What games are you playing now?

Outer Worlds new DLC - lots & lots of craziness!!

I have such a backlog I decided to just wait for the Switch version. Been hearing decent things (if you like the main game … which I did).

Still tooling around in Risen - just hit Chapter 2 as a Mage. Really enjoying everything about it, hard to believe it has been 8 years since my last replay!

BPM: Beats per Minute. Doom where you shoot/reload/dodge/jump on the beat. It's pretty fun to play. Through in moments of panic I tend to lose the beat, and just die. But it is fun. I also like the music, but could see it getting old.

It's a rogue-like where you have randomly generated dungeon rooms on each run, and you try to make it to the end, while collecting coins and unlocking various stuff. It's pretty fun. The only major downside is the overbearing color palette. It's so over the top sometimes, especially the reds.

Hades on Switch (PC also available)

If you like Diablo-like ARPGs, you will be in for a treat.
This is a very pleasant surprise from Supergiant after the way-too-self-pompous Transistor. Hades is super silly, and I like'em this way better.

Hades on Switch (PC also available)

If you like Diablo-like ARPGs, you will be in for a treat.
This is a very pleasant surprise from Supergiant after the way-too-self-pompous Transistor. Hades is super silly, and I like'em this way better.

I've played Hades ~30 hours in EA and I like it a lot, but I wouldn't compare it to Diablo.

I also played a couple of hours of Hades. Pretty cool gameplay loop. But do you really restart the areas from Tartarus, every time you die? I cleared Tartarus, and died in the next area and was expecting to restart from that next area, not all the way from Tartarus and needing to fight Meg all over again? Am I gonna have to fight her every time? That would suck.

Rn came back to the Witcher 3, so grinding it whenever I have free time. Didn't realize how much I missed the characters and the atmosphere until I launched it again

I also played a couple of hours of Hades. Pretty cool gameplay loop. But do you really restart the areas from Tartarus, every time you die? I cleared Tartarus, and died in the next area and was expecting to restart from that next area, not all the way from Tartarus and needing to fight Meg all over again? Am I gonna have to fight her every time? That would suck.

Hmm... you have to fight a fury every time, I'll put it that way.

And if you're anything like me, and you probably will be because I'm no savant, beating her (or the alternatives) eventually becomes very easy, if not trivial.

Going back to the hub is key to the whole thing, so you can upgrade things and talk to people. And as you move through the levels, choose boons. You do have the ability to skip ahead (by spending health, I think?); I never do it, so my memory is fuzzy on exactly how that works.

Hmm… you have to fight a fury every time, I'll put it that way.

And if you're anything like me, and you probably will be because I'm no savant, beating her (or the alternatives) eventually becomes very easy, if not trivial.

Going back to the hub is key to the whole thing, so you can upgrade things and talk to people. And as you move through the levels, choose boons. You do have the ability to skip ahead (by spending health, I think?); I never do it, so my memory is fuzzy on exactly how that works.

Oh, ok. Thanks for confirming.

I guess it does get easier with multiple reruns, but my first two fights with Meg took quite a bit of time.

Fancying my inner redneck, I play Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (PS4, also on Switch, PC)
The game has a bunch of small quirks and bugs, but overall it has a nice Privateer-feeling.
Also the music is so good I want to upgrade my hipster city car to a Kenworth.

/gone cosplaying Kris Kristofferson as Han Solo

Started playing Mafia: Definitive Edition. It's a pretty faithful remake. Looks good and sounds good.

One thing does irk me. I can't remember if this was the exact some plot line as the original, but how Tommy joins the Mafia is hilariously naive. I mean, he starts out beingt reluctant of helping or being help by Salieri's men, and after one mission he's already onboard with joing the family.

And the same on the other side. That's all it takes to join the mob? Helping, by pure accident, some of their guys once and then torching some cars? Also, Tommy going to 0 to 60 in 1h, from a cab driver wanting to avoid trouble, to wanting to torch a gang's cars is kind of hilarious.

I was either not paying enough attention when I played this game 15+ years ago, or this is new. But it's not very good writing and plot development. Anyways, at least the rest is pretty cool. They do nail the authentic (or what I'd imagine authentic) look of the city.

EDIT: Watched a playthrough of the first missions to rememeber how Tommy's introduction into the Salieri family was done in the original game, and it's better, I think. Don Salieri is still way too trusting and very quickly offers Tommy to join the family, but at least Tommy's motivation is explained a lot better. He says he can no longer work as a cab driver, after his employer finds out about his possible ties to the mob. And also, Tommy is not the one initiating the mission to go and damage Morello's cars as payback for damaging his car. That he gets as a first mission from the Don. So, slightly better I would say. Also, I'm surprised how much they rewrote of the original. I would have thought they would take the script as it was in the original. They also modeled some of the character quite differently.

Anyways, it's a remake, it looks good. I'll have to try and not constantly compare it to the original

Also, another thing I'm just noticing now, and not sure if I noticed this in the original, but the Salieri family is quite small if it's that easy to get to the Don himself. But, it's a game.

Last edited:
Seems I'm one of the only ones that completely missed the Spelunky game. And with the release of Spelunk 2 in 3 days, I thought I'd give it a shot. And it's pretty cool. Platforming in randomly generated levels. So cool.

My only gripe, is the time limit in each level of 2 min 30s, when a Ghost spawns and hunts you across the level. Why did they add that? I'd love to be able to take my time with it.

I'm still playing the EA blobber Legendary Journeys. The dev keeps patching and I keep restarting and testing the new stuff. 4-person party and heavily inspired by MM6. Realtime world but with TB combat. Plenty of content for the $10 price if you don't mind early access. If you don't bother with EA be sure to put this on your wishlist because you won't want to miss it if you like Wiz/MM series. No sci-fi elements.

The first review on Steam:

My wife told me it was her or Spelunky 2...

Spelunky 2 builds on the first game and is bigger and better in every way. It's truly all the companionship you need.

:p

That name Spelunky brings to mind many NSFW images.:lol:

Anyway never even heard of the first game. Probably not my type of game.

As for me I'm replaying Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Started star wars the old republic, kinda boring, lev 26 with a sorcerer after a few hours

Back
Top Bottom