The Fellowship Saga - Announcement

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Fellowship Saga is a turn-based first-person RPG due to release November 2020.

Unlikely Heros
In the kingdom of Falone, you control a party of adventurers who suddenly find themselves in an epic struggle for control of the crown.

Key Features

• Turn-Based Combat: Accessible, Familiar, Tense, and full of choices by using the system from the 5th edition of the world's most popular RPG.
  • Party-based: Teamwork and synergies necessary by creating and managing a party of 5 adventurers.
  • First-person: Accessible first-person gameplay provides up-close action and full controller support.
  • Tailor to your playstyle: 12 Classes and nine races provide a wide range of customization and flexibility - and extended by one level of subclassing.
  • Exploration: Visit wilderness, towns, caverns, and dungeons while completing quests and defeating a wide range of creatures.
More information.

"Visit wilderness, towns, caverns, and dungeons while completing quests and defeating a wide range of creatures."

Towns like Blandy Blandenville?

I don't detect even a whiff of creative inspiration coming off this one.

I'm not the news post is right calling it "isometric". It is very clearly first-person and the steam page also says that.

It is not AAA quality, but certainly looks interesting. I might give it a try. The 3D turn-based system looks novel to me.

I love first person turn-based RPG's. With some improvements and polish this could be pretty good

Combat, said to be accessible, a reason why UgoIgo is chosen, familiar, depends on how people read rules, full of choices, highly probable as this is somehow a trademark of UgoIgo RPG, myriads of redundant options, tense, that is another story, looks wet, very wet.

looks interesting, a bit like might and magic.
if it has a good living world it could be a real blast.

Seems a bit clunkier than Valkyria Chronicles, but count me interested.

Looks pretty lightweight so if this could be migrated to IOS it might be successful and help elevate mobile gaming out of stupidville.

I'm always in for party based blobbers, be it turnbased, realtime or anywhere between.

Am I the only one who at first read the title and this line ("The Fellowship Saga is a turn-based first-person RPG due to release November 2020") and briefly thought this was a LotR announcement of a tbs single player RPG?!?!

Damn... oh well, hopefully this will still be good.

Depends on the price point, but I could get this eventually. I'm not a party-based gamer, but it looks pretty good.

I think this looks pretty darn good. I'm officially excited about this game. Thanks for posting this. Plus, the character portraits look like they came from Temple of Elemental Evil. That's a big plus.

The art direction somewhat reminds me of the 3D-version of the Realms Of Arcania [TDE] series … Some areas of the video look a bit much like "Wild West" to me ...

I'm guessing but I think with the OGL you have to avoid all association with d&d itself.

Yeah, you can use the ruleset and some of the spells and monsters, but no Forgotten Realms or other IP, or any trademarked names.

Back
Top Bottom