Sacred 2 - Character Classes Press Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ascaron sent out the following press release on character classes for Sacred 2, possibly to give the PR guys something to do. It names the six classes, although we still know nothing about most of them. Here you go:
SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel is the highly anticipated sequel to SACRED; one of the most successful action RPGs ever created.

In SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel the player assumes the role of a character and delves into a thrilling story packed full of quests and secrets to be unravelled. Breathtaking combat arts and sophisticated spells are waiting to be mastered. A multitude of weapons and items will be available, with a variety of bonuses allowing players to enhance their character and create a unique and distinct hero.

The six characters that the player can choose from are Dryad, Seraphim, High Elf, Inquisitor, Temple Guardian and Shadow Warrior.

Of the two available campaigns (Light and Shadow), the Seraphim follows the path of peace, while the Inquisitor is destined to journey in the shadows. Dryad, High Elf, Temple Guardian and Shadow Warrior may become either heroes who strive to prevent the world lapsing into final chaos, or villains who spread the chaos for their own benefit.

All the characters have access to different mounts. These mounts provide a new approach to adventuring and combat. In addition to using combat arts and spellcasting while mounted, each of the mounts is devastating in its own right.

The Seraphim, or Fallen Angels, are mystical, angelic creatures; the oldest inhabitants of Ancaria. Fast and elegant, the most striking feature of the Seraphim is her wings, which serve as a deadly weapon but also as protective armour. In SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel the player can assume the role of the Seraphim and protect the world from chaos. The Seraphim unique mount is the tiger; a fast and powerful creature.

The Shadow Warrior is a mighty force in battle! Enslaved and trained by the High Elves, he excels at melee fighting. They turned him into an elite warrior to follow only one burning ambition: victory in battle! He died on the battlefield but was brought back to life from his eternal slumber. Now, he travels between the realm of the dead and the world of the living. Torn between good and evil the player can take on the role of a Shadow Warrior and fight for the peace and liberation of Ancaria or pursue the dark path in order to reach the ultimate power. The Shadow Warrior rides the hellhound, a fierce mount making the Shadow Warrior a formidable opponent.

Further details about the ancient Seraphim, the fearsome Shadow Warrior and the remaining four characters will be unveiled in the coming months leading up to the release of SACRED 2 – Fallen Angel in Q1 2008.
More information.

Haven't had a lot of discussion here about this one, but I know many have played the original Sacred. I have to say I enjoyed it as a hacknslash but Divine Divinity really did all the same things a little better, plus actually having some role playing.

But this sequel does look like they are trying to do more than just remake the original with a modern look. The Light and Dark campaigns are a nice addition, though nothing all that groundbreaking.

Interesting to see how it goes.

There's actually some nice ones in the Watch gallery.

nah, the shots of the Seraphim dont count ='.'=

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm tired of looking at her. I'd like to see some shots of the other classes already!

Here's a link to the official site showing mostly the little hottie, but also a few of the Shadow Warrior. He looks a bit Hellgatish around the edges.

I enjoyed the original, but as magerette says there is little reason to play again as it is surrounded by other games that do it all better. Still hopeful for some fun from this.

Back
Top Bottom