Jinx: Womb of Cosmos - An Epic Gothic Fantasy RPG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
attachment.php

Greetings and salutations!

The Development Team of Jinx : Womb of Cosmos is ready to present to you an epic Gothic fantasy RPG with turn based combat system. We are eager to share with you our content and get back from you feedback, your opinions and any input you might have. You can visit our website forum and connect with us on our social media channels(facebook,twitter). Let us know your thoughts about the game!

The star-crossed group of heroes including Jinx, the mysterious masked Etherweaver (that's a spellcaster), Colleen, the Ursidae (that's a panda) beastwoman bodyguard, and Blood, the grumpy but poetic (that's his imagination) bulldog, are ecstatic to reveal that their journey's end grows nearer and nearer, and they would like to respectfully point out a few helpful points that may capture your interest.

attachment.php

Features

• A unique trio of heroes
A masked, mute Elementalist, a vegetarian bulldog with an obsession for poetry and a beastwoman bodyguard on her path to atonement.​
  • Compelling story line
There is no prophecy, there are no written destinies, you don't need to save the world. You are as important as your actions suggest.​
  • 200+ Spells & Abilities
Customize your heroes as you see fit by choosing from a plethora of abilities spanning over 13 different ability groups plus numerous unique weapon powers.​
  • Challenging turn-based combat
Never underestimate your enemies; even apparently trivial opponents can prove deadly.​
  • Personalized armaments and a variety of modifiable equipment
Why would you let go of your ancestral weapon to get a +1 one? There are many more techniques to unlock as you master it's use and unlock its powers. Of course, there are always trinkets to find that will adore that ancestral mace, or trophies to collect from those hard-won victories, and there are always ways to fiddle with those rewards to make them better.​
  • World exploration & treasure hunting
Explore beautiful locations and discover those obvious or hidden details that will bring you one step closer to self-awareness and perfection.​
  • Dungeon delving
Not all of your travels will be above ground, and those that lead you underground may prove the most perilous. The dungeons of Amelor, whether known or hidden, feature obvious and hidden routes, devious traps of all kinds and, of course, denizens that may take offense at your trespassing.​
  • Journal and questing
Your journal is your most valuable ally; you may never forget your epic deeds, but someone needs to keep notes about those everyday events you may need to recall down the path. Get off that path frequently, by the way; there are many opportunities to find people in need of aid, rare beasts in need of handling, and unique rewards waiting to be claimed.​
  • Multiple ways to build your power
Acquire combat experience from challenging battles to perfect your fighting technique, gather lore from exploring locales, talk to wise men, study tomes of knowledge, or take the risk to observe a wild beast while it's trying to chew on your friends… every action taken, every bit of knowledge gathered, every mystery uncovered, every secret discovered, prepares you better for what comes ahead.​
  • Your Own Castle
Delve in Castle Sin, a gloomy, almost abandoned stronghold that you will need to restore and use efficiently in order to survive the harsh environments and harsher circumstances. Restock your supplies, improve your equipment, indulge yourselves in not-so-meaningless chit-chat with your undead servants and your homunculus butler, or just marvel at your progress and the trophies you have gathered.​

attachment.php

Moreover we would like to inform you that Jinx: Womb of Cosmos will be available as an Early Access game on Steam (Win/Mac/Linux) and GoG on mid-December 2016.

The Early Access will consist of 5 phases, each of them adding 3-5 new areas, while most of the core mechanics will be available during Phase One.

Our plans are to port to Xbox One and PS4 during the first two phases of Early Access.

A Kickstarter campaign will be launched mid-September.

Our first combat gameplay demo will be available during summer, via our website and our page in IndieDB.

We have been working on a comic and a book containing short stories from the Jinx universe. Both of them will become available via Amazon mid-summer.
We are planning to release the first pages of the comic for free during the next couple of months.

Attachments

• Jinx-Header-Small.jpg
    Jinx-Header-Small.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 154
  • wip_wraithrim_notice_board.jpg
    wip_wraithrim_notice_board.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 154
  • jwoc_cs_entrance_01.jpg
    jwoc_cs_entrance_01.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 84
Welcome to RPGWatch, liriam & Blood!

Thank You for the information and Good Luck with your project!

Thank you very much HiddenX. :)

Don't like the non-standard character gimmick, so I'll wait until if it is released and see if the reviews are good. I like creating my own character.

Don't like the non-standard character gimmick, so I'll wait until if it is released and see if the reviews are good. I like creating my own character.

Me too, but which of the classic jrpgs allowed character creation? (and budget wise it would be a suicide for us)

You should play the demo when it's released and if you still don't like our troupe of misfits then this game ain't for you (though I doubt that:p)

Blood, nothing at all against your game. It should do well.

The J wasn't specified in the thread title. I don't play jRPGs at all. There are a ton of folks here who do though. I will still look at the demo, but I'm not the target audience, which is fine. A dog, a panda-girl and a dude that doesn't talk. If the girl is a were-panda, why the tail? Pandas don't have tails…..

Blood, nothing at all against your game. It should do well.

The J wasn't specified in the thread title. I don't play jRPGs at all. There are a ton of folks here who do though. I will still look at the demo, but I'm not the target audience, which is fine. A dog, a panda-girl and a dude that doesn't talk. If the girl is a were-panda, why the tail? Pandas don't have tails…..

I am more of a crpg fan myself as well.

Colleen is a Beastwoman (one of the four major races) of the Ursidae subrace. And well she does not have a tail :)

Please don't call him a dog...he gets upset.

I'm generally not a big fan of JRPGs and like CRPGnut I prefer to create my own player character. (Although you at least mention lots of ways to customize characters, which is something). Graphics looks nice as well.

I prefer turn-based tactical combat, but Standard JRPG (turn-based) combat tends to be pretty boring… There's a few games that have found ways to make it a bit more interesting, Celestian Tales, Radiant Historia, Suikoden.. Since you describe the combat as challenging perhaps there are some tactical / strategic elements to it? I like the type of challenge that requires me to think up a plan / try different tactics; challenge due to enemies being damage- sponges, greatly outnumber me, etc. so that I can only win by dumb luck- not so much.

Perhaps I'm not really the target audience either, but I will check out the demo anyway.

I'm generally not a big fan of JRPGs and like CRPGnut I prefer to create my own player character. (Although you at least mention lots of ways to customize characters, which is something). Graphics looks nice as well.

I prefer turn-based tactical combat, but Standard JRPG (turn-based) combat tends to be pretty boring… There's a few games that have found ways to make it a bit more interesting, Celestian Tales, Radiant Historia, Suikoden.. Since you describe the combat as challenging perhaps there are some tactical / strategic elements to it? I like the type of challenge that requires me to think up a plan / try different tactics; challenge due to enemies being damage- sponges, greatly outnumber me, etc. so that I can only win by dumb luck- not so much.

Perhaps I'm not really the target audience either, but I will check out the demo anyway.

Hey hey! What do you consider as a breakthrough in Suikoden's combat?
Apart from that our battles are far from typical in terms of strategic planning. There are no "stupid" or "toned down" enemies, and I am not talking about their abilities but the way they utilize them.

We are still improving the AI to be certain that we are not going to deliver just another jrpg battle system.

Hey hey! What do you consider as a breakthrough in Suikoden's combat?
Apart from that our battles are far from typical in terms of strategic planning. There are no "stupid" or "toned down" enemies, and I am not talking about their abilities but the way they utilize them.

We are still improving the AI to be certain that we are not going to deliver just another jrpg battle system.

Personally I can't stand JRPGS though for some reason this game has my interest big time so far.

As for making your own character VS one you play. That will always be a conversation here for all time.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Creating? That's it? For me building is much more important and it last a lot longer than creation phase.

Roleplay? Ha well for me CRPG are weak for roleplay, it's not pen&paper and human master.

But yeah a main character with a personality from the writing is pretty different. Most still ensure a good character building, but it's different. Backguards 2 pushed it even far, it's like you don't fully control the main character. It's bizarre but at end, for me, it's been among the CRPG that touch me the most.

Personally I can't stand JRPGS though for some reason this game has my interest big time so far.

As for making your own character VS one you play. That will always be a conversation here for all time.

Why not enjoy both? i always found bizarre to promote a single unique CRPG blueprint. Diversity is important, and CRPG is a ton of things, hence the ton of variations.

JRPG… kid/teen heroes and stories, grinding, and the famous JRPG clichés. That's more the problems than have heroes with a personality.

Moreover we would like to inform you that Jinx: Womb of Cosmos will be available as an Early Access game on Steam (Win/Mac/Linux) and GoG on mid-December 2016.

The Early Access will consist of 5 phases, each of them adding 3-5 new areas, while most of the core mechanics will be available during Phase One.

Our plans are to port to Xbox One and PS4 during the first two phases of Early Access.

A Kickstarter campaign will be launched mid-September.
[/QUOTE]

Certain pledge, as much certain I'll give up try learn the dev how make a great CRPG, that is I'll totally ignore the EA phase.

I have the vague feeling that all those games with a relative soon EA phase end get a set of pointless features up to make me wonder if it's not always the same players that influence EA designs.

It's fine get feedback from some players, eventually borrow some of the ideas thrown by some players, but let players design parts, if they always want the same things, it can't lead anywhere.

Crowd design of games, zero believing. I don't see why Crowd funding should mean crowd design, in my experience no crowd is good for any thinking, a crowd is just noises and movements.

Back
Top Bottom