Cyberpunk 2077 - First Person Perspective

To add to the rumours, Gamepressure have 'an inside source' who claims the game will be an action game with RPG elements: https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

Porcozaur is to be credited for finding this.

Guess we'll have to wait for the playable demo at E3 2018. I can only hope the equation Borderlands(FPS + RPG elements) = Cyberpunk 2077 proves to be false. Actually, I hope Cyberpunk 2077 >>> Borderlands(FPS + RPG elements)

Can I get fourth person perspective, please?

Just in case you are wondering: fourth person perspective is playing a character that is playing a character in third person perspective. Or it may be a character that is playing a character that is playing a character that is playing a character in first person perspective (wait, is that right?). It pretty much depends on your perspective.

Tried Witcher 2 twice after having bought the collectors edition and just hated the controls. But I hate 3rd person "action combat" in general if it is made to be played with controllers, meaning target lock and "autocycling" around enemies, being stuck in animations and so on.

So to me this is great news. Now I am actually really interested into that game.

To add to the rumours, Gamepressure have 'an inside source' who claims the game will be an action game with RPG elements: https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758

Porcozaur is to be credited for finding this.

If it feels like the Original Deus Ex, I'm all for it, but if it is like Mass Effect, fuck you CD Projekt Red. I want a deep RPG with choice and consequence and real agency. If they want to make a bland FPS with "RPG mechanics", screw them.

If it feels like the Original Deus Ex, I'm all for it, but if it is like Mass Effect, fuck you CD Projekt Red. I want a deep RPG with choice and consequence and real agency. If they want to make a bland FPS with "RPG mechanics", screw them.

I'm actually afraid it might feel a little too much like Deus Ex now. Not that I don't like Deus Ex, but I want Cyberpunk to be more unique.

I'm quite happy with it, particularly as it's likely to be predominantly a shooter. I've never been particularly fond of their third-person combat experience, and I love the immersion of an FPS.

So long as they include a free camera mode for people to admire themselves and take their selfies, I think people will be OK with it.

I don't see this devolving into a shooter. Maybe an RPG with some shooter elements at worst.

They've talked about having classes like Hacker, Journalist, Rockstar, etc. I can't see why they would bother with those types of classes if the game was predominantly a shooter. Plus there's no way CDPR is going risk alienating their core fanbase.

No, I just phrased that badly. I didn't mean it would be a shooter in that sense, but that the combat is likely to be dominated by gunplay, rather then melee, in this setting. Having an FPS perspective for that is fine by me, as in the Deus Ex games you mentioned.

I didn't mean it would be a shooter in that sense, but that the combat is likely to be dominated by gunplay, rather then melee, in this setting. Having an FPS perspective for that is fine by me, as in the Deus Ex games you mentioned. .
My thinking exactly Ripper as it fits the time period of the setting.:nod:

I'll be fine if it turns out to be similar to something like Mankind Divided in terms of mechanics. Add CDPR's writing and their ability to create meaningful characters and C&C, and we could have something truly special.

I only hope they do a better job with the loot system than what they did with TW3. Make unique weapons, etc, actually feel unique this time, and make the loot in containers feel less random.

but that the combat is likely to be dominated by gunplay, rather then melee, in this setting.

The Cyberpunk PnP settings has a lots of melee options: weapons (from knives to powergloves and other nasty things), cyberaugs and multiple martial art skills with specialized attacks. Most of the base roles have a melee combat skill, while only a few have a gun skill.

Although, I believe since last year that CDProjekt threw the actual Cyberpunk setting out of the window so that's kinda a moot point.

Yeah, that's fine too. The Deus Ex games had some pretty grisly ways of getting all up in someone's business.

So all we can do is wait and see. Damnit… I already sharpened my pitchfork and ignited my torch. What the hell am I supposed to do now?

ps. Here is a picture from our last gathering. ;)

angry-mob.jpg

Last edited:
I was rather interested in this but I simply don't like first person games. Have tried a few and dislike them immensely. So if it ends up mostly, or exclusively, first person, then its off my list. But I have never been a huge fan of this company so not much of a loss for me.

Yeah, that's fine too. The Deus Ex games had some pretty grisly ways of getting all up in someone's business.

I actually think those automatic takedowns in later deus ex games made the game a bit too easy for my taste. I hope they take inspiration from dishonored games for example where first person melee was done expectionally well imo.

Ya I imagine it should to be first person just from what the combat is probably going to be like. Fine with me, third person shooters are balls. Playing something like Dishonored in 3rd person sucks IMO.

I was rather interested in this but I simply don't like first person games. Have tried a few and dislike them immensely. So if it ends up mostly, or exclusively, first person, then its off my list. But I have never been a huge fan of this company so not much of a loss for me.

Eh? Aren't Skyrim and Fallout 4 your all-time favorite games, or am I thinking of a different wolfgrimdark? :)

Back
Top Bottom