After Reset - Interview Questions Wanted (Questions Sent)

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Alright everyone Mr. Nixon of Black Cloud Studios has agreed to do a new interview on our site. So once again I need your help with any questions you guys want answered.

As for me I'm going to talk more about the kickstarter side with him, so questions about the game would be appreciated. The ETA for the interview is two weeks from now.

More information.

Also sorry to say the last interview with Daedalic wont be completed as the publisher has never sent back the answers. So I will stick to indie developers from now on.

On the bright side I gave Myrthos some of your questions for Gamescom. So hopefully look forward to his new interview/preview at a later date.:)

Question is:
- Will they redesign the GUI scaling up their interface window sizes to near full screen so they can put in much bigger fonts so we can enjoy reading character stats and descriptions?
- will they be able to stick to their timeline and deliver?

Yes I threw in quite a lot of the questions for Blackguards 2 during the interview.

Question is:
- Will they redesign the GUI scaling up their interface window sizes to near full screen so they can put in much bigger fonts so we can enjoy reading character stats and descriptions?

I don't have a problem reading the fonts, but then again I almost never have that problem. I realise it must be a majpr pain in the ass to have that problem when alot of us don't see it at all. Kind of like the people who are colour blind, those of us who aren't will never understand and report the problem in a beta.

If it hasn't already been answered...

What kind of modding support will After Reset have? Can we expect nearly-full moddability, as in Fallout New Vegas?

Question is:

No offence, but I see that you often comment on fonts. Why not just save up a bit of money and upgrade that 15-20" screen (or whatever you're using?) Insta-fix for all games. 28-30" is pretty nice, but on a 24" i have no problem reading fonts in any RPG (even the ones with "tiny" fonts). It's also a good idea to check if you need glasses, goes without saying i guess..

No offence, but I see that you often comment on fonts. Why not just save up a bit of money and upgrade that 15-20" screen (or whatever you're using?) Insta-fix for all games. 28-30" is pretty nice, but on a 24" i have no problem reading fonts in any RPG (even the ones with "tiny" fonts). It's also a good idea to check if you need glasses, goes without saying i guess..

I kind of assumed he's already using a decent size monitor and maybe glasses too. I was on the verge of writing something similar to your post (since I've seen Mercy comment on font size so many times) but then I realized that it must really be tiresome to always have to struggle to be able to read what's on the screen. If he's playing on a 15'' monitor like on laptop, then yeah, upgrade the monitor size. But I really don't think he would complain about the fonts if he was playing on a monitor that small?

Yes I threw in quite a lot of the questions for Blackguards 2 during the interview.
Can't wait to read it.:thumbsup:

Now it's been one day and we only have three questions. Is no one interested in the game? I'll leave the news-bit up till September 4th so everyone has a chance.

I have a few questions (feel free to rework / truncate them or whatever):

This game has been promoted as being a kind of spiritual successor to Fallout 1 & 2. Why then did Black Cloud Studios decide to go with a Real-time with pause combat system rather than tactical turn-based like Fallout 1 & 2 had?

What elements do you think are most lacking in modern day CRPGs? How will After Reset help fill that void?

The original Kickstarter for After Reset had a goal of $900K. The second KS campaign (to fund the prologue / Early Access release) ended up with about $95K. Do you think you can realistically hope to earn the additional $800K needed to complete development of After Reset through Steam Early Access? If not, do you have plans to seek additional funding through other sources (e.g., publishers, private investors, etc.).

sorry to say the last interview with Daedalic wont be completed as the publisher has never sent back the answers. So I will stick to indie developers from now on.

Maybe they were overwhelmed by our interest. :)
Next time I would advice to settle on how many questions is feasible for them. I think that Daedalic is more open towards fans than bigger publishers so hopefully there will be next opportunity in the future.

On the bright side I gave Myrthos some of your questions for Gamescom.

Thank you for that, Wisepotato… eh, Couchpotato. :biggrin: I was really interested in this interview, I wrote several question regarding their design and next TDE game.

————————

Questions for After Reset team:

- Some fans and reviewers are somewhat biased against "reality" in games. It seems they dont understand it and think its "against fun". Do you have some message for them?
- Can you compare the design and gameplay of After Reset to Fallout serie? What are main differences, advantages and disadvantages?
- How is the world implemented? One big open world or set of separate locations (maps)?
- Do you have some fresh ideas for the post-apo setting that you didnt uncover yet? Because your basic plot is usual cliché - I dont say its bad but we see it in every post-apo.
- How much effort do you put into a story? Does it have minor role (so player will mostly explore and solve unrelated side quests) or do you plan to make it important to tie whole experience up?
- Do you plan to make ammo really rare in order to make melee weapon (+ some simple armors) more important and usefull?
- How important will be crafting for survival?
- Do you plan some mechanics for more realistic damage, healing and recovery? For example - full recovery needs more time than usual in games, damaged arms are unusable for some time… (I recall Robinsons Requiem now :) )
- What are the most common mistakes in contemporary RPGs in your opinion?
- What do you think about recent gaming trends like KS campaigns, F2P, forced online components, streamlining (dumbing down), over-the-top action/gore…?

Thanks for the questions Farflame.:thumbsup:
Maybe they were overwhelmed by our interest. :)
Next time I would advice to settle on how many questions is feasible for them. I think that Daedalic is more open towards fans than bigger publishers so hopefully there will be next opportunity in the future.
It's probably because of Gamescom, and the other interviews from other well known sites. I usually prefer to stick to kickstarter interviews anyway.

Now if only the Balrum developers would check their e-mail.
Thank you for that, Wisepotato… eh, Couchpotato. :biggrin: I was really interested in this interview, I wrote several question regarding their design and next TDE game.
Your welcome as I do it to help the smaller developers.:blush:

Anyway after Myrthos told me was also doing another interview at Gamescom I knew giving him the questions would help. So it was a good backup plan.

Alright everyone you have two days left before I stop accepting questions.

So send them now if you have any.:)

Most questions go into the direction "What is similar to Fallout?"

I turn the tables around and ask "What gameplay elements of After Reset are NOT to find in the Fallout series? … and please tell us why you implemented these new elements"

Hmm. I'm interested in this game but I haven't checked out much about it yet.

My question would be - Can you talk about how character statistics are incorporated and the role they play in the gameplay? How do various stats change how you interact with the world, both in combat and non-combat situations?

Time for another update.:bow:

I sent the questions to Mr. Nixon today so expect the interview in the next week. Thank you once again for the questions guys as it makes my job a lot easier.

I also sent your questions Mercy.;)

Update: I'm still waiting for the answers as Mr. Nixon is busy this week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom