Diablo 2 Resurrected - Performance Preview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN checked out the peformance of Diablo 2 Resurrected:

Diablo 2 Resurrected Alpha: An Impressive Update - Performance Preview

Diablo 2 just wrapped its Resurrected Alpha on PC and the improvements are apparent. What's even more impressive is how the Diablo 2 Alpha runs on a technical level. While it may have been only an alpha at this point, this version of Diablo 2 is striking all the right performance notes with fans as many are excited to play again when the full release is here.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

I’m really looking forward to this remaster. I really enjoyed D2 back in the day and still consider it my personal gold-standard for ARPGs.

well new graphics and a shared stash alone won't do the magic for me. I'm used to play d2 mods and i expect those quality of life/balance/endgame whatsoever.

Everyone will play hammerdin or sorc and will just do baal runs until hell freeze.

Only reason I'm interested is you don't need to use Battle.net online to play SP.

Wish I had my old saves, but I did start some new characters in D2. The saves are supposed to be transferable.

Well, if battle net were required, I think they'd likely lose ninety percent of their audience, including me. Time to put a limit on janky platforms!

I'm interested in this as I skipped Diablo II on release all those years ago. By the time I was looking for something in that genre Diablo III came out and D2 looked horrible. So they will get at least one new player out of all this work!

I think it looks great and the side-by-side comparisons really show the beauty of the new engine!

Lue.

I just dont think I could play this.

For me, Diablo 2 is like Metallica - Loved em back in the day, but every time I try and fire it up again, it's just flatline. Like that CD that you left in vehicle stereo way too long, and burned it out permanently.

I hear and agree to a certain extent, yet while I cannot stomach latter Metallica, I can always put Ride the Lightening on, and have a great deal of enjoyment. Somehow that always snatches me back to the summer/fall of 1984, an era that I'll not see the likes of again, me thinks. A true classic will always shine through.

I want turn-based Diablo, where I can bring 8-12 hired mercenaries in battle!

I want turn-based Diablo, where I can bring 8-12 hired mercenaries in battle!
Fuck no get away you heathen. Get away I say…>:O

I just dont think I could play this.

For me, Diablo 2 is like Metallica - Loved em back in the day, but every time I try and fire it up again, it's just flatline. Like that CD that you left in vehicle stereo way too long, and burned it out permanently.
Sounds like me with all these remastered classic's with 6-18 bit graphics in the news-bits lately. I tell ya if that did it for me I'd be a real happy gamer right now.:roll:

Last edited:
that said, i wonder if MP would ignite the fire. You know?

Singleplayer campaign is one thing, but just like rockin' out to live metallica would be different from sitting at home listening to Master of Puppets, I wonder if late night coffee fueled multiplayer might be fun.

Those were good gaming times, there.

The remastered visuals look great, but I agree that's probably not enough if you weren't a fan to begin with.

I might check it out if they include some new options like no respawns in single-player. I always disliked how all the enemies were resurrected every time you loaded a save.

Back
Top Bottom