Retro RPG Nirvana @ Ars Technica

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The full title of this article at Ars Technica is How I rode a Samsung tablet PC to retro role-playing nirvana, and it's really a hardware piece about the afore-mentioned tablet PC - but used for the glorious purpose of playing some isometric classics:
Great art stands the test of time, and demands of us a commitment commensurate with its greatness... or, at least that's the kind of thing I only half-ironically told myself as I pulled the trigger on the purchase of an obsolete, slightly brickish, $1,300 tablet PC, which I bought to turn into a portable console for classic computer RPGs. I'm a sucker for old-school isometric RPG titles—Temple of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Fallout 1 & 2—because they're true classics in every sense of the word, and when I began actively collecting used copies of them a little over a year ago, I wanted to make sure that I enjoyed them in style. After some long searching, I found that Samsung's overpriced "Origami" tablet PC is as close to the perfect platform for retro-RPGing as any I could imagine.
More information.

I have dreamed of such a machine for long time. But, it's too expensive. Playing BG or Ps:T on a handheld. It's like a dream comes true. I definitely envy this man.

Back
Top Bottom