering if they're the mod team who made the Mount & Blade mod? (and the official Viking add-on too, I believe)

On another subject, is no one else wondering if they're the mod team who made the Mount & Blade mod? (and the official Viking add-on too, I believe)
Didn't notice that thanks for mentioning it. Vikings was one of the best Mount & Blade Warband mods. By that I mean it actually had a good campaign to enjoy for once.

It wasn't just the usual Warband mod which is just a facelift of the original game.

Yes, I looked them up to get a sense of their background, and it's the same team that made that addon, which is pretty well-regarded.

If it becomes clear later that they are dog-whistling(!) to bigotry, let the savaging commence. :p

Not by me they earned my purchase already nuff said.

It only took mentioning Viking Conquest. :)

More game-play from June.

There's a lot to like here. Has a freshness to it that has me interested.

My current PC won't run the demo, but I'll be trying it in a few months when I upgrade.

Just played through it and enjoyed it despite a couple of annoying issues. It desperately needs a map function and while it may be just the sensitivity of my mouse, the game kept changing what weapon I was using all the time which is very frustrating when you're shooting at something and suddenly you have a knife in your hand instead of a gun!! I'm sure these things will get fixed.

Looks interesting. I'm all up for a new sci fi RPG, I'll keep an eye on this.

Hello everybody,

We've made a quite extensive story that the game is set in, so it might seem strange. But basically imagine a post-apocalyptic world where a branch of humanity has taken over Earth. The player is a soldier of a group called HOPE, travelling back in time to stop the events. With role-playing the player interacts with NPCs and makes different choices.

There are some articles in internet which are talking about the Einstein-Penrose bridge which is a kind of wormhole. In Beyond Mankind, H.O.P.E soldiers have to travel to the past to face the enemy. We just created that context to make the text "more real" but it does not mean it exists (at least we don't know yet).

This is one of the articles talking about it, it is in Spanish but it can be translated: https://invdes.com.mx/ciencia-ms/nu...l-en-el-espacio-tiempo-postulan-astrofisicos/

Hope this clarifies, I am here if there is anything else you need to ask ^^

Racism the game, yipee.

The comment "if there is something similar to real life is just a coincidence" is related to
some articles in internet which are talking about the Einstein-Penrose bridge which is a kind of wormhole. In Beyond Mankind, H.O.P.E soldiers have to travel to the past to face the enemy. We just created that context to make the text "more real" but it does not mean it exists (at least we don't know yet).

This is one of the articles talking about it, it is in Spanish but it can be translated: https://invdes.com.mx/ciencia-ms/nu...l-en-el-espacio-tiempo-postulan-astrofisicos/

Hope this clarifies, I am here if there is anything else you need to ask ^^

Thanks for the news Eva, and look forward to playing the demo. Just a couple of questions; what game engine you used and what are you plans for release/early-release?

Thanks for the news Eva, and look forward to playing the demo. Just a couple of questions; what game engine you used and what are you plans for release/early-release?

Hello SpoonFULL, nice to meet you.

The engine we are using is Unity Engine, and in relation of the launching, it will be in early 2021 but we will give the exact date very soon. And also we will give some hints and contests.

I will post everything about it here too, if you want to participate :)

Back
Top Bottom