HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Gothic remake will be developed:

Yes, we do it! The Gothic Remake is going to happen

Next step is to set up a Barcelona based studio and head into main production

Barcelona, Spain / Vienna, Austria, February 19th, 2020: Just a little over two months after releasing a playable teaser for the Gothic Remake and asking the players for their feedback, the answer is clear: The fans are up for a new "old" Gothic game and the vast majority (read: 94,8%) was in favour to develop a remake of the iconic German RPG Gothic, originally released in 2001.

Over 180.000 players have played the playable teaser so far. On the evening (CET) of February 16 2020, THQ Nordic took the survey offline, and hereby publicly releases the raw data of the survey, as well as highlight graphs. With more than 43.000 answered surveys and over 9.000 (yes, really!) reviews on Steam and various discussions on all social media platforms, there is enough data to check.

Eager to check for yourself? As we want to start a transparent and open production with the community from the very start of the project, we are happy to offer you the results of our survey in a neat PDF file or - for the people who really want to dig into the raw data - the entire dataset with all 43.111 participants included.
Thanks JDR13!

More information.

Oh please, do it! Pretty please!

Right. Two months AFTER release: ‘Gothic Remake was bought more times than the original’. Would not surprise me. If they don’t screw it up.

Anyone knows how many people played/bought Gothic 1, or 2?

Right. Two months AFTER release: ‘Gothic Remake was bought more times than the original’. Would not surprise me. If they don’t screw it up.

Anyone knows how many people played/bought Gothic 1, or 2?

Due to this statement each of the RPGs Gothic 1, 2 and 3 sold 500k units on Steam alone.

The remake convinced me to replay both G1 and G2 (+NoTR) and I'm glad I did; I had a blast!! :)

Very exciting news. I hope it isn't "just a remake" though, with updated graphics.

I dare say it would be awesome if they could put new and cool monsters in the game, as well as new dungeons, new treasure items like magical gear, and maybe even expand the land mass and put in new areas? Gothic 1, despite all its wonder and "amazing-ness", felt a bit confined and restricted in land mass and areas to explore. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by huge open worlds these days…

What I'm saying is keep the fantastic and great story line and atmosphere of the first game, but also enhance it. That would be the cat's meow.

I think it should have the original as is with updated graphics and such and then an alternative version or enhanced version.

I would probably play the enhanced version but think some people would love to replay the original.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If I can't be a meatbug, I'll cry.

Last edited:
Will I finally get that Gothic game Im waiting for, since Gothic 2? Probably not, but who knows, maybe it will be decent remake.

I'll call this good news, at least for now. And like others have said, I will likely replay the earlier games again sooner rather than later because they are just so much fun!

Fingers crossed THQ finishes the remake.:fingerscrossed:

Don't care if it's not 100 percent accurate or emulates the old Gothic game.

I'd be happy just for updated graphics and keeping the story as-is. That was the charm. The game world never felt constricted or too small to me.

Some games just don't need an update, but Gothic was way too buggy back in the day for me to persist with, so I'm glad it's getting one.

Looking forward to it.

Exciting news. Hopefully they deliver. The combat system in that demo needs more work though, but it is shaping up nicely.

Well it's interesting that THQ Nordic has revealed their hand. Up until now they mostly just behaved like a European holding company, with new games and ports coming from their subsidiaries.

Gothic is my favorite game series of all time. So when I heard about this, I was excited too. Then I played the 'playable' demo.

The playable demo is barely playable. Also, I'm pretty sure this is not going to be made by Piranha Byes. So my hopes are no longer up.

Back
Top Bottom