The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

A rather limited viewpoint if you ask me. Just out of curiosity, have you considered the possibility that some people may actually consider listening to music an activity on its own where they actively seek an emotional and/or intellectual stimulus.

Oh dear… that bad eh :(

Edit: I see couchpotato has +1'd you rather than engaged in a conversation, so I guess that was the reason, great guess there Asdraguuhl.

If you're interested in the philosphical aspect of music then I could send you all kinds of hilarious… oops, I mean intellectual… forms of 'music' to fill your life with.

We could even discuss the point at which sounds become music if you like, if you really want to go there, that is.

But what I do know is that if I like a piece of music, I'm more than happy to explain why, not because I have to, but because I want to… ;)

Last edited:
The first one is like Bohemian Rhapsody taken to the nth level. I like it. Feels somewhat Wagnerian operatic with metal bits. All are definitely classically influenced.

I like this vocal piano piece in particular
Not the Same

Last edited:
I recognize music from Mozart, Beethoven and Mussorgsky in some of the tracks in link 1. I hope they at least get credited.
The first one is like Bohemian Rhapsody taken to the nth level. I like it. Feels somewhat Wagnerian operatic with metal bits. All are definitely classically influenced.
Most of their albums use classical music as a base then add metal segments. My all time favorite albums are Night Castle(2009), and Beethoven's Last Night(2000).

Beethoven's Last Night(2000) - Full Album

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWgf47IQ1Q

Night Castle (2009) -Playlist of Videos

Link - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaYPiBo1HyeX8YkzzxkQHreWGlbPyVCpk

Warning: Videos might be blocked in your country if they are unavailable.:)

Last edited:
Victoria Wood's rendition of Cole Porter's Let's Do It:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNU5KVa_Tu8

R.I.P May 19, 1953 - April 20, 2016, a true comedy pioneer in all kinds of ways, some say comedy genius, and even that's a modest understatement, she'll be mostly remembered as a female comic who really was better than all the guys. I saw her live, ohhh, about 20 years ago, and I can confirm, it's true!

For the last few days I've been enjoying this 1999 progressive house instrumental. It's pretty basic but hooky somehow. It's German by the way. :)

SM-Trax - Got the Groove (SM in Motion Dub Mix)

Oh man! This track is a gem. Thanks!
I heard it before...only did not know the title :)

In exchange I give you a bit different Trax...Mellow Trax - Phuture Vibes (Original 99er Extended Club Mix) :) A bit more like hard trance from the year 98/99, also from Germany.

And a bit of more gentle melodies with a nice vocal
Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Clear Blue Water

Also a good Trance track, a bit more driving beat and BPS, but it sounds nice,hehe.
The Mystery - All I Ever Wanted (Devotion)

In exchange I give you a bit different Trax…Mellow Trax - Phuture Vibes (Original 99er Extended Club Mix) :) A bit more like hard trance from the year 98/99, also from Germany.
Definitely hard trance. An odd one that makes me smile too. :) "Mellow Trax" hah!
And a bit of more gentle melodies with a nice vocal
Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Clear Blue Water
Very nice. Thank you! Marked for DL. :)
Also a good Trance track, a bit more driving beat and BPS, but it sounds nice,hehe.
The Mystery - All I Ever Wanted (Devotion)
Also, great. Thanks! Love the driving synth line. Reminds me a bit of the Trousers. :)

I'm currently rediscovering Sacred Spirit… way back I only knew their album Culture Clash. It contains a pleasing blend of jazzy electronic new age world lounge ambient music that I find very evocative.

They seem to have made a couple more albums in the meantime, each with a different theme.

I said that I don't really like House, or Deep House-like music...with a few exceptions.

And this one is a exception. Check it! I think Thrasher will like it. :)

I heard this the first occasion,pretty impressive.
Bonga - mona ki ngi xica (Synapson remix)
This one has a nice progression. An easy going track.

My favorite from Synapson at the moment is
Synapson - 'All in You' - feat. Anna Kova
It has such a good vibe. The vocalist is great.

This one is also good.
SYNAPSON - 'Fireball' - feat. Broken Back

Enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOTdt9Bovk

R.I.P Billy Paul, December 1, 1934 - April 24, 2016.

Also took me to this favorite I hadn't heard in a while. :)

And an absolutely fantastic house vocal that shows us, yes, we can have great guitar house music (at least the first half)

I'm currently rediscovering Sacred Spirit… way back I only knew their album Culture Clash. It contains a pleasing blend of jazzy electronic new age world lounge ambient music that I find very evocative.

Interesting, thanks!

Also I must add that for my birthday I received the wonderful Steven Wilson 2013 remix CD/Blu-Ray discs for Yes - Close to Edge.

The sound quality is a very nice improvement while keeping the sounds of the original but clarifying and filling and separating it out quite nicely. Stuff that was hard to hear on the original is much sharper and present. And there is a lot to hear. Highly recommended.

I am really digging the super clean remix of America (the long version). Of course youtube doesn't do it justice compared to the remix CD but here's the youtube anyway of the Fragile remaster version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom