The Invincible - Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gematsu reports on a teaser trailer for The Invincible which is an retro-futuristic game which was recently delayed to 2022.

The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up as a space scientist on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Survival is a matter of your correct choices, taken whilst uncovering the secrets of the planet, bigger than anyone thought.

You are a scientist onboard an interstellar scientific expedition, suddenly thrown into a life-or-death rescue mission. Landing on a planet Regis III you have to find the missing crew members using some advanced space equipment, whilst relying on your brains and instincts to survive on the planet which quickly occurs to be unwelcoming. Soon you'll discover that Regis III holds terrifying secrets which are uncovered while you're piecing together the fate of your crew. And as you delve deeper into the mystery, you realise that perhaps you are not alone and that some places like this planet are better left untouched. But it's too late to turn back.

Features

• Retro-future atompunk setting reminiscent of the space race
  • Analogue yet very advanced technology allowing for drones and autonomous robots to support or spoil your mission
  • Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
  • Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
  • Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem's seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name
More information.

Looks interesting and it's being developed by a few Ex-CDPR employees.

Now then - what have we here...?

I like a bit of Stanislaw Lem.

I would love to have the peace of mind to develop in 2022. But 2021 was a controlled mayhem. 2022 will be total mayhem. Who will be interested in computer games, when internet outages, no electricity, famine, uprisings and living hand to mouth?

Yea the future these days doesn't look very bright. At this point in time I don't think its a matter of IF things break down with all our infrastructures and our society, its a matter of when and how fast.

The world today reminds me of the puzzle game Jenga. For a while our infrastructures are adapting to all the various problems from climate, Covid, economies, etc., but as more and more parts get removed the weaker it gets until eventually it will collapse.

Anyhow back on topic while I try to balance work, time with family/friends, and social stuff ... I also am packing in as much gaming and time with the dogs as possible ... best to enjoy it while one can.

So hopefully will get a chance to see this game develop as it looks pretty cool. I like the retro-style look of it - at least what I saw so far.

Lookin' good!

Back
Top Bottom