The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I was taking notice of that.

I "took a peep", to quote Jeets from "The Grotto", into the guild chests and noticed scrolls of "resistance from elements, mass" there, if I recall that description text correctly. That would have been handy yesterday.

I think it could be a good idea if the casters among us that play in the Friday Group(s) would inscribe them, just in case. However, I'm not the boss here, so it's up to you to decide.

But, I thought that these scrolls were over level for our Friday group anyway.

Since guard items (like fire guard, frost guard, undead guard, good guard, acid guard) don't exist anymore in DDO (they are said to be buggy and thus removed; but I love them in lower levels where every health point counts), these might be valuable as well, but again, I can't say for sure because I'm not that deep into DDO.

I can certainly use that XP pot since I'm WAY behind all the VIP's and need to catch up a little!! :)

I can certainly use that XP pot since I'm WAY behind all the VIP's and need to catch up a little!! :)
Indeed. We need to think about what we run while you're riding the gravy train. Might not be the right time to be jerking around with Restless Isles (lots of "dead space" and fairly poor quest XP). We might be better off skipping right to Borovia and maybe adding the Desert back into the mix. Things to think about between now and Friday, team.

I've never been in the restless islands.
I guess I should at least take a peek at it before Friday.

Trust me Alrik, you really haven't missed anything worthwhile!! :)

Try to imagine stabbing yourself in the eyes. That would be an improvement over Restless Isles.

Definitely should run some high XP stuff like Borovia if Corwin's got a pot running. Maybe put him with Peter so that he can get the Reaper bonus as well as run a bit faster as well.

Do haste spells also increase running speed ? ;)

Now this is something I regard as useful ;) :

The Weekly Coupon gets you a free Glamered Weapon Aura with the Coupon Code WEAPONAURA, now through August 6th!

The rest :

DDO Store Sales: July 30th - August 6th
Rise Again! Get 25% off:
Select Reincarnation Items
Healing Items
Spell Point Potions
Quest XP Elixirs
Now through August 6th!

Get a free Sovereign II Experience Elixir with the Coupon Code SOV2POT (1/Account), now through August 8th.

Our free coupon for adventure packs is still available! Don't forget to redeem the code DDOFREEQUESTS to get adventure packs for your account through August 31st!

Try to imagine stabbing yourself in the eyes. That would be an improvement over Restless Isles.

Definitely should run some high XP stuff like Borovia if Corwin's got a pot running. Maybe put him with Peter so that he can get the Reaper bonus as well as run a bit faster as well.
If the group wants to run Isles, we could also have Corwin sit on the pot (I do love double entendre) until we're done and then guzzle before Borovia. I don't particularly care. I would like to run Isles at some point because we NEVER do and "new" experiences are nice, but it doesn't have to be this life.

BTW, next Friday (07AUG) I'm out. Two Parents and an SUV Campus Moving Company is back in business.

Do haste spells also increase running speed ? ;)

Haste gives a 32% bonus to striding, not stacking with striding gear, and 15% attack speed increase.

If the group wants to run Isles, we could also have Corwin sit on the pot (I do love double entendre) until we're done and then guzzle before Borovia. I don't particularly care. I would like to run Isles at some point because we NEVER do and "new" experiences are nice, but it doesn't have to be this life.

I suggested RI solely because it is "new" for the bulk of us. If we run it over level, or whatever, that's fine, but I would like to at least justify the points spent for those of us who bought it with points.

There's a free XP pot as well, SOV2POT is the code.

Last edited:
Put Corwin in my reaper group with a potion and he will catch up fast. Especially An Invitation to Dinner will give lots of xp. We can farm it reaper 1 and elite. I know a fast way to complete this quest. So it should be easy for Corwin to catch up completely.

Anyone else behind on XP who needs to be in the reaper group?

Another important aspect is if there are some items people want from the quests. That means we could farm those particular quests. E. g. Jm needed an item from Into the Mists. So we could farm that 2-3 times before advancing to Death House.

I think quite a few need Ravenloft gear so farming actually would benefit us a lot. The Ravenloft gear will be the best gear you have until you hit level 14 for Age of Rage gear and 15 for Sharn gear.

E. g. we need to get the Thrummingspark Cord from Wrath of the Earth for Corwin's sorcerer. It gives enhanced glaciation and magnetism which stacks with regular glaciation and magnetism. It also gives ice lore and lightning lore.

The equivalent for acid and fire is Burnscar Sash which drops in Sunrise. Also worth farming for.

Raven's Bane drops Silverthread Belt which is the same for devotion and nullification. Great for clerics, druids and wizards.

These are the only items I know of with enhanced bonus to spell power so I use the appropriate belt until I hit 29 when I can use the legendary version of the same belt. Those items are that good.

I have with Alrih rather the opposite problem : She's ready to take level 13. Right now. As a first-lifer.
I won't use the Voices with her anymore, because then she levels too fast.
She still levels too fast as a first-lifer anyway, I guess.

Regarding the "cleaning of guild chests to August 1st" I think I'll take a look at what I might take.
Corwin should, imho, as well.

( Uh ! We already have August ! Time flies ! )

FYI , I'm F2P again.

FYI , I'm F2P again.

Once you make a purchase in the DDO Store/buy an expansion pack, you are henceforth forever "Premium".

First lifers tend to level extremely fast when paired up with Reaper/Elite running parties. Even a second life character will stay at the wall for most of a 1-20 run.

Yes, I'm Premium, to be exact. I had forgotten to post that, but essentially, it's still F2P, that was what I wanted to point out.

I'm sorry, to be impolite, but this Friday run was very unfun for me, personally.
And here's why :

The Barovia quests are very story-heavy, and I did not do them before.
I absolutely hate farming story-heavy quests. It marginalises their stories. Treating stories this way is to me like speedreading through a poem.

Plus, as a "flower-sniffer" type of player, i know i should have played them before. But I'm also a very casual player, and in the midst of the week I'm often so exhausted I'm just unwilling to let myself into so emotionally strong habitats like the Land Of Barovia - and especially into story-heavy quests.
So, everything there was new to me - and it was like speedrunning through the complete Natural History museum, past all dinosaurs in 5 minutes. Or speedrunning through the Cheops Pyramid (I've never been to Egypt) in 5 minutes. Not looking at the inscriptions, the paintings any anything at all, just arriving in the main chamber, and from there just going out again.

I understood, however, that Corwin also needed help, and as he was rather slow as I am, I was more happy to stick to him as he had about the same running speed as I had, often. Also, he had a similar tendency (like me) to get lost because of that. ;)

I totally loved your remark about the loading time, Corwin : "I always wanted to finish "Of War And peace". :lol:

So, I need to go through every quest in my style again, with another character. Means that I'll need at least 2 hours for the full castle.

And that at full night.

On the positive side I would like to thank everyone who has given items to me (while still in the chest). :) The reason is that apart from our guild runs I hardly ever get named loot. Not only is my roll luck legendarily bad ( as also experienced in SWTOR ) , but I also have had no luck in farming items in solo mode yet, even on elite difficulty ( Kinetic Sphere in "Rosemary's Ballad" or Leather Gloves Of The Snake from "Kind Of A Big Deal" ).

You'll find that DDO is coded to only give items you can't use. Hence why I rarely get anything but docents. I have basically one of every major archetype, but zero warforged. :p

Seriously, I've farmed for Sword of Shadows and the Torc for over a decade and I've only seen the SoS drop once.

I have read horrible tales of people trying to farm the blade of Jack Jibbers.
One especially unlucky person in the forum had tried to get a certain blade from a rare assassin from 3 barrelcove, and use several pots to get it, with no success.

Back
Top Bottom