The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The favor will likely be only in the Feywild, like Barovia. You also have to consider that the expansion itself won't be available for years; it took a plague to get the others into the DDO Store. I would also point out that the content will be at L32 or somesuch, but none of us ever play to that level and stay there; half the guild cycles through the Heroics and the other half cycles through TRs instead.

I do expect the tree to be in the store by December though, so there is that. I went ahead and splurged myself, but I'd say most could go with the lowest tier without issue. I just splurged since I haven't spent my entertainment budget in around 6 months; just been working on the backlog.

We got L9 on our alts last night. Ran Mabar/Night revels so JM didn't miss anything important. I got a witch hat.

Feywild Illusionist will be a boon for Paladins, amusingly. CHA to-hit and Damage means you can focus on CHA, leading to massive saving throws with no penalty. Makes me wish they had skill points and I could fit in trapping on one.

I got the Feywind expansion and ETR'ed my paladin into a charisma build. There are snags to be aware of here.

The Feydark Illusionist universal tree will indeed grant you hit and dmg bonus based on charisma if you invest just 7 points into the tree. The snag is that the tree is NOT open to all classes. You need the feat called Magical Training to access it. Some classes get this automatically like Alchemist, Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard. Bards get it from Spellsinger enhancements, Rangers from Arcane Archer enhancements. Aasimar can also get it from the Aasimar enhancements.

Other classes like paladin will have to purchase the feat before the tree becomes open. I play a human paladin so I was able to get rid of Empower healing for this tree and it works well.

There are major benefits to doing this. One is that you don't have to focus on boosting strength. So you can more easily find a combination of gear to max out the abilities you need for a melee toon. You only need to focus on maxing charisma and constitution instead of having to max 3 stats.

With higher charisma you can get more constitution enhancement bonuses in Sacred Defender. That means a lot more hp's for the toon. You can also add charisma bonuses in all enhancement trees and epic destinies to charisma instead of spreading between strength, constitution and charisma.

Your lay on hands will be more efficient. Even more important is that your DC's to sunder, stunning (if you get the stunning blow feat) is based upon charisma so you will land these more often. Your saves will also be really high.

It's definitely worth a try, but it will cost you quite a bit. 41 points into Knight's of the Chalice, 31 points into Sacred Defender, 7 points into Feydark Illusionist. Then not many left for the racial tree. So either get racial past lives or not plan on many boosts from the racial tree.

So far my ETR'ed toon is only 25 and I haven't noticed any downsides. I hit as well as I did with my STR build and I have way more hp's and quite a lot higher saves. LOH's work better too so I can heal myself well even on reaper.

All in all it's definitely interesting to try. PDK paladins are probably a little bit stronger becauase you have more useful enhancements in the PDK tree to get to bonus to hit and dmg.

It's also worth noting that the best epic destiny tree for charisma based paladins is supposed to be the Fatesinger tree (bard one).

Here is an example of a great PDK paladin build and it can easily be adjusted for Feydark Illusionist

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...-THF-Paladin?p=6313780&viewfull=1#post6313780

Last edited:
The tome is still not working on every character. I've relogged and talked with the Fatespinner, and so far the Tome of Destiny is useless fluff that takes up valuable inventory on Mirys. Aerie ate hers without issue however.

Also, I'll confirm that every character gets a Unicorn mount or two, depending on what tier of the Expansion you buy. Both have the Fast prefix, meaning that we may be able to earn a slower version later.

Last edited:
The tome is still not working on every character. I've relogged and talked with the Fatespinner, and so far the Tome of Destiny is useless fluff that takes up valuable inventory on Mirys. Aerie ate hers without issue however.

Also, I'll confirm that every character gets a Unicorn mount or two, depending on what tier of the Expansion you buy. Both have the Fast prefix, meaning that we may be able to earn a slower version later.

You need to be level 20+ to use the tome

Aasimar can also get it from the Aasimar enhancements.

Bugged right now : Aasimar currently cannot get the tree even when having Magical Training. Confirmed by Lynnabel.

Me, I'm currently having problems with buying the Expansion. Some people have that as well. There is a possibility that this is because of "special characters" in passwords or/and account names (replies can be found via the dev tracker). It is also suuggested by them to fill in a support ticket if there are problems.

DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Commendations of Valor, now through October 18th! #DDO

This is your final weekend to get a Wish of Inheritance!
Available in the DDO Store through October 18th.

Advance Your Alt!
Get 25% off:
Tomes of Learning
Select Low Level Adventures
+2 Ability Tomes
Character Slots
Now through October 22nd!

Weekly Coupon
Lesser Guild Renown Elixir
Coupon Code LESSERGUILDPOT
Now through October 22nd!

I continue having problems with the pre-purchase. I have already contacted support.
Any ideas of what might be the cause ?
Some forums entries suggested having special character in account name and/or password.

Support fixed someone's issue I run with, took about 3 days. Don't change anything yet, see what they say.

Okay, I'll train in patience, then. ;)

Update . I found that indeed a few special characters are not accepted within the password. Creating a new password without them let me do the thing.

Last night I noticed that I haven't got the prelude to Sharn yet in my Heroic Saga. Is it possible to do that shipment under water quest ("Lost At Sea") on a Friday run ?

If I remember correctly, then I have all Heroic Sharn quests (of the story, not Cogs) on Elite. And because of that I'd like to have that single quest on elite difficulty as well, so that it makes my Heroic Saga full in one difficulty.

The Wiki doesn't say, however, that there are special rewards for Heroic Elite Difficulty ???

Last edited:
We did that quest a few weeks ago.
We grabbed that quest at the end of the session when the game crashed for 45 minutes.

Alrik, I see no problem with a couple folks joining you to smash thru that quest. It's not that long, particularly if you ignore a couple optionals. Perhaps we work a split at the beginning of the session next week where a few of us do the DA run for tokens and a few others knock out that quest with you. Piece of cake. The saga reward is typical of all the others- XP, skill tomes, guild favor, and some random junk. Since you're a first lifer and XP isn't an issue, I'd recommend picking a tome.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind for next Friday. I hadn't realized that you did it already.

I made a Wizard caster now for the next low level alt series.
She is currently sitting in the Wavecrest Tavern in Korthos.
Her name is Bany (coming from "bane", better names I wished to use were already taken), and I'm set to try out the new Feydark Illusionist tree. But, of course, I have no experience with that tree yet …
My plan is to leave out those 2 points "… may use charisma …" since I didn't put too many points into that. As a Wizard caster, I'll rather concentrate on intelligence.
If I understood the tree right, I'll have to focus on Force Magic, though.

Milk Korthos heavily, catch the solos, maybe do explorers and rares in Cerulean Hills. We'll roll into the Harbor 2's as a group.

Yes, getting to level 3 will be done individually. We won't group until the Harbor 2's. I might regret that since I'm returning the same toon, but so it goes.

At which level should I stop questing ( level 3 ? ) and until when ?

Force and Illusion magic. I swapped my old Deep Gnome over to it to test out the new spells. Haven't had much of a chance since I've been busy otherwise.

I think I'll be doing a trapper alcoholic, possibly focusing on casting instead of shooting things. Nothing fancy, but I do need about 9 more tokens to buy a heart.

At which level should I stop questing ( level 3 ? ) and until when ?
Your toon should be level3. No more than a rank into 3. You should be able to get there strictly by running everything in Korthos. If for some reason you're still short after slogging thru Misery's Peak (highly unlikely), do slayers/rares in Cerulean Hills.

So, this Friday at the beginning of the session, Peter, CM, and Alrik will blast thru Lost at Sea. While that happens, the other 4 will do a DA run to farm tokens for Az (I believe Corwin is paid up now). With the remaining time (Alrik's group will finish before the DA is complete) someone can show Alrik where to cash in his saga.

After that, we'll figure out a split and wrap up our death march thru Sharn with Sharn3 (the lvl17 docks chain).

I still need at least two (2) more tokens before being able to TR. We might need to run DA a couple of more times to satisfy everyone's needs.

I still need at least two (2) more tokens before being able to TR. We might need to run DA a couple of more times to satisfy everyone's needs.
OK, we should cover that this week, then.

You are frustrated by utter boringness and dullness and don't know what to do ?

Try out the brand new Feywild Scramble !

https://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-chronicle-issue-400

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +5 Treasure Hunter's Boost, now through October 25th!

DDO Store Sales: October 22nd - 29th
Rise Again! Get 20% off:
Select Reincarnation Items
Healing Items
Spell Point Potions
Quest Elixirs
Now through October 29th!

The Weekly Coupon gets you a free Jeweler's Toolkit with the Coupon Code JEWELKIT, now through October 29th!

Just a forward notice that I will be missing on Nov 6 for my annual ministers conference.

@Az- ran the alts thru Deleras and a couple bar quests. About half the group made lvl10. JM is 3rd rank of 9 and I believe in "last place". If you've got 10, you can take it since we're moving on to level 8 content next time the alts run.

Sorry about last night; I realized when I checked my phone before going to bed that it was Friday. We have an airport job which is running us ragged; going to be near 3,000 tons tomorrow, and we NEVER run on Sunday except in extreme cases. This is only the second time since I started here, and the last time was due to the plant going dead for an entire 12 hour day.

I'm definitely in last place on my Sorc. I think I had just got into 9. I'll try to get in later this week and run some stuff on her, but next week looks like 4 and 5 mix days. Getting into the end of the season for us.

Back
Top Bottom