Thief 4 to be announced May 11th.

Crap. They really did it.

Thi4f.

<sigh>

Edit: Supposedly, this is just the working title, but working titles have a habit of becoming shipping titles. Still, I cringe.

Hahahaha ... THIAF!

At least they have the number in the title, not like "Thief: Deadly Shadows". And "Deadly Shadows" already was a boring subtitle, so I don't expect anything intelligent any more ...

Okay, now we've got to rewrite everything.

Things aren't 1337 anymore, but they are now 1447 instead. ;)

Okay, now we've got to rewrite everything.

Things aren't 1337 anymore, but they are now 1447 instead. ;)

Why does that feel all Spinal Tap to me ...

Other gamers are just '1337' ... we're better, we're '1447'!

Oh man, I remember those Hammerites taking over the castle! That was a tough level but, eventually, I stood alone inside and there was a huge pile of knocked-out guards outside.

Heck of a great game! It was really fun to be so weak that I really couldn't stand toe to toe against even one guard. Running like mad through a mansion with four guards chasing me was incredible! The only real problem I remember with the game was the way guards would hardly notice as you shot out all the lights in the room and left them standing in the dark.

If this new game can capture that feel, it's going to be great. I'm putting the chances at less than 30%, though.

I'm hoping for more RPG elements, particularly in terms of character development.

It was really fun to be so weak that I really couldn't stand toe to toe against even one guard.

Unfortunately, after a few playthroughs, you as a gamer can become 1447 enough to actually defeat a lot of guards in melee even if you play on expert mode. So it takes a bit of self-restraint to play as if you were weak.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, after a few playthroughs, you as a game can become 1447 enough to actually defeat a lot of guards in melee even if you play on expert mode. So it takes a bit of self-restraint to play as if you were weak.

Can someone please translate what he just said? ;)

As for my hopes for Thi4f, I am trying not to have any. The most important thing for me would be huge levels, good AI, and non-linear gameplay.

I hated the level size in Deadly Shadows. Your main weapon is a bow, for God's sake. There was too much quasi-point blank shooting in the third part.

Back
Top Bottom