Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Sometime next year people will be able to buy and play VC4.
http://portal.valkyria.jp/new/en/

1_1510961081.jpg

Platforms: PS4/XBone/NintendoWhatnot

Sega's weather forecast message to PC audience: VC4 is not coming to PC.

22311429.gif

Last edited:
I loved VC1, never played 2 or 3 as they never came for PS3 or PS4 (no handhelds for me), and the real time crap of Valkyria Revolutions was never an option. I can only hope they port 2 and 3 to PS4 some day.

Yeah, that part about PSP only sequels is odd. Maybe they signed some decade long exclusivity contract?
Additionally the third game is not even available in english. It's hard to believe Sega will suddenly decide to port them both so I guess they'll end up completely forgotten. Which, assuming they're at least half as good as VC1, is a shame.

The first one was great. Such a pity no PC release

I thought the original was ok. The combat was fun, but the characters and dialogue were terribly childish in that typical JRPG fashion.

Will not; not on pc - actually I saw this article somewhere else this morning. They suggested it was likely it would show up on the pc if it sold ok.

Sometime next year people will be able to buy and play VC4.
http://portal.valkyria.jp/new/en/

1_1510961081.jpg

Platforms: PS4/XBone/NintendoWhatnot

Sega's weather forecast message to PC audience: VC4 is not coming to PC.

22311429.gif

The one on PC was cool. Wish it had more difficulty options, i.e. disabling saving mid-battle. That could lead to cheesing through tough battles and, well, it was hard to resist. :) The game was made for it, really, so couldn't do much.

Story was cool, characters were cute, charming, typical yet above average JRPG stuff there. Combat was really quite cool, though. Very unique, moving your squad across dangerous battlefields, etc.. Some interesting ideas but I never did finish it, didn't even get close. May return to it someday.

Or maybe I'll play @joxer;'s favorite, Last Remnant! :)

the characters and dialogue were terribly childish in that typical JRPG fashion.
This is what keeps me away from most JRPGs, alas. Sometimes I can overcome it, but I've regretted buying so many that I've finally learnt my lesson and am a bit more circumspect now. I've owned the first VC for quite a while now. Sometime I'll get back on that bike and give it a go...

Or maybe I'll play @joxer;'s favorite, Last Remnant! :)
Favorite my arse.
I've already stated why I can't recommend TLR to anyone. Except developers who want to try some new combat systems to check how an unique style can be ruined with grind.
terribly childish in that typical JRPG fashion.
Actually the graphics is also childish in that game, there is no blood and gore although the game is about war. Which didn't stop me to call it nearmasterpiece.

Censoring, selfcensoring and trying to avoid bans on international market led to this "childesness", not just in VC1. Because the game wasn't available on PC on release, there were no modders to add at least some nudity.

Anyway, don't blame it on developers. Next time you vote, check who wants to get rid of censorship. When it's gone, also will Nintendo childish designs.

Looks good in the trailer and Ragnarok looks way better than that fool pig.

So, is it proper to start taking bets on which of the characters is going to die?

I have yet to finish VC1 (first time I rage-quit in some mission I failed after a few attempts, second time I didn't even get to that point, I'm getting suckier at tactics I guess). Then I'll play VC2 and 3 in an emulator probably.

VC1's story was a tad too melodramatic for me, but I loved the setting and aesthetics of the game. Will always give this series a chance.

I thought the gameplay in the first one was great. Reminded me how infrequently I really enjoy the gameplay in modern games.

If you played it on PC, then yes, gameplay with K+M is spectacular. Not once I said that game breathes as if it was ment for PC in the first place.
But playing it with mushrooms? I don't think it could be fun. Seems console audience thought the same - the game sold some small number of copies on consoles. And those copies mostly ended up like in azarhal's case. Never finished.

No azarhal it's not tactics, it's controls. Thus I refuse playing VC2&3 with mushroom emulators.
If someone still suspect tactics, then hint for all those who have problems with VC1 - make sure scouts are at least one level higher than other classes. If you're in the middle of it, grind a few misions then improve scouts.

Sega has confirmed that this game will indeed be released for all of our lovely computers. Oh happy day!!
Good news thanks for sharing that Carnifex.:party:
Now we just need 2 & 3 released on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom