What games are you playing now?

I'm almost done with Tomb Raider Anniversary (PC) and am heavily into the point-and-click adventure game Secrets of Atlantis (PC).

On the PSP after finishing up Ace Combat X, and working through a preview version of Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground, I am now playing AfterBurner: Black Falcon, another flying combat game - this one totally on-rails and arcade-ish.

The DS is starting something new with Touch the Dead (DS) - zombie killin', how can you go wrong?.

Since replacing my berzerk video card, I've been able to return to my favorite
addiction(Titan Quest + expansion). I think I will be able to stop once I beat the legendary difficulty...I can stop anytime I want, right...right???

Also have Gothic2 reinstalled. Got it when it came out and got about a third of the way along before my theiving skills were called to the fore(I suck at being a theif) and I gave up. Now I'm trying to decide if I should get G2Gold for the Night of the Raven thing before I get started again.

Then there's Icewind Dale 2--I have a little party going in that from when my Big Rig was down and I was using the old pc--I never finished this one and I am enjoying it a lot. Some of the dialogue is just cracking me up.

Also have Gothic2 reinstalled. Got it when it came out and got about a third of the way along before my theiving skills were called to the fore(I suck at being a theif) and I gave up. Now I'm trying to decide if I should get G2Gold for the Night of the Raven thing before I get started again.
In a word - yes.

In more detail - Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Seriously - you can get G2Gold for *really* cheap - likely ~$10 - and the NotR adds a ton of stuff to the game. My original G2 discs are stored away at this point, which reminds me ... I *really* want to replay G2 again soon ...

So you're saying I should get it? ;)

Yeah I saw it at gogamer for $15--$10 is even better if I can find it. I have to admit that the Gothic flavor is one of my all time favorites, even though I have to play one of the most unambiguously male characters of all time...something I normally pass on, since getting in touch with my inner male tends to make me even bossier.
( "Damn it, get away from that frying pan. I know how to cook my own rat haunch!)

But in PS:T and Gothic it's okay. It works to be that person because of the story. I'm hoping the Witcher will be similar.

So you're saying I should get it? ;)

Yeah I saw it at gogamer for $15--$10 is even better if I can find it.
I know I've posted about Goozex in the past, don't know if you have any interest in game trading, but for folks in North America it is a really nice system. The Gothic 2 Gold listing is 100 points, which is the lowest amount in the system - even if you paid money for trades and points it would still only be $10.

Gothic 2 +NOTR is much better than original Gothic 2. Just be forwarned, it's an extremely unforgiving game in terms of difficulty.

As far as price is concerned, who cares? Gothic 2 Gold is one of the best crpg's you can have period! Even if it was $50-$60 it would be worth every penny!

As far as price is concerned, who cares? Gothic 2 Gold is one of the best crpg's you can have period! Even if it was $50-$60 it would be worth every penny!

I agree - that is why I didn't pause for a second buying G2Gold when I already had G2 (and why I didn't worry when I bought 2 copies of G1 on eBay) ... but if you can get it for $10, why pay more?

You can circumvent them if you know where they are though.
Hmmm ... never hit one in either of my playthroughs (shouldn't say that ... looking to start again soon ... )

I know what you mean. FF7 is a mixed bag, it has a cool story, but it does tend to drag on a bit at times. I think you would have enjoyed it a lot more if you played it back when it was released. That game is nearly 10 years old now and didn't age as well as some of the other FF games(IV, V, and VI were all much better imo.)

I am having more fun now. I am only 40% through but I have spent alot of extra time grinding my characters. As a completist, FF7 offers me lots of stuff to do and I have made sure that I do not miss anything on the Gold Saucer. :)

yeah notr was the only time in a gothic game where i ever had to give myself a marvin. it is a superb addon though and i imagine partially responsible for setting themselves up for fandoom with gothic 3.

Hmm... I never hit any game-breaking bugs in NOTR either. Oh well.... @ Magerette: It is an absolute must to have when playing G2. Don't even think about playing through the whole game without the add-on!!!! It is probably the most quality add-on of any I've ever purchased, changing the whole atmosphere of the game.

Yep,

NOTR adds an excellently designed, brilliantly atmospheric, huge new area to G2
(fantastic music too).

It also ties loose ends that made some parts of vanilla G2 seem a bit irrelevant,
adds dialog and depth to many characters, figures cameo apearances from many
G1 favorites, rebalances the game to G1 difficulty and then some (loved that) and generally adds quests monsters and other bits of content through out the
game.

G2 plain, ceased to exist for me without the addon...

I even bought the german Gold edition and played with the English speaking mod so I didnt have to wait for a whole year...

Heh, come to think of it NOTR fixed all my initial complaints with G2...
I dearly hoped for a repeat performance with G3 (which I am playing
now btw, to briefly return on topic ;) ) alas...

Yep,

NOTR adds an excellently designed, brilliantly atmospheric, huge new area to G2
(fantastic music too).

It also ties loose ends that made some parts of vanilla G2 seem a bit irrelevant,
adds dialog and depth to many characters, figures cameo apearances from many
G1 favorites, rebalances the game to G1 difficulty and then some (loved that) and generally adds quests monsters and other bits of content through out the
game....

Okay, you guys. You talked me into it. G2Gold is ordered. I look forward to seeing the gameplay rebalanced to G1 levels--the unforgiving nature of screwing up and waltzing into the wrong place at the wrong level was an inspiration to develop your character or die!

@ c.undead: What is this MARVIN thing, a mod? I don't usually use those unless it is just a mechanics adjustment.

otherwise known as the console. i am not 'mod friendly' in most cases and don't like consoles either though their value is much higher when they are actually needed. there is a bug in notr that many encounter with a certain relay of an artifact that doesn't want to be handed over if not done in the 'correct' order.

I hate it when an artifact gets uppity. :)

I've used the console in a few games, but not many--HoMM3 once or twice to get 5 black dragons after being totally wiped out by cheating AI enemy heroes with an endless supply of high level troops, the instant travel thing in Arcanum, like that...:)

Thanks, curious, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, I guess.

there is only one version of the english version of gothic 2 gold to my knowledge since basicilly it is a very large and loaded patch itself.

I have a copy of Gothic 2 Gold but have never actually played it yet. I finished Gothic 2 using an imported UK copy and then later finished Gothic+NOTR using a US copy with a German copy of NOTR and the translation patch.

Does the bug happen every time if you do things as descibed by Pladio? Because I'm pretty sure I've done exactly that without encountering the bug.

Back
Top Bottom