How to do a successful Kickstarter

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
I thought it might be interesting to discuss this question. The Seven Dragon Saga made me think about it - it's a game I'd really like to see, but I think they've screwed the pooch on the campaign.

Let's look at some successful and unsuccessful examples, at what works and what doesn't. What do you guys think, before I start banging on?

Sorry, but the topic is too wide for just a forum. If you were concentrated on games crowdfunding, okay. Even better, RPG kickstarters.
But it's looks about those salads and rediculous child drawings, and I just can't discuss that stuff where people irritated and disappointed by something else throw money on silly stuff just because the project was not misleading, sorry.

Narrowing the topic to only video games (non casual, PC/Mac/Linux only).

I was analysing the reward tiers and got to this conclusions:
- everything below "Diggital Game download" makes no sense, althrough the $1 tier is an exception (for other reasons than money)
- rewards that ask backers to do something "design...", "invent an NPC stotyline", "invent a quest and a dialogue" are not popular
- rewards that are about bragging like "we make an NPC out of you" are very popular (it's easy to mix these with the above ones, the distinction here is that backers can stay lazy and do nothing :))

Back
Top Bottom