Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Its your Turn

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous announces turn based will be apart of the game.

It's Your TURN

Owlcat GamesCreator
February 14, 2020
Dear Pathfinders,

We know that many of you are eager to see a turn-based mode in our new CRPG. And though our creative vision for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is real-time with pause--we've designed and balanced the game to be played that way--we don't want to ignore the voices of a huge part of our community that is asking for turn-based mode. We see all your comments, and we know just how much you want this. The truth is that we've been working on this for quite some time already, and the plan was to announce it later once we had a playable demo. But with all the enthusiasm in the community, we decided to share it with you now.

It is official now: we will be introducing a turn-based combat option in Wrath of the Righteous!

The mod community is amazing, and we are thankful for all the work they did with Pathfinder: Kingmaker. We took inspiration from Hsinyu's mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109

Once again, we want to stress out that our new CRPG is designed and balanced for RTWP, but with that, we're aiming to develop a turn-based mode to bring the game closer to a tabletop experience and give more control over combat for those of you, who prefer to play turn-by-turn. You will be able to control every action your characters take. More than that, we want to give you more tools to plan ahead and employ tactics based on your party's unique composition and abilities. You will be able to switch between modes on the fly, without the need to reload the location, which will give you the ability to fight any encounter in either mode at any moment.

There is still much work to do: we took the user mod as a starting point, and then we spent a long time reconsidering the interface, and also adding some useful features--for example, we will add the ability to see the exact path your character will take toward their target, taking static obstacles and other characters into account. You will also be able to see any attacks of opportunity that enemies are going to make if the character takes this path.

More info on turn-based mode will be revealed later, after we finish the Kickstarter campaign.

To arms, crusaders! Now it's your TURN.

Owlcats

More information.

Oh my god, I love them. Didnt see this coming at all so its huge surprise. Its like second Christmas :-D. Hope those who prefer RTwP wont get too annoyed. Its just optional after all.

Still have to play Kingmaker with the turn-based mod, but this is incredible news. Especially since you can switch on the fly while playing! Glad I backed again!

I tried the TB mode in Pillars 2 and it was awesome. I hope they do a good job with this game. Plus, mods will officially be supported. Keeping my eye on this.

While indifferent to this I was very impressed that they went out of their way to not only link the Nexus mod but indicate it was somewhat their inspiration or starting point to look at the idea. Kudos for that.

Okay so NOW it will be faithful to the PnP rules. :) It'd be cool if we had a choice though: self-driving RtwP for trash mobs; turn-based for boss encounters.

...er, read the post again, you can swap modes on the fly!! :)

So cool... I bounced off the first game after a while, as a non-RTwP fan. I liked a lot of the rest of the game but combat wasn't fun for me. This announcement is enough for me to back the new game.

So what I was jokingly asking for all this time?? OH YEAH A turn-based Pathfinder!! :D :D

So they not only are using a mod as an inspiration to improve their game but they are also giving credit to the mod author?
Are you seeing this Bethesda?

Nice.

However I think that this was a wasted chance to collect more money. It would have been extremely popular as a stretch goal.

Nice.

However I think that this was a wasted chance to collect more money. It would have been extremely popular as a stretch goal.

I thought the exact same thing. Why just give it away. I will back it now though.

Isn't it already though? I'm not convinced that individual stretch goals actually do much to sell a game; they're all about the publicity. This one is bound to bring more notice.

Last edited:
Just no…please tell me it ain't so…not another game infected by turn-based cooties.

Damn you grognards.:end:

Ok, they have my attention. I may have to pledge this one after all. I wonder how likely it is they'll screw up shipping the collectors' edition the way they did with Kingmaker, when they sent me two of them for some unknown reason.

While indifferent to this I was very impressed that they went out of their way to not only link the Nexus mod but indicate it was somewhat their inspiration or starting point to look at the idea. Kudos for that.
Yeah, I think the modder is very happy that his work was appreciated in this way!

Even thinking about increasing my pledge...

Back
Top Bottom