Witcher Director's Cut patch as a torrent?

The Witcher

Ovenall

SasqWatch
Just installed the Witcher EE last night and successfully patched it to 1.5. Played it for a while until I needed to go to sleep. Great game so far!

I've been trying to download the Director's Cut patch today and can't get it to download. I keep stalling out after 40MB or so, no matter where I try to download it from.

Does anyone have a link to a .torrent I can get it from? I only want to try to download the patch from torrent, not the whole game - that's illegal. I just want the free patch and can't seem to directly download it for some reason.

Any other ideas are appreciated as well. Thanks for your help.

Question about this patch-

I installed it, and it must have done something... I can now play without the DVD in the drive, which is nice. I started a new game and have played now up to the point where I've finished several quests in the first small town area. And I haven't noticed anything different. The sex scene with Triss seemed exactly the same as pre-patch and there was no nudity. I haven't noticed a single other change either. The patch was pretty big, making me think it must have changed things enough to at least notice.

I don't really care about the nudity, but I'm concerned the patch wasn't applied correctly. Are there other changes I'm not seeing? Am I missing something?

Well the patch must have worked if you can play without the DVD. I don't remember if it actually changed the sex scenes, I thought it was just the cards that were changed.

See if you can find a video on YouTube that confirms the same scene.

Ha.

So it's a 250+ MB patch that changes some pixels on the sex cards (dumbest thing in the whole game anyway, IMO) and lets you play without a CD in the drive? Those are the only changes? What the hell in in those 250+ MBs anyway?

Thanks for the info. I forgot about the extra adventures... I was thinking they were part of the Enhanced Edition. I only just started playing it a couple nights ago. Really, really enjoying it so far.

Anyway, the card for Triss doesn't have any nudity, and looked the same as when I saw it the night before pre-patch. That's why I brought this up. *shrug*

Anyone want to share opinions on the fan made adventures?

Never tried any of the fan made stuff, they just didn't appeal to me.

I did play both of the official modules, The Price of Neutrality, and Side Effects.
They're worth playing if you're craving more Witcher, but they're not on the same level as the game itself.

Each of those can be completed in a day, and The Price of Neutrality is by far the better of the two.

Ovenall, you wont see the changes for a little while. I thought the same things at first, that the patch hadnt been applied. You have to wait a little while til the r-rated stuff really starts rolling in. Triss's first card is quite innocent even post DC patch, and the sex scenes dont have any nudity that Ive seen thus far.

Swing your salami in the witch's direction, you'll see the change

OK, I saw some nudity. Again, the sex angle is just dumb. It seems tacked on and I hope it's integrated into the story better in Witcher 2.

I am absolutely loving the game otherwise. I can't believe I haven't played until now.

Back
Top Bottom